Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Ramses Hilton Cairo - Received upgrade to King Exec but no suite.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 3:44 pm

DoubleTree Anaheim/Orange- upgrade to a deluxe corner king from a regular king and
still showing 1BR suites available .
Old Jun 3, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Its been a year and over 40 stays since getting a suite upgrade. I don't even have a minimal expectation anymore.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Hilton Fishermans Wharf San Francisco on a point stay: upgrade to 1br suite.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:13 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Niagra Falls

Paid stay-no upgrade at all. But a gold reported getting the presidential suite as an upgrade a few days ago?????? Why is Hilton giving a presidential suite upgrade to a gold when giving no upgrades to diamonds?????
Old Jun 5, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond / Delta Plat
Hilton Garden Inn - King Edward Jackson Mississippi Dowtnwon

I REALLY do love this property. When it's the least expensive option for my dates I stay here every chance I get. The $14 valet fee can sometimes be overlooked when it prices better than other places.

All that to say, they are GREAT to their diamonds. Tonight I was welcomed as a Diamond and without asking I was told my upgrade request had been granted. (I always put what I would like in the comments section when making a reservation)

I booked a standard King room and was put into a high floor corner suite. It's a massive room with plenty of natural light and a jacuzzi tub.

Couldn't be happier!
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:28 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by mtsublueraider
Hilton Garden Inn - King Edward Jackson Mississippi Dowtnwon

I REALLY do love this property. When it's the least expensive option for my dates I stay here every chance I get. The $14 valet fee can sometimes be overlooked when it prices better than other places.

All that to say, they are GREAT to their diamonds. Tonight I was welcomed as a Diamond and without asking I was told my upgrade request had been granted. (I always put what I would like in the comments section when making a reservation)

I booked a standard King room and was put into a high floor corner suite. It's a massive room with plenty of natural light and a jacuzzi tub.

Couldn't be happier!
Hi mtsublueraider,

Glad that you got this nice suite.

Surprised that you consider this a failure.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 1:17 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by more4less
Hi mtsublueraider,

Was just thinking the same!

Currently in Zurich Airport Hilton. Upgrade from basic to Queen Executive, which is pretty much the norm here. I stay here every couple of weeks and have never had anything better. Currently booked until Friday, but now staying the weekend, so may try booking a higher category to begin with to see if I have any more luck.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 1:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Zurich Airport Hilton. Upgrade from basic to Queen Executive, which is pretty much the norm here.
+1 at this property.

Have stayed 5/6 times and never got a suite.

Also in the past, at check in, they handed a card to choose from a selection, such as fruit plate, ice cream, a couple of mini-bar items,... but I did not get it in my last visit some weeks ago.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Well an interesting one. The website is showing no suites ( was earlier, but they must have gone, and the property only has two anyway). It is showing availability for the room I booked, a queen, availability for queen deluxe, family rooms and family deluxe. The family room is the same category as the queen, but £8 more expensive a night as it is a double double room, but essentially it is also a twin room (US style) as there are no twins with smaller UK single beds.
The prices are reasonable, same as when I booked, so it can't be full.
I was offered an upgrade to a family room (same category but an extra bed) for an extra £10 per night......... so no upgrade..........
I will speak to the duty manager in the morning and report further!

Last edited by Skimanant; Jun 6, 2013 at 3:37 pm
Old Jun 6, 2013, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (LT Gold 1MM+) Hilton Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, AMEX Platinum
I thought it was only me getting very few room upgrades after being a Diamond member. I wonder how many suites and upgrade rooms are really available when the front desk people say that "no upgrades are available." Based upon all of the posts here in which Diamonds are not getting upgrades, I wish we really knew what upgrade rooms are really available at the time of check-in.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 1:19 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
What would be good would be if, say 24 hrs before, there was like a diamond upgrade inventory displayed on hhonors or something like that so you could "upgrade yourself" or at least see what was available.
I know hotels might keep selling rooms right up until you arrive (and will do especially for conferences etc), but that would be a really big perk and step forward for the diamond tier. Hotels could still only list what they want to upgrade to, or it could be a chance for corporate to standardise minimum upgrades etc.
Could even be combined with nor-1 for Diamonds. But, I would hope hotels would still have the option to upgrade further complimentary if rooms are available.
Just a random thought!
Old Jun 7, 2013, 1:35 am

Actually, is that what e-check in is supposed to do in a way? Maybe it could be extended?
Have to be fair, have had some great upgrades and stayed in some fantastic Hilton hotels. Maybe there are other reasons, but I just don't always get it when no upgrades are available and the hotel is obviously "quiet".
Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond / Delta Plat
Originally Posted by more4less
Hi mtsublueraider,

HA HA... oops.... i didn't read the title clearly enough!

CERTAINLY not a failure!

Seems to me that it really is ONLY HGI's that I recieve upgrades in. That and the occasional "upgrade" at Hampton.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 2:41 pm

Most UK Hamptons don't have suites.

Last edited by Skimanant; Jun 7, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.