Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Munich City {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2006, 2:35 pm

Programs: EY Gold Elite; EK Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold
I have been welcomed to the lounge and checked out of the hotel by the very same guy, on different visits.

I had never seen a hotel General Manager before then!

Working the shop floor and leading from the front is a real novelty nowadays.

Good job Munich City.

RR
Old Sep 5, 2006, 6:56 am

Programs: UA 2MM + 1k, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
A truly fantastic hotel

I'm just finishing up a three-week stay here, and as other posters have noted, the hotel is ideally situated. All of the westward S-bahn lines go to Marienplatz and the main Bahnhof. From here, you can explore the city or connect to the U-bahn. The trip itself is around five or six minutes, and typically, there's a train every few minutes. It's hard to imagine a more ideal location.

Staff
As far as the hotel itself, they have some of the best staff I've encountered. I can only think of one person whose attitude was a little cool. Everyone else, from the house keeping staff to the front desk to the bartenders, have been super friendly and accommodating.

Room
I'm HH Gold, and was upgraded to a spacious and comfortable deluxe room. I worked a lot in the room, and the WiFi was reliable (although it was a bit limited in band-width) and the desk and chair were quite comfortable.

Meals and Bar
The breakfast in the morning had just about everything one could want: lots of fruit, cereal and bread, a sizeable selection of meat and cheese, and someone to cook omlettes. The two dinners I had at the hotel restaurant were solid, but not memorable. The Sunday Brunch was quite nice and feature some very nice seadfood.

The bar is above average for a hotel bar. I was slightly disappointed with the on-tap beer selection, but the bartenders were friendly and seemed pretty adept at making drinks.

Gym
The gym is located on the same floor as the Executive Lounge. It features four Precor cardio machines: a bike, an elliptical, a cross-trainer and a treadmill. It also has four weight machines: leg exension, leg curl, shoulder press and seated bench press. I worked out daily in the evenings, and most days there was at most one another person in it. If you're interested in free weights, you can check-out some adjustable barbells from the Executive lounge.

Overall Impressions
I've stayed at more luxurious hotels, but I can't recall a more overall enjoyable hotel experience. I highly recommend this particular Hilton.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 3:09 am

Programs: AF platinium, LH Senator, SNBA Platinium, HH Diamond, MR Silver, Gulf Air
Hilton Munich City

I have a booking I will not use in the Hilton Munich City for the nights of Dec. 18 to 20.

The rate I have is 120 EUR per night.

As I booked with my HHonors Diamond ref nr, it also includes breakfast.

Anybody interested to get it ?

[email protected]
Old May 5, 2007, 7:23 pm

Munich City 2007 questions

Just about to book Munich city.
read a lot of old reviews on lounge access for Diamonds. have things changed?
I know the no access if not on EF rules can apply
any new info appreciated.
Old May 5, 2007, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
Just about to book Munich city.
read a lot of old reviews on lounge access for Diamonds. have things changed?
I know the no access if not on EF rules can apply
any new info appreciated.
Don't know what you read and what you are aiming at, so it is difficult to give you a helping hand. In general: Since late 2006 no dramatic changes. They have the ambition to treat DIA well what not always work, either if the hotel is fully booked or full of DIA...
Old Nov 26, 2008, 10:37 am

Free Wifi at Munich City Hotel Exec lounge?

I can't remember. Does Munich City hotel Exec lounge have free wifi?

Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2008, 11:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Simple answer: nope

They have a computer terminal for free surfing and printing. This property has signed a contract with Swisscom for Wifi and Broadband internet, so they can't offer freebies.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Simple answer: nope

They have a computer terminal for free surfing and printing. This property has signed a contract with Swisscom for Wifi and Broadband internet, so they can't offer freebies.
Thank you. At least I can check my email and print out my boarding pass.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
They have a *single* computer in the lounge and sometimes you have to wait a bit to use it. Also, I found no stray open WiFi signals anywhere near the hotel.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 11:15 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Can anyone recommend a good, moderately-priced restaurant near the hotel or near Marienplatz (that's not touristy) that would be open on Sunday? We have an overnight here returning from ATH and I'd like to eat somewhere outside the hotel.

We've stayed here before and had some great meals in Munich at Boettner’s, Schuhbecks, and Restaurant Königshof, but those cost a bundle and we're trying to economize on this trip. I'd be happy eating at Augustinerbrau, but CHGal wants something a little less heavy.

Any recommendations?
Old Mar 5, 2009, 11:36 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
How many per room?

Can someone clarify if 4 people (two parents, two teens) can stay in one room at this hotel? Or at any other Hilton properties in Munich?

Many thanks,
TBH
Old Mar 5, 2009, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by The Bargain Hunter
Can someone clarify if 4 people (two parents, two teens) can stay in one room at this hotel? Or at any other Hilton properties in Munich?

Many thanks,
TBH
In a room certainly not.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 9:00 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat.
I am HH gold and have a 3 night points stay coming up in August. Has anyone here recently been on a points stay/HH gold and received access to the Executive lounge.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
It's been a little bit, but I didn't get the lounge. Instead I got breakfast in the restaurant + a free drink in the bar (for 2).
Old Jul 9, 2009, 9:22 pm

I () diamond and a friend (gold) both had access last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.