Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2013, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
- 32 stay with Hilton this year including Europe and Asia. Was upgraded to Executive Floors (expected) but not a single suite upgrade!

Much different story with SPG. Out of last 5 stays I was given great suites on 3 occasions (and two other were short 1 night stays in properties I didn't care). I didn't use SPG Platinum 50 night suite upgrades for any of the 3 upgraded stays.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by N965VJ
How proactive are you in requesting upgrades? Do you ask in the comments box when making your reservation, and again at the FD when checking in?

is this the normal way for many people to ask for an upgrade -- in the comments section? I've never typed anything in that box. Does it have any pull at all?

Maybe I should write in the box every time that I am going to propose to my girlfriend that night and want a nice room? HAHA FRAUD
Old Sep 6, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Jamesgott
is this the normal way for many people to ask for an upgrade -- in the comments section? I've never typed anything in that box. Does it have any pull at all?

Maybe I should write in the box every time that I am going to propose to my girlfriend that night and want a nice room? HAHA FRAUD
If nothing else, the comments with the "please upgrade per Diamond status" stuff are good for a laugh from the FD staff when blocking rooms. The "I'm proposing" comments may get you a bottle of sparkling wine
Old Sep 6, 2013, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
is this the normal way for many people to ask for an upgrade -- in the comments section?
I do it, but me being normal is up for debate.

I've never typed anything in that box. Does it have any pull at all?
Nothing is 100%. But I've had the FDC acknowledge I had put an upgrade request in, but apologized that none were available. So they do look at the comments if they're on the ball.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 10:18 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Failure at the Hilton Atlanta again tonight. At least they are still giving diamonds full breakfast buffet vouchers^^^

Staying at the W Midtown Atlanta tomorrow and called about getting an upgrade and sounds like I will be getting another great upgrade there again. Pretty sad I have diamond status with Hilton and have trouble getting a suite upgrade here, yet I have no status with SPG and have been getting some great upgrades by just being a Delta diamond with their crossover program.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Doubletree Milton Keynes. Booked and got Junior suite.

Was next to lounge (which is closed at weekends), but staff were listening to loud sport on TV, and the adjoining door was unlocked, so had to wait in room until duty manager could lock it.

Fridge did not work. Internet too slow to use. Was refused a code to high speed internet unless I paid- thought this was complementary?

My biggest gripe was drink vouchers. The executive lounge is closed at weekends, and it clearly says this on the website which is totally fair. However, 1 drink per person (no snacks etc)...............

Wasn't a bad stay, but could be polished a little.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:07 pm
ast

Programs: TK E+;EY S; OW EMD; SPG P; CC C
Hilton Warsaw Hotel and Convention Centre
No upgrade tonight
Booked king room, received king room
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:52 pm

Programs: QF LTS, TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
DoubleTree Sukhumvit Bangkok

I had 3 stays here recently. While the reception is kind in greeting me, the only upgrades were to a Deluxe room, not to a Suite or even to a Superior room. Somewhat disappointing.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 5:12 am

Programs: UA1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Million-Miler
Doubletree Kuala Lumpur

At the Kuala Lumpur Doubletree I booked a queen standard and received an upgrade to a full suite, about 1800 sq. ft. This was a paid stay from the January sale for about
$100/night. This hotel is one of the best bargains, paid or points, in the system.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 6:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
9/27 Hilton BWI on a Federal Rate nothing
9/29 Hilton Buenos Aires award Stay nothing.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by JONEZY00
9/27 Hilton BWI on a Federal Rate nothing
9/29 Hilton Buenos Aires award Stay nothing.
Hi,

this was last year?
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:20 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Birmingham Metropole

No upgrade to be had...hurray for twin beds and an in trouble travel agent

Lounge is nice though...no kids running around as mentioned in the thread about the hotel.

Room very average, sadly
Old Sep 24, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Washington Hilton

No upgrade at all, booked king and received king. My coworker (gold fast track) got a suite on executive floor over me (Diamond nights and base points) and I was told nothing was available. I won't return here.

Last edited by Michael19887; Sep 25, 2013 at 7:35 am
Old Sep 24, 2013, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Michael19887
No upgrade at all, booked king and received king. My coworker (gold fast track) got a suite on executive floor over me (Diamond stays and base points) and I was told nothing was available. I won't return here.
Washington Hilton has always treated me great and gave me suite upgrades in the past before it was a diamond benefit.

Is your coworker staying the SAME nights you are and reserved the same room type? If so, complain to both the GM and the diamond desk.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:20 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Washington Hilton has always treated me great and gave me suite upgrades in the past before it was a diamond benefit.

Is your coworker staying the SAME nights you are and reserved the same room type? If so, complain to both the GM and the diamond desk.
Same stay length (1 night) and reserved same room on same rate as me. He checked in 15 minutes before me and the front desk clerk told me when I brought it up that "he asked and got the last one."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.