FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Munich City {DEU}
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2017, 12:59 am
francophile

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
I had a stay here on 26 December. Agree that the hotel is incredibly convenient being on the S8 line from MUC airport. Station is connected to the hotel entrance so no need to go outside to access the hotel.

As a diamond, got upgraded to a junior suite. The room was clean, comfortable, but I can see it will need a renovation within the next couple of years. Service was very good and proactive.

Executive lounge is open until 11pm which was very much appreciated since we checked in at 9pm. Plenty of non-alcoholic beverages on offer.

As a diamond, I was allowed to take breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant. Opted for breakfast in the restaurant the next morning and was exceedingly pleased by the variety and quality of the food: made to order egg dishes, two kinds of sausages (the first one looked and tasted like Nuremberg sausages, the second one looked like the white sausages from Bavaria), outstanding bread selection (including incredible pretzel rolls), and great fruit and juice selection. Also, the service was very attentive. Sure, the buffet can't compare with the typical 4 star Asian hotel buffet, but for a European 4 star hotel buffet it was excellent and makes the breakfast buffet at a Hilton in the USA look very sad.

The local area has plenty of dining options. Across the street is a Chinese restaurant, and there are many other restaurants within a few minutes walk.