Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours Diamond
It seems I have been lucky lately

Conrad BKK upgraded to suite in Conrad Residence and allowed to use ex lounge etc as though I was staying in main hotel
Hilton Hua Hin upgraded to VERY BIG suite
Hilton Phuket - Hotel was full (New Year) so no upgrade at all, allowed to use ex lounge and given a free evening meal for two to compensate me for not being upgraded.
Hilton Heathrow T5 - just upgrade to Ex room but was paying a really really cheap rate that I probably drank in ex lounge
Hilton Tel Aviv was upgraded to a nice suite on the executive floor
Hilton Berlin upgraded to suite
all these stays in last six months
Hilton Gatwick upgrade to ex floor - paying a cheap corporate rate
Old Mar 5, 2013, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours Diamond
i think i posted on wrong thread at 4/7 success rate!!!!!!
Old Mar 9, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: AAEXP 2MM, UA 0.9MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I was talking to the lady at the SIN Hilton reservation department and she told me frankly that her hotel never upgrade diamonds to suites, the maximum they offer to a diamond member is an upgrade to an executive room even if all the suites are empty and available for the whole duration of the stay. She sounds like this is a hotel policy

That's quite shocking and got me to think how deceiving is Hilton with the upgrade to suite policy.
I was looking for a thread about this because I'm not sure what upgrades Diamonds are supposed to get anymore. I was doing e-check-in and it offered to sell me a suite upgrade, which I declined, and was not upgraded to any higher room category upon arrival. Is this common now?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: EBD, HH Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond, Nordic Choice Club Platinum, Sixt Diamond, Avis President
Hilton Athens

Had booked a standard room. Only upgraded to Executive level with Acropolis view. No suite.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 1:34 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Given a suite upgrade is not a Diamond entitlement, might not this thread include most of our stays? No failure here, IMO, merely not something we are entitled to - and when we are granted a suite upgrade, it is a pleasant surprise and success. E.g both times within the last couple of weeks I have overnighted at the Hilton Miami International Airport, we have been upgraded to suites. Nice, and I am grateful - but I do not expect it.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 1:41 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hilton Mexico City Reforma - 2 stays within 10 days - booked King Standard and received King Executive and King Standard.
I have never received a suite at this property but often a large corner room.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Exec, ANA, HHonours Diamond
Last few stays...

March 05 Amsterdam Double tree - centraal station - no upgrade of any kind. room booked was the room received (terrace queen room) - no welcome amentities. Mini bar had two beers , coke can, orange drink, crisps refreshed daily. oh but have allowed a late checkout to 3:30 as requested...

Basingstoke - Upgraded to a queen deluxe - booked a normal queen. Two drinks vouchers (only they could only be used for draught lager and house wine) but better than nothing.

Reading - Upgraded from queen to queen deluxe - half bottle of wine in the room.

I think all have suites... most disappointing was Amsterdam - who even acknowledged diamond. To be balanced the hotel does appear to have a high occupency this weekend.

In contrast...

WA Edinburgh at the end of the month has (after email stating a quite room) i was offered a junior suite or a hihh room. This is a one catergory room upgrade - still better than nothing.

overall a disappointing start to the year for a diamond....
Old Mar 10, 2013, 8:08 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
2013 to date. Diamond member normally booking at lowest online rate

Wembley - upgrade to suite
Bracknell - "
Croydon - upgrade to exec
Cobham - no upgrade at all
Cobham - upgrade to exec
Watford - no upgrade at all
Croydon - upgrade to suite
Old Mar 10, 2013, 4:20 pm

Programs: AC*SE & 2MM/Bonvoy Gold/HHonors Diamond
Hilton Toronto, upgraded to executive room
Old Mar 10, 2013, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by JDiver
Given a suite upgrade is not a Diamond entitlement, might not this thread include most of our stays? No failure here, IMO, merely not something we are entitled to - and when we are granted a suite upgrade, it is a pleasant surprise and success. E.g both times within the last couple of weeks I have overnighted at the Hilton Miami International Airport, we have been upgraded to suites. Nice, and I am grateful - but I do not expect it.
IMO this thread is not trying to be pedantic about what is or is not entitled. That is not the point. The thread serves to inform FT'ers about what others have received (not entitled!) in order to make informed choices.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by sbams
IMO this thread is not trying to be pedantic about what is or is not entitled. That is not the point. The thread serves to inform FT'ers about what others have received (not entitled!) in order to make informed choices.
What's the logic behind listing every property and time where you didn't get a suite, given that availability will vary with occupancy and there is no HHonors suite entitlement?

JDiver's reasoning is impeccable.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 4:46 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sbams
Agree with your reasoning but also agree with 3Cforme's logic. It *may* be helpful for other FTers to know where UG's were not received but I wonder about the value of this information given it is spread over 600 posts and of course, may vary with any given property on any given date.

For that matter, the same applies to the UG success thread. Anecdotal data points may offer some guidance but how many will search these entire threads to find their same property, even though their circumstances might be different?

Just wondering if there might be a better way to inform FTers.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 5:04 pm

Unhappy Waldorf Hilton London

No upgrade at all. No King, no executive, no suite.

Diamond on a prepaid stay for 3 days.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 5:06 pm

Would it be worth adding the booking details to this - like whether it was discounted, prepaid, etc
Old Mar 11, 2013, 5:19 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Are you Diamond? Gold?

No upgrade at all (not even deluxe) I would be tempted to see if the front office manager could help?

If they are sold/ full, then that is it. But I would be surprised if a 1 cat upgrade was not available for an elite at least?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.