Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2013, 2:50 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Hilton Bromsgrove. Consistent upgrades from queen to queen deluxe. Includes water, newspaper, salty and sweet snack jar, drinks voucher, full breakfast.Overall I do like the hotel and the Staff are very good. It is convenient and works well.
Only complaint is no robes in upgraded rooms, and upgrades are 1 cat to same bed type only- so a 2 queens deluxe for example is supposed to be a supplement. I think they only have 2 suites again and these do tend to be sold. Good value and happy with stays.

Last edited by Skimanant; Jun 18, 2013 at 3:18 am
Old Jun 18, 2013, 3:50 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
OT - Hyatt out does Hilton

Just back from one night points stay at Park Hyatt Paris. Booked standard room, paid 130 Euro to upgrade to Deluxe-terrace rooms, was given ambassador suite at 4500 Euro a night, and I am low level Hyatt customer. Hilton could learn from this
Old Jun 22, 2013, 2:27 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond, Virgin-Gold, BA-Silver
London Metropole

Just checked in for what is my 11th stay at this property since January 1st (6th since being Diamond) and yet again no suite upgrade. If this property wasn't so convenient for me I'd switch in a heartbeat.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Elara, HGVH - Center Strip

Booked: King bed studio for 1-night. No room upgrade.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 6:08 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Spain

Hilton Madrid Airport
Booked standard king, received Relaxation king (except first night, sold out)

Hilton Toledo
Booked standard king, received Deluxe king
Hotel offers Spa access as there is no Executive Lounge

Both were great rooms, though not suites.

Neither hotel acknowledged my Diamond status in any way other than upgrade (no welcome letter or similar).
Old Jun 30, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by sbams
Hilton Toledo
Hotel offers Spa access as there is no Executive Lounge
This is an improvement since the visit with my family 2,5 years ago.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
DT Arctic Club - Seattle WA

Booked a King standard, received same. According o emergency escape map on the door, this room is the smallest on the 8th floor...oh well.

$12 breakfast voucher given for use at hotel restaurant (Juno).
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Portland Hilton 7/3-7/4 standard room no upgrade. corporate rate
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Hilton St Georges Park. Firstly, from past experience I really like this hotel.
Was upgraded to a suite prearrival. This has changed to an executive room. Not sure if it is the new rules or not.
However, friends who are golds are staying. If they get a suite I will not be happy....................
Old Jul 5, 2013, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Skimanant
Hilton St Georges Park. Firstly, from past experience I really like this hotel.
Was upgraded to a suite prearrival. This has changed to an executive room. Not sure if it is the new rules or not.
However, friends who are golds are staying. If they get a suite I will not be happy....................
It is weird they preupgraded you then changed it. Maybe they had a person in a suite that was paying for a suite extend or had a last minute person asking for a suite willing to pay rack rate, when that happens I understand, what pisses me off is when they give the upgrade to a gold just because they ask. We shouldn't have to ask for an upgrade with as much money as we spend with Hilton.

I hope it isn't a new rule we only get one level upgrade. If it is and they continue to offer the same upgrades to gold, what's the use in being a diamond? There's the lounge access, but sounds like a lot of DYKWIA golds whine at checkin and get the access anyway and the bonus points aren't worth much anymore so what difference would there be between gold and diamond if this happens?

If the friends you are traveling with get a better upgrade then you complain to the GM and also call the diamond desk and file a complaint. That should never happen.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 6:39 pm

what is the official policy?

haven't gotten a suite this year
Old Jul 6, 2013, 12:24 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hilton Budapest - booked King Standard received King Executive, as in my last 10/15 stays.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 10:49 am

Yep, exec room. Rooms are very nice, hotel is very nice, bathrooms gorgeous, full breakfast, and the hotel gave some drinks vouchers for the room being changed from the suite to an exec. I don't know why it changed, but overall I am happy. Still like the suites of course, and hopeful for the next stay, but you cannot knock the hotel at all.
My friends also received an exec room. All fair.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 3:57 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
No suite at SF financial district. They also give lounge access to all gold's and the lounge was packed this morning and they wouldn't give me certificates for the restaurant. At least the SF Union Square will give diamonds a full breakfast buffet and Starbuck's vouchers
Old Jul 8, 2013, 8:00 am

No suite upgrade as a Diamond at the Hilton Orlando during 4th of July weekend. Not really surprised considering how many people were there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.