Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2013, 11:14 am

hilton bellevue Seattle wa - 0 upgrades out of 3 stays so far as HH Diamond.

Crap hotel
Old Aug 12, 2013, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Hilton Edinburgh Grovesnor Hotel gave me an upgrade from a standard room to a deluxe room, and gave me a free drink at the bar (plus the usual diamond points and breakfast). The hotel was completely booked though, and the deluxe room was very nice and large, so I was fine with that as an upgrade!
Old Aug 20, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Hilton Fisherman's Wharf, last weekend (Thurs-Mon): upgraded to supposedly nicer room, no suites available. The hotel lobby is under reconstruction for 2 months with no warning (and no signs at the old entrance pointing to the temporary one).
Old Aug 21, 2013, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

Going to call this a successful failure.

Hilton New Orleans

Booked standard got standard. Upgraded to a suite when I complained of bed bugs.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Doubletree Bristol(CT) - booked standard King and received standard King
Old Aug 21, 2013, 8:17 pm

Palmer House Hilton in Chicago--didn't get the upgrade as a Diamond last weekend
Old Aug 23, 2013, 1:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JONEZY00
Santa Fe Hilton No upgrade.

I am starting to hear more comments that if you are traveling on a corporate/low/award rate you are being passed over for an upgrade. If this is true its a change of policy. In previous years I had great upgrades on Corp rates and award stays.
I believe the Santa Fe Hilton only has 5 suite rooms. Stay there many times and only rarely get an upgrade. However, they do put you in one of their oversized rooms.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 3:28 pm

Fails

Fails:

Hilton Stockholm Slussen - given the room i was booked, with no view
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista/Universal - standard room
Hilton Bellevue - given what i'd say is pretty much the worst room in the hotel

Good:

Doubletree Orlando Downtown - given junior suite
Old Aug 23, 2013, 5:16 pm

HGI in downtown SLC upgraded to whirlpool suite. Didn't have time to make use of the tub but having a two room suite in an HGI was niOh no! Everything is just fine, I'm so sorry. I have no idea how that happened since I didn't know you could accidentally dial a smart phone. We are in the middle of nowhere in Montana and I can't believe I even had reception. So sorry. My phone is crazy ce. Anything with a couch is very welcome after 5 straight weeks in hotels

Edit - oops wrong thread lol

Last edited by MissJ; Aug 25, 2013 at 9:29 pm
Old Aug 24, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: UA LT GS 4.2 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Istanbul doubletree old town booked a king on an advance purchase rate and was upgraded to a suite
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:47 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by IAHMCI
Istanbul doubletree old town booked a king on an advance purchase rate and was upgraded to a suite
How is this a failure?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:29 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hilton Prague - booked King Standard and received King Standard in EF. I am quite sure both rooms are identical.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Hilton Frankfurt airport:

Booked a twin bed room on points. At check in, I was told that they gave me a one level upgrade i.e. exec floor (same room) with lounge access. Asked about a suite (which was available book on Hilton.com) and was told that they do only one level upgrade from the room type that was booked.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
Booked a standard room at the Doubletree O'Hare last night (8/24) on a $75 AAA rate and received the same. I usually get upgraded to the very nice corner rooms but was told they were sold out last night. I did get my valet parking discounted from $28 to $15 (I assume it must be a Diamond amenity of some kind).
Old Aug 27, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Gulf Air Falconflyer Gold
Hilton Lafayette, LA.

Booked standard room, received standard room on non-EF. Guy checking in next to me "was able to be upgraded to a suite on EF". No big loss, kinda disappointing for my first stay as a Diamond.

Eric

Added - It appears I was lucky to get a king bed since the hotel appears to be sold out of everything except twin standard rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.