Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2013, 1:59 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA EXP, QFF WP, HH D, SPG G, Hertz PC
Hilton Sydney has consistently refused to upgrade me to a suite this year - previously they would do so quite regularly.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 4:20 pm

Programs: MMH MVP Charter Member, UA 1K MM
The last few weeks I stayed at 4 hiltons and did not receive any upgrade on the rooms (all booked with points):

Hilton Innsbruck
Hilton Molino Stucky Venice
Hilton Tokyo
Hilton Moorea ( finally got an upgrade to deluxe bungalow after showing an e-mail they sent saying the deluxe bungalow would be complimentary based on availability, which there was. Their manager cancelled the NOR-1 request because we booked directly into a bungalow with pool, which was not the lowest room and she did not believe we should be getting anything higher than the standard pool bungalow)

I was pretty upset with this. I have had upgraded rooms (including suites) when booking with cash, but when I finally decide to blow all of my points for my honeymoon, I don't see a single upgrade.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Waldorf Astoria NYC last Sunday night, booked Luxury Room, upgraded to Executive Suite.

Climate control didn't work, (room was HOT,) but still a nice upgrade IMHO.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 2:41 pm

Washington Hilton at 1919 Connecticut Ave in DC (Dupont) has only upgraded me once and it was because I complained that they put me in a double room when I requested a king. I've been diamond for the entire year and have visited 5 times.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:52 pm

San Diego Hilton Bayfront, mid-September, Saturday/Sunday nights. I was told 'no upgrades available'. There were very few guests around, and the hotel seemed very quiet, no taxi line, we were the only ones at the pool bar, and the same at one point in the Odyssey bar Sat. night. Just a few people at the Fox Sports Grill Sunday night for football. Couldn't figure out the upgrade refusal.

On the positive side, there were so few people around that we had no trouble anywhere within the hotel getting immediate service during our 2-day stay.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Train
San Diego Hilton Bayfront, mid-September, Saturday/Sunday nights. I was told 'no upgrades available'. There were very few guests around, and the hotel seemed very quiet, no taxi line, we were the only ones at the pool bar, and the same at one point in the Odyssey bar Sat. night. Just a few people at the Fox Sports Grill Sunday night for football. Couldn't figure out the upgrade refusal.

On the positive side, there were so few people around that we had no trouble anywhere within the hotel getting immediate service during our 2-day stay.
This is discouraging. I have an upcoming stay here in a couple of weeks. Did you notice if suites were available to reserve online for your stay?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jmc1K
Waldorf Astoria NYC last Sunday night, booked Luxury Room, upgraded to Executive Suite.

Climate control didn't work, (room was HOT,) but still a nice upgrade IMHO.
How is this a failure? The executive suites are great!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
Originally Posted by Michael19887
This is discouraging. I have an upcoming stay here in a couple of weeks. Did you notice if suites were available to reserve online for your stay?
You should get some sort of upgrade as diamond even if its a better view. I booked the cheapest room possible (2 queens, lesser view) and was given 29th and 18th floor and bay view as a gold.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by poser
You should get some sort of upgrade as diamond even if its a better view. I booked the cheapest room possible (2 queens, lesser view) and was given 29th and 18th floor and bay view as a gold.
I'm in San Diego fairly often for work and Bayfront is one of my default choices. I'm a diamond, but I have never gotten any upgrades more than higher floor or bay view, which I've gotten when I had no status at all. 'Upgrades' here are pretty much a joke. But still a great hotel.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
Originally Posted by tony7kp
I'm in San Diego fairly often for work and Bayfront is one of my default choices. I'm a diamond, but I have never gotten any upgrades more than higher floor or bay view, which I've gotten when I had no status at all. 'Upgrades' here are pretty much a joke. But still a great hotel.
I think its my favorite Hilton property in San Diego that I have stayed at. I'm in San Diego a lot for personal reasons and outside of the Hampton Inn in Del Mar I try to book here if I can swing it. The parking charge is insane but other than that I really like this place.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Michael19887
Sorry, I did not look at suite availability. In the reservation online notes, I noted I am Diamond and requested a suite upgrade. You probably shouldn't do that

Best wishes that your Diamond status gets you upgraded.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hilton GDL(Mex) - booked standard king and got standard king in high floor which, in theory, is for HHG and HHD.

Stayed several times at this property and never received a suite.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Gold, Hertz 5star
Hilton Hawaiian Village - booked a resort view in the Ali'i tower and barely got that - was in a low floor looking straight at another building. was told during check-in that no upgrades were available, but checked availability online and it was showing for suites in other towers and ocean views in pretty much all towers that have them.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Hilton SF Financial District (Chinatown): upgraded to Executive Floor room (point stay).
Old Nov 27, 2013, 7:05 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Hilton Glasgow. No upgrade to Exec Floors, no suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.