Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by hbush
Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona, 10.-14. aug. Booked KING HILTON GUESTROOM for points. Got same room on executive floor, City view (means no Sea view). Politely asked about suite upgrade, was politely denied. Overall quite a nice stay despite some glitches, however just for statistics - no suite upgrade. My upgrade rate this year now is 23:1 and falling.
That hotel is always very busy with Diamond and even gold guests, I believe they had over 10 diamonds in the hotel the past few nights, so they can not give them all a suite. . .
Old Sep 2, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hilton Warsaw - booked Standard King and got a Executive King. If I am not wrong is exactly same room type wity slightly bigger toiletries.

In any case it is a nice property with good offerings at the EL.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by MrHilton
That hotel is always very busy with Diamond and even gold guests, I believe they had over 10 diamonds in the hotel the past few nights, so they can not give them all a suite. . .
I do not argue with that. However let's remember that this Diamond upgrade to suites was presented by Hilton as kind of real benefit, while in my humble opinion this is highly improbable, quite imaginary happening. Yes, suite upgrades sometimes happen to some people, even to me My personal statistics this year is by now 26 stays, 2 upgrades. Diamond upgrades to suite used to happen sometimes in previous years as well, maybe even more often than now.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by batdude
newark/fremont california hilton

ROCK.

d
X2
Old Sep 2, 2012, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Abidjan
July 11-15 stay at HL Seattle, Diamond benefits granted, but no suite. There is no Exec Level, but there is a lounge (very dated, but great view) that also serves as the main restaurant.
X2 many times
Old Sep 2, 2012, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by hbush
I do not argue with that. However let's remember that this Diamond upgrade to suites was presented by Hilton as kind of real benefit, while in my humble opinion this is highly improbable, quite imaginary happening. Yes, suite upgrades sometimes happen to some people, even to me My personal statistics this year is by now 26 stays, 2 upgrades. Diamond upgrades to suite used to happen sometimes in previous years as well, maybe even more often than now.
Indeed. My record is 2 from 28, and that presupposes you count a junior suite. Admittedly, the one other upgrade was an absolutely gigantic five-level one.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
The legendary Hilton Park Lane in London Aug 17-28: reserved a standard King and got upgraded to an executive king.

When arguing with the receptionist (a guy named Amjad) about the availabilty of their junior suites(the lowest suite category in that hotel) online for the whole duration of my stay, he answered me we can give you an upgrade to a junior suite but you have to pay GBP 500.00 per night
Old Sep 2, 2012, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
That could be because of your stay length and the Paralympics, particularly towards the end.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Doubletree, Del mar, Ca (North San Diego county)
4 stays this summer and zero upgrades. I still favor the hotel for my stays because I can get away with a Cigar in the outdoor area (which is almost impossible in California), and because I usually get a whole tin of cookies, but no upgrades have happened.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
My worst experiences were with the Seattle Hilton. Never got s*** from them. The worst was one night, after being told there were no suites available, we received a frantic call from the front desk saying that our shower was overflowing into the room one floor below.

They gave us a key to the suite down the hallway so we could shower there....but would not let us move there, even thought it was just one night. And, the room was unoccupied the next morning (I checked).

I have never returned.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by dlaue
My worst experiences were with the Seattle Hilton. Never got s*** from them. The worst was one night, after being told there were no suites available, we received a frantic call from the front desk saying that our shower was overflowing into the room one floor below.

They gave us a key to the suite down the hallway so we could shower there....but would not let us move there, even thought it was just one night. And, the room was unoccupied the next morning (I checked).

I have never returned.
that was tacky I would have asked for the GM at that point
Old Sep 3, 2012, 3:05 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
The legendary Hilton Park Lane in London Aug 17-28: reserved a standard King and got upgraded to an executive king.

When arguing with the receptionist (a guy named Amjad) about the availabilty of their junior suites(the lowest suite category in that hotel) online for the whole duration of my stay, he answered me we can give you an upgrade to a junior suite but you have to pay GBP 500.00 per night

Are you serious? I had the exact same experience with the exact same receptionist. He also tried to sell me the mayfair suite when I inquired about suite upgrades. But only for 150GBP. I denied and told him to cancel my last night refundable reservation and I moved to the Waldorf Hilton ,they offered a suite without even having to ask.

I contacted their guest relations and they "promised" to inform him that this is not the way to handle Diamond guests in case of suite availability.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
8/31 Hilton Milwaukee City Center no upgrade (older hotel not sure how many suites they have)
Old Sep 3, 2012, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by JONEZY00
8/31 Hilton Milwaukee City Center no upgrade (older hotel not sure how many suites they have)
LOL thats pretty bad in Milwaukee ! and I have been there!
Old Sep 3, 2012, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by MrHilton
Are you serious? I had the exact same experience with the exact same receptionist. He also tried to sell me the mayfair suite when I inquired about suite upgrades. But only for 150GBP. I denied and told him to cancel my last night refundable reservation and I moved to the Waldorf Hilton ,they offered a suite without even having to ask.

I contacted their guest relations and they "promised" to inform him that this is not the way to handle Diamond guests in case of suite availability.
You know I have been having issues this past year as well with Hilton and to be honest this will most certainly my last year as a Diamond as I have gone back to Marriott and Hyatt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.