Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG PLATINUM, HILTON DIAMOND
Weekend night in conrad NY for only $124!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Silver, Aeroplan 25K, DVC
Thanks for posting the info on this sale--I didn't get any kind of notice from Hhonors about it. I switched a Jan 1 reservation in Lynnwood from a Holiday Inn Express to a Embassy Suites for less money.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14 to January 7

No issues at checkin. Wasn't asked for anything other than the standard ID and CC, so it is definitely a public rate.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
BOSman, and anyone now at a Hilton property booked with the Thank You rates.

Please let us know as soon as your HHonors account credits that stay, how it shows as to points, miles, and if it shows a stay credit. Most of us are waiting to finally confirm what if any differences show up with these bookings regardless what all the emails, phone calls have done to confuse us further.

And while many on here refer to this as a "Friends and Family rate", still the link from the OP and the resulting email confirmation that I got for my next week's booking reads "Thank You Rate". So while this may appear similar to the Friends and Family rate, as it appears to be sent from Hilton employees to us, still it should stand on it's own as we don't have to say how we're connected to the senders of the rate, and it appears that it really was intended for the general public usage when it was extended to us (even though no email announcements were sent) as it's on all the blog sites too, and shouldn't be held to all the restrictions of an employee's type of rate, IMO. And according to that email for my stay at a HGI next week, it also specifies that I'll get my MY WAY comped breakast choice for my wife and me as a Gold.

Hope it works out well for all of us, and we can in return say "Thank You" to Hilton for the great rates, and points, miles, credits and perks for these stays!

bj-21.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 8:21 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
No issues at checkin. Wasn't asked for anything other than the standard ID and CC, so it is definitely a public rate.
Same here at the Embassy Suites New Orleans. However, I normally stay on government rates (yes, I'm eligible) and have never been asked for ID. Or for AAA rates. So I wouldn't conclude from your data that it's a public rate (although I believe it is).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on stay credit. Ms. QBK and I have two stays each on this rate between now and Dec 31 -- and we each have 14 stays to date, so two Gold requals are riding on this. . If stays don't post, I guess Citibank is getting two new card members next February...

(and, before somebody asks, we maintain independent status because almost all of our travel is separate business travel. When we travel together, there's a war to decide who gets the stays/points... not to mention whose airline we fly on!)
Old Dec 15, 2012, 1:50 am

Programs: AA, SPG, Hh, Amex MR, Marriott, ICH, VA, CC, LH
No room at the inn

Originally Posted by more4less
Hi,

did you try through the link provided in the first post?
Yes I did go through the link. I guess it will be the stable again at this time of year.

Hilton Auckland hotel, No rooms available
Old Dec 15, 2012, 2:57 am

Just checked out from a one night stay at a Hilton Hotel near me. Will post again when the stay gets credited to my account. Things like double dip airline miles, points, stay credit etc.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 3:25 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold
Youa re absolutely right, the Manager checked me in and didn't bat an eye. Opaque rate with all the features of standard rate. Gotta love it. Although on another note, I think I made my family mad by saying drop me off at the Embassy..that's another story
Old Dec 15, 2012, 5:27 am

Programs: Some
Stayed at a Hampton Inn last night and I just found my receipt under the door. It says I'm earning 2462 points for this stay - a good sign, perhaps.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 7:57 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by Lin Hang Ren
Weekend night in conrad NY for only $124!
That is a nice price. I was in November in NYC. Booked one night free of charge thanks to Choice BRG and some nights for 16k Wyndham points (which could be produced for around 60 $ earlier this year)
Old Dec 15, 2012, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG PLATINUM, HILTON DIAMOND
Normal checkin

Success checkin at Conrad Ny @$124. Upgrade to riverview suite on top floor! Breakfast coupon etc.. Asked if this reservation gives pts/credits, front desk said I dont see why not.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Lin Hang Ren
Success checkin at Conrad Ny @$124. Upgrade to riverview suite on top floor! Breakfast coupon etc.. Asked if this reservation gives pts/credits, front desk said I dont see why not.
You might get the trophy. That's a great upgrade. ^^

Bobette
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Checked into ANC Hilton. No issues, was 'welcomed back' - vouchers would be 'slid under the door' for brekkie (EL closed on weekends)- upgraded to Junior suite on 10th floor- decent room. Hope the stay counts (will keep everyone updated)
Old Dec 16, 2012, 5:03 am

Programs: HH D
Nice rate, received all diamond benefits, hot breakfast, drink voucher included. Will be going to receive points + 500 miles according to the 'information bill'. Don't know about the night/stay credit yet. Room rate was around 40 euro! Did spend more than that on incidentals though (restaurant, bar, tips).

Last edited by Sisosig; Dec 16, 2012 at 10:16 am
Old Dec 16, 2012, 6:03 am

Hi all beloved FTers and fellow Hhonors members I have good news! My account has been credited with the previous stay under the thank you rate. With the rate you get everything!

Base points 4500+ points
Diamond bonus 2300 points
1000 reasons to not stay with Hilton bonus - 1000 points
Diamond Myway Bonus - 1000 points
Virgin Atlantic Airways Double Dip - 1000 miles

Also not to forget the stay credit. I got it. You will too!

Good news. All myths solved. Like this rate so so so so much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.