Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Munich City {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2016, 5:55 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
If anybody has the time and inclination, a couple of questions. Any recent info on the carpet and/or other refurbishment? Do golds have breakfast choice of lounge or restaurant? Do golds automatically have lounge access here? Walking distance to central city attractions? Nearby restaurant recommendations?
Thanks for your help on any of this! (Marriott guy thinking of using up Hilton points and some cash for 4 nights.)
(I've read the thread; looking for more or recent info.)
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
It is super easy to walk the the city central area, and if you feel lazy the subway is even easier to get around.

Beyond the tons of German places to eat..there was a burger restaraunt we really liked called Hans im Gluck. We also liked a pizza place nearby (about 2 blocks in the opposite direction of the city)
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:07 am

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
Originally Posted by ohmark
If anybody has the time and inclination, a couple of questions. Any recent info on the carpet and/or other refurbishment? Do golds have breakfast choice of lounge or restaurant? Do golds automatically have lounge access here? Walking distance to central city attractions? Nearby restaurant recommendations?
Thanks for your help on any of this! (Marriott guy thinking of using up Hilton points and some cash for 4 nights.)
(I've read the thread; looking for more or recent info.)
The new carpet laying is continuing - the hotel put some pictures of it up recently on their FB page. Golds do not automatically have lounge access, only if they are upgraded to the Executive Rooms.

Quite a few local restaurants depending on what you like. I tend to go to the cheap Italian place 200m away if you turn left on exiting the hotel, and there is a great new brewpub further along the road. http://www.tap-house.de/en/ For Bavarian food, the Wirsthaus near the Deutches Museum is good http://wirtshausinderau.de/en/startseite/

There are also a number of more expensive and upmarket places, but I have not found any of them particularly worth it.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Planning on booking a few suites here, but looking for an area that has easy-pedestrian access. I know Marienplatz is a bit far, but with baby strollers and kids, are there things to explore nearby (life cafes, shops, etc)?

Don't want a dated hotel so considering the Hilton Park instead, but also want to be able to stroll to Marienplatz within 15 minutes easily.

Le Meridien is our other option, but we prefer a hotel with a club lounge.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 2:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The area around Rosenheimer platz is littered with cafes, its where young families live. If the weather is fair go to the Paulanergarten. The restaurant beside it is also kid friendly.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 3:47 am

The area around Hilton City is better if you are looking for places to walk around or enjoy some good food. You could take the train 2 stops and be at marienplatz very quickly.

The Hilton Park is in a business park area. You are very close to English Garten (a huge park that is great for walks). From what I recall, there aren't many restaurants nearby but you can take a bus (leaves from right outside the hotel every 10 or 15 minutes) to Gisela str. (about 5 minutes) and there are several restaurants in the area. From Gisela str you can hop on the subway to Marienplatz (3 stops away). It isn't far but with buggies and small ones it might be a small hassle.

I've never stayed at either hotel-I live in Munich, but I'm thinking that Hilton City might be a bit more convenient.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are there any rooms that are already renovated at the Hilton City? We will probably book a couple of suites, but they look dated. Plus, photos of the lobby always look crowded with crewmembers and people waiting for their rooms.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are there any rooms that are already renovated at the Hilton City? We will probably book a couple of suites, but they look dated. Plus, photos of the lobby always look crowded with crewmembers and people waiting for their rooms.
We've stayed there quite a few times over the past number of years. We just completed three nights there with a young granddaughter. It was a cheap points stay but they put us in a larger room at the end of the corridor. It's far from the most luxurious Hilton property but we enjoy the location, friendly employees, the agreeable lounge and the very good breakfast buffet in the restaurant downstairs (Hilton Diamond).

There is also the Deutsches Museum nearby, which is a short walk. We were very lucky with the weather and walked to and from Marienplatz a couple of times.

We were looking for a nearby restaurant to fulfill our 11-year-old's mid-afternoon request for one last schnitzel and found our way sort of behind the hotel to a cute little neighborhood around Woerthstrasse where we found a decent enough place to make her happy.

We've also stayed at the Park Hilton and have no complaints at all, but do prefer the convenience of this property's location, and particularly the straight shot on the S-8 to and from MUC.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: SK EBD, AX Cent, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Club-A Plat, Avis' PC, CC Gold,Hertz PC, CX Diamond,BA Bronz
I'm trying to book this property for Octoberfest (3 nights from 28th Sept 17) and no rooms available, not even on Diamond Guarantee. All sold out, or holding back the rooms?
Old Oct 10, 2016, 4:18 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Holding back.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
<deleted>
Old Oct 11, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Have stayed here three times this year already, including two nights two weeks ago. Executive floor with executive lounge access. The hotel is in a good location.

The hotel is in need of a refurb. Seems like the last refurb took place maybe 20 years ago.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 4:52 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Stayed here for 4 nights in late November 2016. I've stayed here several times over the last decade which may explain why as a Gold on a very good room rate, we were upgraded to a suite and lounge access. The latter is priceless when you show up from an overnight flight at 9 AM (in the room by 11 AM). As others have noted, it is a super convenient location with direct access to/from the hotel to the S-8 S-Bahn airport line (about 45 minutes and ~12 Euros). 20-30 minute walk to Marienplatz or 2 stops on the S-Bahn. Room was in good shape. Lounge, as noted is smallish, but nicely stocked. Absolutely will stay here again when in Munich.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 12:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
I had a stay here on 26 December. Agree that the hotel is incredibly convenient being on the S8 line from MUC airport. Station is connected to the hotel entrance so no need to go outside to access the hotel.

As a diamond, got upgraded to a junior suite. The room was clean, comfortable, but I can see it will need a renovation within the next couple of years. Service was very good and proactive.

Executive lounge is open until 11pm which was very much appreciated since we checked in at 9pm. Plenty of non-alcoholic beverages on offer.

As a diamond, I was allowed to take breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant. Opted for breakfast in the restaurant the next morning and was exceedingly pleased by the variety and quality of the food: made to order egg dishes, two kinds of sausages (the first one looked and tasted like Nuremberg sausages, the second one looked like the white sausages from Bavaria), outstanding bread selection (including incredible pretzel rolls), and great fruit and juice selection. Also, the service was very attentive. Sure, the buffet can't compare with the typical 4 star Asian hotel buffet, but for a European 4 star hotel buffet it was excellent and makes the breakfast buffet at a Hilton in the USA look very sad.

The local area has plenty of dining options. Across the street is a Chinese restaurant, and there are many other restaurants within a few minutes walk.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
The wife just completed a week stay here and says she liked it, staff were great. Booked standard king, app check-in showed 1st and 2nd floor choices, and was upgraded to an executive room on 5th floor at desk check-in. €60 for early check-in (~11 or 12 arrival).

Jar (glass!) of nuts delivered her room later. Not sure if it was for the executive room or gold status. Her ducky was hiding in the mini-fridge.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.