Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:13 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Hilton Cologne
Booked Standard Room, upgraded to Deluxe (not to Junior Suite which is not uncommon)
But NOR1 upgrade to suite available
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Hilton SF Union Square, old AXON point stay: upgraded to "Junior Suite" (large room on top floor of wing 3).
Old Dec 14, 2013, 5:25 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Hilton Munich City

Booked King Room, upgraded to King Executive Plus ahead of check-in. At check-in Executive "Plus" was no longer available, eventually received King Executive.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Waldorf Hilton London

Got same room type I booked, didnt even get upgraded to exec level The front desk comped a room service meal since they couldnt upgrade me at least
Old Dec 16, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Hilton SF Financial District (Chinatown): standard room, not even on an executive floor.
After spending time recently in Shanghai and Singapore HH properties, what a huge disappointment. Bathroom sink was clogged when we first got into the room, shower curtain bar is about to fall off. This is about the tenth time I've stayed here in the past 3 years and I think it is my last.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 7:23 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Hilton JFK, no upgrade. Guy in front of me was having a hissy fit about something at check in and was upgraded to a suite.

Very poor that all F&B service cut off at 111.50, considering the number of people arriving from flight disruption.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Checker into Hilton East Brunswick, NJ as a Diamond and didn't receive any upgrade whatsoever. I was given EL access though even though we are on a normal floor.

Have another stay at this property in a week, so I'll bring it up with the FD on checkout. I was too tired to argue tonight.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Hilton SF Union Square again. This time, no suite, high floor with a view. Unrenovated room, I think (not that I care). Thermostat is off by about 10 degrees.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:57 am

Abu Dhabi Cornice

I'm Diamond, booked a standard room with $, received the ugliest room ever (old, dark and narrow). Asked for upgrade, even with $. I was told it was full, they would contact me next day. I've been there for other 5 days and no one ever got in touch.
At least they gave me Exc. lounge, nice!
The beach club is great but I will no longer go there, the hotel is too old.
Renovation desperately needed.
Dubai Jumeira, even if an old property too, is 100 times better.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by Dora&Diego
I'm Diamond, booked a standard room with $, received the ugliest room ever (old, dark and narrow). Asked for upgrade, even with $. I was told it was full, they would contact me next day. I've been there for other 5 days and no one ever got in touch.
At least they gave me Exc. lounge, nice!
The beach club is great but I will no longer go there, the hotel is too old.
Renovation desperately needed.
Dubai Jumeira, even if an old property too, is 100 times better.
You are entitled to Executive Lounge. Full stop.
Thanks for the info, was considering a stay but will look at more options.
SB
Old Dec 21, 2013, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by sbams
You are entitled to Executive Lounge. Full stop.
Thanks for the info, was considering a stay but will look at more options.
SB
Dubai Jumeira always gave us upgrade, to beautiful suites too. Access to Exec Lounge even if you don't get an executive room.
Same as in Ras al Khaimah Resort and Spa: they are very nice and always upgrade if suites are available. There is no Exec. Lounge but the beach and the resort is great.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 8:24 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Dubai Jumeira always gave us upgrade, to beautiful suites too. Access to Exec Lounge even if you don't get an executive room.
Same as in Ras al Khaimah Resort and Spa: they are very nice and always upgrade if suites are available. There is no Exec. Lounge but the beach and the resort is great.
This is a Diamond benefit. No hotel can ever deny you this if you have Diamond Status.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by sbams
This is a Diamond benefit. No hotel can ever deny you this if you have Diamond Status.
....I heard that Dubai Creek gives Exec Lounge only if you get an Executive room, even if Diamond, because lounge is small....but never been
Old Dec 21, 2013, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
....I heard that Dubai Creek gives Exec Lounge only if you get an Executive room, even if Diamond, because lounge is small....but never been
Same excuse use to be used at the Drake in Chicago (not sure if that is still the policy). I complained to the diamond desk and they got the Drake to comp me two full breakfast buffets and give me drink and appetizer vouchers for the bar so it worked out good, I would rather have a hot buffet breakfast and drinks and appetizers than access to a US lounge.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I would rather have a hot buffet breakfast and drinks and appetizers than access to a US lounge.
indeed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.