Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Munich City {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by svasandani
I will be staying there with the family in March. What kind of breakfast do they serve - lounge only continental breakfast or full hot breakfast?

Also, I noticed that car parking is 22Euro per night. Any cheaper options? I realize most people don't drive and take public transportation but since I am renting a car in Zurich and driving I don't have much of a choice.

Looks like a suite upgrade is possible. Will it sleep 2 adults and 2 kids comfortably.
In the lounge there was some hot stuff (eggs, sausage), smoked salmon, bread and lots of cold options. I don't think that I really had time, but will keep the full breakfast in mind next time.

The suite had 2 single beds (which seemed strange to me) but maybe the couch folded out. I don't know.

Dr. PITUK
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
[deleted]

Last edited by cotr; Feb 7, 2012 at 9:23 am
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
I haven't stayed at the Park, but I found the City to be conveniently located for a short citybreak and the restaurant breakfast was one of the best I've had from Hilton. Exec Lounge snacks not too bad. Room was fine although not massive (not sure if they have suites now that might be a potential upgrade as a Diamond).
Old May 7, 2012, 12:57 pm

Just spent some time in the Munich City hotel with points. It was absolutely amazing. We spent two stays there and each time we were placed on the fifth floor with park view. Had to access to, IMO, one of the best Hilton lounges with a huge bfast (meats, cheeses, pastries, coffee, and everything else) and a great dinner service with good booze!

Overall, LOVED this place.

P.S. stayed at the HGI in Stuttgart too (between Porsche Arena and Mercedes Stadium) and that was pretty amazing too.

P.P.S. Hilton: Get lifetime bennies!
Old May 7, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM, DL GM, HH Diamond, PC Gold
Originally Posted by camelontherun
Just spent some time in the Munich City hotel with points. It was absolutely amazing. We spent two stays there and each time we were placed on the fifth floor with park view.
This also sounds like the Munich Park Hilton right next to the park, I guess if you are on the correct side of the Hotel at City you can see the Park in the distance, there is an inner atrium view but nothing park like.
Old May 7, 2012, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by PIJD
This also sounds like the Munich Park Hilton right next to the park, I guess if you are on the correct side of the Hotel at City you can see the Park in the distance, there is an inner atrium view but nothing park like.
I meant the area behind the hotel looked like a smallish park with fountain. Its viewable on Google Earth.

Whatever it is, it was a nice view.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
The hotel website lists valet parking as: Valet: 22.00 € (upon request)

Any idea on what the 'upon request' specifically means?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Stayed either side of Christmas, upgraded to junior suite both stays. King bed and a couch which could be folded out if you needed it.
One stay street view- which I probably preferred and pretty in the snow- second stay internal courtyard.
Lounge on top floor good, good service, good food choice (including soup) and some nice Sekt.
Would definately go back.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Minneapolis

upon request means that you use it.... otherwise not required. ie valet is 22.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Minneapolis

I stayed there last year. Parking is 22E/night regardless if valet or park yourself. When I arrived on the first day the attendant at the front door asked if I wanted valet. I said yes and from then on anytime I wanted my car I called the concierge before coming downstairs. If I came back and nobody was outside I'd drop my keys at the concierge. I don't think a lot of people use it, they left my car right out front a few times and I didn't have that fancy of a rental car.

I usually tipped a euro or two for the extra service. Worth it, IMO.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Originally Posted by FireIre
I stayed there last year. Parking is 22E/night regardless if valet or park yourself. When I arrived on the first day the attendant at the front door asked if I wanted valet. I said yes and from then on anytime I wanted my car I called the concierge before coming downstairs. If I came back and nobody was outside I'd drop my keys at the concierge. I don't think a lot of people use it, they left my car right out front a few times and I didn't have that fancy of a rental car.

I usually tipped a euro or two for the extra service. Worth it, IMO.
This is exactly the info that I was looking for. Thank you so much!
Old May 10, 2013, 7:48 pm

Considering staying on points at this property for 2 nights and being offered NOR1 for 45 Euro per night for this:

King Hilton Executive Room , 25 mē/269 sq.ft.
Exclusive Executive Lounge access offering complimentary continental breakfast and refreshments
Quiet room featuring work desk with ergonomic chair and armchair with ottoman
VIP treatment and upgraded bathroom amenities
One complimentary bottle of mineral water daily

Is it worth paying for this upgrade? I only have Hhonors Silver status.
Old May 11, 2013, 2:10 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Considering staying on points at this property for 2 nights and being offered NOR1 for 45 Euro per night for this:

King Hilton Executive Room , 25 mē/269 sq.ft.
Exclusive Executive Lounge access offering complimentary continental breakfast and refreshments
Quiet room featuring work desk with ergonomic chair and armchair with ottoman
VIP treatment and upgraded bathroom amenities
One complimentary bottle of mineral water daily

Is it worth paying for this upgrade? I only have Hhonors Silver status.
You are the only one who can answer the question whether €45 is good value for lounge acces. Your room will basically be the same whichever you choose. The lounge is nice, but if you prefer to spend your €45 on breakfast and evening cocktails somewhere else that is up to you of course.
Old May 11, 2013, 3:56 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sbams
You are the only one who can answer the question whether €45 is good value for lounge acces. Your room will basically be the same whichever you choose. The lounge is nice, but if you prefer to spend your €45 on breakfast and evening cocktails somewhere else that is up to you of course.
100% agree with that. I've stayed there a couple of times and the lounge is nice but whether you'll be able to get €45 of value out of it depends a bit on how much you'll eat/drink The restaurant breakfast is excellent, I'm not sure how much it costs (I had it free as a Diamond) but if it's not too much then might be better spending money on it and drinks as sbams suggests.
Old May 12, 2013, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by sbams
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
100% agree with that. I've stayed there a couple of times and the lounge is nice but whether you'll be able to get €45 of value out of it depends a bit on how much you'll eat/drink The restaurant breakfast is excellent, I'm not sure how much it costs (I had it free as a Diamond) but if it's not too much then might be better spending money on it and drinks as sbams suggests.
Would it make a difference if €45 daily would be for 2 people? I think breakfast in the restaurant will cost about €52 for 2/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.