FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Munich City {DEU}
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2006, 6:56 am
SFO_71

Programs: UA 2MM + 1k, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
A truly fantastic hotel

I'm just finishing up a three-week stay here, and as other posters have noted, the hotel is ideally situated. All of the westward S-bahn lines go to Marienplatz and the main Bahnhof. From here, you can explore the city or connect to the U-bahn. The trip itself is around five or six minutes, and typically, there's a train every few minutes. It's hard to imagine a more ideal location.

Staff
As far as the hotel itself, they have some of the best staff I've encountered. I can only think of one person whose attitude was a little cool. Everyone else, from the house keeping staff to the front desk to the bartenders, have been super friendly and accommodating.

Room
I'm HH Gold, and was upgraded to a spacious and comfortable deluxe room. I worked a lot in the room, and the WiFi was reliable (although it was a bit limited in band-width) and the desk and chair were quite comfortable.

Meals and Bar
The breakfast in the morning had just about everything one could want: lots of fruit, cereal and bread, a sizeable selection of meat and cheese, and someone to cook omlettes. The two dinners I had at the hotel restaurant were solid, but not memorable. The Sunday Brunch was quite nice and feature some very nice seadfood.

The bar is above average for a hotel bar. I was slightly disappointed with the on-tap beer selection, but the bartenders were friendly and seemed pretty adept at making drinks.

Gym
The gym is located on the same floor as the Executive Lounge. It features four Precor cardio machines: a bike, an elliptical, a cross-trainer and a treadmill. It also has four weight machines: leg exension, leg curl, shoulder press and seated bench press. I worked out daily in the evenings, and most days there was at most one another person in it. If you're interested in free weights, you can check-out some adjustable barbells from the Executive lounge.

Overall Impressions
I've stayed at more luxurious hotels, but I can't recall a more overall enjoyable hotel experience. I highly recommend this particular Hilton.