Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: DL MM & FO, HH Diamond
Thank You!

Thank you OP for sharing this great deal - I either did not receive it or didn't pay attention to the email. Was able to save a bundle of points by exchanging a points+cash in Barcelona for a E107 rate. That, and a couple of early January stays for the cost of a motel 6 on the highway.

Gotta love FT

T2
Old Dec 12, 2012, 1:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver
Great deal at Hilton Puerto Vallarta

Awesome deal, thanks to the OP. Was able to use at the new all-inclusive Hilton Puerto Vallarta Dec 15-22. Saved me a bunch of money. Excited to try this hotel - will report back!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 1:39 pm

Smile Thanks

Thanks to the original poster--was looking for a room in Manhattan which won't cost me an "arm and a leg". Got an (apparent) full service hotel in a great location for less than $100. Hey do I sound like a Priceline poster?

Again thanks to the poster for sharing the offer.

SAS
Old Dec 12, 2012, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
They have no clue only if they didn't have the right promo memo, the agent that I talked with initially said no nothing (as it is F&F rate), but when I told him about the exact dates for this promo, he actually look thru all his promo memo, found the thankyou 50% the T&C and read to me about yes to points but no to credit.
Color me skeptical. Probably read the page we did and saw points eligible and made an assumption.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 3:07 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Delta GM, Avis P+
Does this promo apply to reward stays also? I have several reward stays booked this holiday, but when I search under this promo it shows a cheaper rate but the same points.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by phalkon30
Does this promo apply to reward stays also? I have several reward stays booked this holiday, but when I search under this promo it shows a cheaper rate but the same points.
Nope, promo is only for paid stays.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 9:54 pm

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Just Booked

Decided to book a couple of nights next week at a HGI (30 % off for HGI's with this Thank You Rate promo) which at first came up with the full BAR when I looked, even though the initial pages of properties showed the Thank You rate. I tried clearing my cookies and closed my browser then went back and actually got the correct discounted rate.

MY Way choice for HGI's as a Gold is a comped breakfast, so I hope that this discounted rate doesn't change that, and we'll see how the points, miles, and/if a possible stay credit post after our midweek stay. Will make some incidental charge to see how that posts and if it changes anything for this stay. So far all my stays usually post a two or three days after checkout, and I'll post on FT as soon as I see the results.

bj-21.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by scjmc
Book By 07 Jan 2013. Stay Between 14 Dec 2012 and 07 Jan 2013.
Save up to 50% off the Best Available Rate at participating hotels and resorts throughout the Hilton Worldwide portfolio. All stays are eligible to earn Hilton HHonors™ Points. Whether you’re traveling near or far, make this the best holiday yet by booking a room for yourself or your loved ones.

Save 50% at these participating hotels and resorts:
-Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites, and Hilton Grand Vacations

Save 30% at these participating hotels and resorts:
- Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, Homewood Suites, and Home2 Suites

Help us spread the light and warmth of hospitality this holiday season by sharing this special offer with your friends and family.

Offer available exclusively through this webpage. *Offer not available on December 31, 2012.

http://www.hhonors.com/thankyou

Warning: This rate might be ineligible for stay and night credit
The T&Cs on the referenced web site say that "All stays are eligible to earn Hilton HHonors™ Points."
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:07 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by vdostoi1
The T&Cs on the referenced web site say that "All stays are eligible to earn Hilton HHonors™ Points."
Yes. This has been discussed extensively in the preceding 100 or so posts. To summarize: it earns points, but it may not earn stay/night credit. We don't know yet.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
Probably a stupid question...

It parking 50% off too ?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by poser
Probably a stupid question...

It parking 50% off too ?
There's no reason to think it would be.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 8:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by b1513
There's no reason to think it would be.
For the same reason that drinks and food in the hotel also won't be 50% off!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:32 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Originally Posted by QBK
Yes. This has been discussed extensively in the preceding 100 or so posts. To summarize: it earns points, but it may not earn stay/night credit. We don't know yet.
I can't believe that it wouldn't earn stay/night credit. I'm sure people will report back here after their stays and we'll learn more though.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by TransWorldOne
I can't believe that it wouldn't earn stay/night credit. I'm sure people will report back here after their stays and we'll learn more though.
I know someone has reported a similar finding already, but I just spent about 20 minutes with a HHonors rep on the phone and here is the verdict:

-The Thank You rate is considered a Hilton employee rate.
-The purpose of the the Thank You promo is for Hilton Employees to pass on to their Friends and Family.
-Since this is a Hilton Family Travel Rate, this will NOT earn credit toward stays or nights but you WILL earn points. This is explained in the HHonors T&Cs under Accrual of Points, Paragraph 3.

I believe her.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:38 am

Thanks for researching this, vdostoi1. To clarify, will the stay also earn miles, in particular Virgin Atlantic ones for their promotion?

If not, do we need to change our earning style to points + points or do we not get additional points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.