FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Munich City {DEU} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/126103-hilton-munich-city-deu.html)

1K-SFO Dec 8, 2000 1:38 pm

Hilton Munich City {DEU}

I'm a Gold VIP member and wondering about the Munich City Hilton. Is there an executive/towers/concierge level? Have other VIPs been offered breakfast privileges of any kind there? Is it, in general, a nice place?

Any shared experiences would surely be welcomed!

1K-SFO Dec 8, 2000 2:39 pm

Thanks. I also found a few other replies on this same subject before posting.

I guess the heart of my question is the availability/access to an executive floor or concierge-level lounge, etc., and breakfast benefts for Gold VIPs. Thanks.

THE BANDIT Dec 8, 2000 6:32 pm

1K SFO,

the Munich City property does not have an executive floor and there is not much to the hotel other than being above the S-bahn stop. i much prefer the Munich Park property as the executive floor and lounge has been renovated within the last year and the staff is excellent. In addition, they have a cigar bar and gave me a comp coupon for a drink when I checked in on the exec floor. i would definitely recommend this one!

Counsellor Dec 11, 2000 8:24 pm

As would I. Munich Park is great!

1K-SFO Dec 31, 2000 12:28 pm

Just wanted to make a quick trip report, with thanks to all of you who wrote in with information.

My family stayed at the Munich City Hilton, which I'm pleased to report is VERY NICE. It doesn't stand out in my mind as particularly special--the way the Hilton Amsterdam, with its rooftop Executive Floor, is--but there's absolutely nothing objectionable about it. Indeed, the front desk was extremely helpful, the rooms have great work spaces and Internet connections, and the staff was extremely proficient in helping me get my dial-in strings right and the plugs set to allow me to dial in. The buffet breakfast--free to VIPs--is great.

And, cannot stress enough how awesome it is being above an S-Bahn stop (Rosenheimer Platz)-- easy airport transfers and getting about each day.

Never did see the Munich Park Hilton, so no means to compare.

Also, take note: my parents had room 2020, a HUGE suite (three times the size of my king room)-- worth requesting!!!

Kurt Dec 31, 2000 1:17 pm

I would recommend the Munich City Hilton. We stayed there in mid-November and we liked these things:

1. Free upgrade to a Junior Suite. It was quite large with a nice living area, bar, two big closets, robes and a spiffy bathroom with those cool soap tubes they use at German Hiltons. Hors d’oeuvres arrived at the door about 5 p.m. and bottled water was also complimentary.

2. Free breakfast. We were there on a Saturday night and enjoyed an amazing Sunday Brunch spread with sparkling wine, omelette bar, beer and those tasty Weiswurst and pretzels. Who needs an Exucutive Lounge when you've got a real brunch to chow on?

3. Location over the S-Bahn. This means a non-stop ride from/to the airport. Very nice.

I've heard good things about the Park Hilton in Munich but have absolutely no complaints about the City Hilton.

BTW, the rate was excellent, only about $90 USD. Definitely a keeper.

ernie8575 Oct 27, 2001 3:16 pm

Hilton Munich City

I searched here and not one word about the Hilton Munich City. We are staying there the end of November. Is there a reason it has not been mentioned here. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

FoxPro Oct 27, 2001 5:50 pm

I stay there quite often.

The best thing about this hotel is its location with a direct entry to the main S-Bahn routes. Direct line to the airport. Close to downtown (five minutes via S-Bahn or 15 Minutes walk).

The rooms are ok. As a Hilton Gold you usually get a junior suite. Gives you a bit more room.

The hotel is next to the Gasteig. A lot of very good (classical) concerts in there.
Plenty of good restaurants and pubs around.

JJeffrey Oct 27, 2001 6:13 pm

ernie,

Munich City is a nice hotel: friendly staff, the rooms are in good shape, and it has a good location. The only drawback is that there's no executive lounge.

I've stayed there twice since May. The first time I was upgraded to the business floor with a nice corner room. The second time was during Oktoberfest of this year so the hotel was sold out, hence no upgrade. Didn't matter because I had a suite booked anyway.

Dampflok Oct 29, 2001 1:51 pm

If you do not need the subway, try to rebook to the Park Hilton in Munich. The location is nicer (just at the border of the large "English garden") and the rooms are better and recently refurbished.

Patrick Oct 30, 2001 7:51 am

My wife and I stayed there laste year for New Year's. Very nice hotel thatough as others have said, not as nice as the Hilton Munich Park. Service was excellent. Rooms were nicer than any Hilton I have stayed in in the states.

Best part though is the subway station below the hotel. S8 train takes you from the airport directly to the hotel (25-35 minutes I think). Also, within a few train stops of all the sights in the city. Quick walk to museums, theater, concerts, etc.

ernie8575 Dec 25, 2001 8:09 pm

Hilton Munich City Trip Reports and Reviews

My wife and I just stayed at the Hotel Munich City. We checked in a second time returning from a trip where my wife's purse was stolen on the train. The staff at the hotel assisted us in obtaining airline tickets and cancelling credit cards. Once checked in, there was complimentary water and truffles in the room and the breakfast was also complimentary. Also received an invitation from the manager to join him for a drink in the lounge. This Hilton was top notch and we highy recommend it. They also have an HHonors check in. The elevator to the S-bahn in the winter is a tremendous plus too. Thank you Hilton and the Hilton Munich City. I sent a letter to the Hotel expressing my appreciation and am posting this here to let you know what a great place this hotel is.

underpressure Apr 21, 2002 4:12 am

Just finished a week there. OK hotel, nothing special, no special recognition of Gold Status.
Standard room on executive level,(That I paid for)No Upgrade, NO ISDN!
Next time, I'll try the other Hilton in Munich.

LemonThrower Apr 21, 2002 12:13 pm

I have a German collegue who always stays at the Hotel Opera on St. Anna Strasse. Not affiliated with any chains. About US $140 per night. Close to the Marienplatz and Maximillianstrasse. Not to be confused with the Hotel Oper.

Brian Oct 22, 2002 10:16 am

Any info on Munich City Hilton

Staying there next month... probably. Anyone have any good information on this property,a nd it's proximity to the major sights of Munich?

Yes... I see the earlier reviews by a search. Just looking for any new info. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Brian (edited 10-22-2002).]