Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Munich City {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Would it make a difference if €45 daily would be for 2 people? I think breakfast in the restaurant will cost about €52 for 2/
It seems you have a problem making decisions. Like I said, it's your choice, and of course it makes a difference if it is for one or two people. Sounds like a pretty simple calculation to me. Why do you want others to decide for you?
Old May 12, 2013, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by sbams
It seems you have a problem making decisions. Like I said, it's your choice, and of course it makes a difference if it is for one or two people. Sounds like a pretty simple calculation to me. Why do you want others to decide for you?
I do not want others to decide for me. I do want to hear suggestions and recommendations from others that stayed at this property to assist me to make my decision and I very much appreciate above posts and thankful to FT posters, including you. I usually do not like NOR1 upgrades, but knowing that in Europe breakfast and drinks can cost quiet a bit decided to consult here before I confirm my NOR1 upgrade for 45 Euro per night.

Last edited by TAHKUCT; May 12, 2013 at 9:12 am
Old May 12, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Would it make a difference if €45 daily would be for 2 people? I think breakfast in the restaurant will cost about €52 for 2/
That'd certainly improve the value-for-money. The breakfast is good, although as I say I've always had it for free and €26pp is still quite a lot in my view, although appreciate not by hotel pricing standards!
Old May 12, 2013, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why don't you apply for the hilton CC and pick up Hhonors Gold for $90 usd. Then it will make breakfast free...
Old May 13, 2013, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by fumitani
Why don't you apply for the hilton CC and pick up Hhonors Gold for $90 usd. Then it will make breakfast free...
That is a great suggestion for just $95 per year I can have HHonors Gold with free continental breakfast and free internet!!!
Old Oct 5, 2013, 1:18 am

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Gold, HH D
Hilton Munich city centre - tacky move

Stayed at the Hilton Munich city centre for a few days on points last week. Got my checkout bill, and was charged for a "donation" to the Hilton foundation. Never asked, it was just there.

Hint for Hilton: donations are asked for, not charged without permission. I had to get a mini bar charged fixed anyway so I had them both removed, and made it very clear that it was because I was charged without being asked.

Tacky move, Hilton.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Hmm something else to keep an eye out for...

How much was it?
Old Oct 6, 2013, 6:26 am

Starwood has been doing this for years. I always ask them to remove it, not because I don't want to donate but indeed because I resent the way this is done without asking.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Some UK, European, and other mostly international Hiltons have been doing this for years. It is very similar to what Starwood does. The front desk people seem quite familiar with the process for removing it from the bill.
See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...donations.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...+donation+bill
Years ago some UK hiltons would have some limited time extremely low rates with £10 going to the foundation.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 11:25 am

Is the lounge open on weekends? I have a stay coming up in Dec starting on a Saturday.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by svasandani
Is the lounge open on weekends? I have a stay coming up in Dec starting on a Saturday.
Yes.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by fumitani
I would like to thank you once again for your suggestion. Have received Citi Hilton Reserve card and got Gold status instantly. Enjoyed complimentary lounge access at this property and additionally was granted a full breakfast buffet in the restaurant. Well spent $90.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: DL-PM, 1MM; HH-Gold; Avis First
Just enjoyed a few nights here using points (as a Diamond) on vacation. Great location--connected to the subway--and an easy walk to downtown.

Exec Lounge had nice breakfast--as did restaurant. And good service in exec lounge as well for "happy hour."
Old Apr 28, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by FrontRow
Just enjoyed a few nights here using points (as a Diamond) on vacation. Great location--connected to the subway--and an easy walk to downtown.

Exec Lounge had nice breakfast--as did restaurant. And good service in exec lounge as well for "happy hour."
Glad to hear. Do you recall EL hours, particularly on the weekend? TIA
Old May 6, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
Just had a very poor stay in this hotel - should have trusted the poor reviews I had read online. As a Gold, I didn't receive any benefit at all (no breakfast, no upgrade, no water, no bonus points, no late check out available), and the room wasn't ready at the stated check in time (14.00). Instead they instructed me to buy lunch at the hotel restaurant while I wait until 15.30.

When I eventually got to the (non-smoking) room, it stank of smoke.

Definitely my worst Hilton experience since moving over from IHG, although I have to say, every other stay has been excellent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.