Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Munich City {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2023, 11:23 am

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
I am also booked this summer on a family trip as Hilton Diamond.

Was tempted with the Holiday Inn across the street was a low redemption on IHG points but passed on it.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 7:37 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Had a good two night stay in mid-March (Thursday, Friday). As Diamond, my upgrade was to the same King Deluxe room on the Executive Lounge floor. EL is so-so...during happy hour 5pm - 7pm there are two less-than-stellar beers in bottles, a few wines, soft drinks and table-served canapes which are decent. We had breakfast in the restaurant which included weisswurst on Saturday morning (but not Friday). Omelet station; OJ was not fresh squeezed. Convenience to S-BAHN and Sixt is great.
Front desk staff was very accommodating when we had to change our stay from 3 nights to 2 nights due to transportation strikes in Germany.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 7:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
I was also disappointed by much of breakfast here. And based on feedback had from colleagues didn't even attempt to make it back on time for the early 1900 happy hours end.
Room was fine though
Old Apr 18, 2023, 11:20 am

Programs: DL reject, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Jelly of the Month, formerly NWA Plat (RIP)
I just returned home after a week in Germany including a 3 night stay here. I chose it over the Hilton Park for easier access to transit. Was pre-upgraded to an executive floor room (same room as booked, but on the 5th floor where the lounge is). Arrived around 11 am. Executive floor room was not ready, but was able to check in and get a room on the 4th floor. Same room type, so no big deal as I still get lounge access as a Diamond. Room was clean and quiet, no issues at all. Walk in shower, no tub. As other have said, the lounge is nothing special. If you are there in time to get a free beer or glass of wine, then stop in. But I did not make any effort to get back to the hotel to take advantage of the happy hour "benefit". Breakfast options were not as extensive as some other locations, but it was sufficient for me. Scrambled eggs and some cold cuts with cheese. I did not have a car, but the neighboring Rosenheimerplatz station is very convenient. Downside for dinner options is that there are limited choices in walking distance. I did enjoy the Irish pub (Molly Malone's) just around the block, maybe 5-10 minute walk depending on your pace. After a week of schnitzel and various sausages and wursts, it was a nice change of pace.
bkramt1 and pretzlaff like this.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 5:35 am

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, Delta Base, AA Base
Originally Posted by LostInAmerica
I did enjoy the Irish pub (Molly Malone's) just around the block, maybe 5-10 minute walk depending on your pace. After a week of schnitzel and various sausages and wursts, it was a nice change of pace.
I haven't been back for several years, but I love MM's! Time two start plotting my next visit!
Old Apr 20, 2023, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by LostInAmerica
Downside for dinner options is that there are limited choices in walking distance. I did enjoy the Irish pub (Molly Malone's) just around the block, maybe 5-10 minute walk depending on your pace. After a week of schnitzel and various sausages and wursts, it was a nice change of pace.
I stay this hotel every 6-8 weeks and have to say, if you found there was a limited dining options within walking distance then, honestly, you weren't trying. There are tons of good restaurants within walking distance.
Crampedin13A, Xyzzy and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 9:01 am

Programs: DL reject, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Jelly of the Month, formerly NWA Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Tim Fountain
I stay this hotel every 6-8 weeks and have to say, if you found there was a limited dining options within walking distance then, honestly, you weren't trying. There are tons of good restaurants within walking distance.
I used google maps and asked. Those that were close were Vietnamese, Japanese. Thai, Italian, etc. I don't need to go to Germany to find this and was hoping for something more in line with local fare. Can you provide some recommendations? It may influence my decision on stating here or elsewhere on my next visit to Munich.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 12:14 pm

Just a few options around the hotel (on both sides of the river) - as always, tastes differ, do you research by looking at menus, reviews, etc. - but there are dozens more as well

Gaststätte Zum Brünnstein - Elsässer Straße 36, 81667 München
Wirtshaus in der Au - Lilienstraße 51, 81669 München
Falke23 Wirtshaus - Falkenstraße 23, 81541 München
Klinglwirt - Balanstraße 16, 81669 München
Museumsstüberl - Sterneckerstraße 2, 80331 München
Schoberwirt - Ohlmüllerstraße 20, 81541 München
Xyzzy and mustafina like this.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 12:12 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Munich Hilton City

Just spent 3 nights there as a Diamond on a cash rate.

this was our 3rd or 4th stay. The S bahn below it makes it very easy. Don’t forget the elevator that takes you right up to the hotel. After coming up on the escalator, it is down a short hall to the right. Very quick connections to either the airport or main train station.

The room is nice and fairly large. The “upgrade” was to an executive room. Neither of the two chairs is comfortable. Also, it is quite hot in Munich and the air conditioning did not seem to be turned on. It was hot and humid and not easy to sleep.

The lounge is poor. Good beer and wine but no spirits. Also, no food to speak of. A couple of small salad things, chips, and peanuts. We did not go back after the first night.

Breakfast downstairs was barely adequate. The tables had not been wiped down in a few days. Empty things like bacon were not re-stocked. Pancakes and ham were dry. I ended up eating two pastries and leaving.

We ate in the bar the first night. It was good and the beer was good. But 75euro for 2 burgers and 2 beers is too much.

we also hit Molly Malones which was good. Also there is a beer garden with excellent food another 2 blocks beyond Molly’s to the north….Hofbraukeller.

This will probably be our last stay there. I don’t know what I was thinking booking it this time. Indeed, I have gotten the Holiday Inn across the street for 25-30k points at times. better value than the typical 200-300euro Hilton rates.

Last edited by pretzlaff; Jul 15, 2023 at 12:35 pm
Old Jul 15, 2023, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How very poor.

Hilton are an embarrassment now, the old adage was the franchised properties do as they please and have low standards, but it's in fact the complete reverse. Managed hotels are the worst when it comes to brand standards and franchised are pleasingly, often surprisingly good. For example, spirits and a hot item are a brand standard and management surely know this. I wonder what they blame it on, too many Diamonds?
pretzlaff, treppenlaeufer and :D! like this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is this hotel still undergoing renovations?
Old Dec 27, 2023, 3:56 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I was there in late November and I didn't notice anything. There were improvements being made to the Rosenplatz S stop, fwiw.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 6:15 pm

I was just there a few weeks ago. I saw no work going on anywhere. Enjoyed my stay.
Abidjan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.