Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Yes, and wouldn't it have been nice if someone told me that information? Did not complain. I just lumped it and left it. All I needed was a hot shower and somewhere to sleep for eight hours and at least I got that bare minimum.
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
That's all they're good for, plus being right next to the terminals.
Totally agree. My wife and I got stuck there a full day when United delivered us late for our flight to PVG and we had to wait for the same flight the next day. The front desk person was nice and gave us a room facing the airport and did tell us about the free breakfast for Golds even though we were staying on a United voucher and he knew that United had also given us vouchers for the three meals.

In retrospect, we should have taken the train into the city and do some tourism. But we were too tired as that morning we had to wake up at 3:00 AM to take the first of our two flights getting us to ORD for the PVG flight.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 9:33 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Had a one-night stay this week. Kept checking the online check in app for rooms, and a 10th floor runway-facing room opened up. Check into it via the app and got the Digital Key immediately.

Arrived around 4pm. No one in line at check-in desk. Went straight to my room. Digital Key worked fine, although slower than usual (which is already too slow - Hilton really needs to do something speed up the unlocking). Standard airport Hilton airport hotel room; a shade on the small side. Bathroom small. Great view of runways! Big desk and comfortable recliner. NO powerport options at the desk or bedside.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Heat didn't initially work in my room. Sent a text message to the front desk (a nice feature) and within a few minutes the maintenance engineer arrived and quickly fixed.

Bed comfortable, room immaculately clean. Noticed at 7pm or so that the there was a long line at the front desk. Got a couple of things at the gift shop for absolutely captive-audience usurious prices.

Breakfast was decent but nothing spectacular (have had better at Hilton Garden Inns). The upcharge for the hot items was $10.

All in all a decent choice, especially at an $80 MVP price.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Best way to get to hotel from Terminal 1?

My wife and I will be arriving at ORD at about noon this week and then don't fly out until 10:30 pm, so we've booked a room at the Airport Hilton for the day. How do we get there from Terminal 1, Concourse C? (Arriving United and stopping by the Polaris Lounge on Concourse C for a bite, then the hotel and then departing on Lufthansa that night.) The following quote from a post from seven years ago is helpful, but I'm still a bit unclear on the directions (go down to baggage claim and then go down another level and through a tunnel???) So if anyone could add info or clarify, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for any help.

Originally Posted by DELee
I had always thought that there was a direct connection through Terminal 1/Concourse B to the Hilton when I would pass the Hilton icon/symbol near the security exit down opposite Gate B6. Turns out that exit simply brings you down to the lower level (baggage claim, exit to curb). If you keep following the Hilton signs, it takes you down one more level to the pedestrian tunnel level. You end up walking in this level for a ways before coming to the entrance to the Hilton - which you end up having to take either the elevator or escalator up to get to the lobby.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
My wife and I will be arriving at ORD at about noon this week and then don't fly out until 10:30 pm, so we've booked a room at the Airport Hilton for the day. How do we get there from Terminal 1, Concourse C? (Arriving United and stopping by the Polaris Lounge on Concourse C for a bite, then the hotel and then departing on Lufthansa that night.) The following quote from a post from seven years ago is helpful, but I'm still a bit unclear on the directions (go down to baggage claim and then go down another level and through a tunnel???) So if anyone could add info or clarify, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for any help.
It's been a while since I did this but here's what I'd recommend and try to show graphically as best as I have documentation available.

There are two major ways of going from Terminal 1 (either Concourses B or C) to the Hilton.

The one you quoted is me following the Hilton signs - these take you on the confusing path from Concourse B, down two levels to the Pedestrian Tunnel Level. You'd then take the tunnel to under the Hilton and then come up to the Lobby Level of the Hilton. If there's a snowstorm or thunderstorm, this would be the better path to take. However, if you don't need to be under protection, I don't advise going this way.

The second path is to get to Concourse B and then exit the secured Terminal 1 areas to get down to the Lower Level and the Lower Level Roadway. You then simply walk almost directly East to the Hilton.

Here's flychicago.com's map of Terminal 1 as a graphical image:

I've highlighted the Polaris Lounge in a green box, the moving walkway tunnel between B and C with a red arrow, the approximate vicinity where the Hilton signage is in Concourse B (yellow box + red arrow). This map indicates that you'll exit Terminal 1 on the Lower Level around doors 1G/1F/1E. From there, cross the roadway and walk to the middle of the Hilton - here's a view out of Google Maps with the path shown in a red dashes:

That's my best explanation trying to convey a 3D path using 2D graphics. Probably ORD flyers and others who frequent the Hilton O'Hare more often can provide additional detail.

David
Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
DELee, great write up on the two different ways of getting to the hotel. The weather is typically the determining factor for me as to which route I take. I initially found the signage a bit confusing but it made more sense to me after I was more familiar with ORD.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks very much for this, DELee! Given that it looks like ORD will have thunderstorms tomorrow, we'll likely go with the tunnel. But it's great to know about both options.

It's been a while since I did this but here's what I'd recommend and try to show graphically as best as I have documentation available.

There are two major ways of going from Terminal 1 (either Concourses B or C) to the Hilton.

The one you quoted is me following the Hilton signs - these take you on the confusing path from Concourse B, down two levels to the Pedestrian Tunnel Level. You'd then take the tunnel to under the Hilton and then come up to the Lobby Level of the Hilton. If there's a snowstorm or thunderstorm, this would be the better path to take. However, if you don't need to be under protection, I don't advise going this way.

The second path is to get to Concourse B and then exit the secured Terminal 1 areas to get down to the Lower Level and the Lower Level Roadway. You then simply walk almost directly East to the Hilton.

Here's flychicago.com's map of Terminal 1 as a graphical image:

I've highlighted the Polaris Lounge in a green box, the moving walkway tunnel between B and C with a red arrow, the approximate vicinity where the Hilton signage is in Concourse B (yellow box + red arrow). This map indicates that you'll exit Terminal 1 on the Lower Level around doors 1G/1F/1E. From there, cross the roadway and walk to the middle of the Hilton - here's a view out of Google Maps with the path shown in a red dashes:

That's my best explanation trying to convey a 3D path using 2D graphics. Probably ORD flyers and others who frequent the Hilton O'Hare more often can provide additional detail.

David
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Thanks very much for this, DELee! Given that it looks like ORD will have thunderstorms tomorrow, we'll likely go with the tunnel. But it's great to know about both options.
Which path did you end up taking and how was it?

Also, did your LH flight get delayed?

David
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:51 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
I stay overnight at the Hilton fairly frequently, normally on a sub-$80 rate.

The thing about the tunnel is the confusing signage at (3) below..

My recommendation is:
(1) Take the elevator from near baggage claim down to the bottom floor. If you have a luggage cart, TAKE IT WITH YOU.
Depending on which elevator you take, you'll either need to take a right out of it, or go straight ahead, in both cases following signs to the Hilton, to reach
(2) The tunnel. If you had to turn right out of the elevator, you'll need to turn left into the tunnel. If you came straight ahead, there's the tunnel in front of you. There are moving walkways. Do not try to take your luggage cart on them.
(3) Here's the confusing bit. Part way along the tunnel, where the moving walkways end, there are TWO signs pointing to the Hilton, one indicating turn right, the other indicating go straight on. TURN RIGHT.
(4) Follow this tunnel up a short ramp and you'll come to elevators on the left which will take you to the lobby level.
(5) On exiting the elevator, take a left and the check-in desk is right there, a few feet away on your right. Park your cart by the desk and check in.
(6) Return to same elevators with your cart. Alternatively, go to the other bank of elevators (closer to Andiamo restaurant) if your room is at that end of the floor (the check-in agent will tell you which end you are).
(7) Enter elevator with your cart and proceed to your floor. Then proceed to your room.
(8) Enter room, still with your cart. There is normally room to park it near the window. If your cases stick out a long way on either side of the cart, you may have to offload them before parking the cart near the window, otherwise getting past the bed(s) may be difficult.
Finally,
(9) When leaving the room to return to the airport, reverse the process, and YOU STILL HAVE YOUR LUGGAGE CART to help you!
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I've never seen so much discussion about how to walk *across the street* to an airport hotel. This isn't like trying to get to a hotel at EWR.

Hogging a luggage cart in your rooms seems a bit selfish.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bonoman

Hogging a luggage cart in your rooms seems a bit selfish.
I have never seen the advice to take the cart to your room for the Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport. But I have seen it for the Hilton Helsinki Airport.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The luggage cart thing amuses me. It's rare that I'm hauling so much luggage with me that I need a cart.

However, I believe at the ORD domestic terminals, you'd have to pay for a luggage cart. So it's not like they ever run out of them. If you really needed to do this, then the upthread advice is helpful in that it's apparently a route to this hotel that doesn't run into whatever you call the cattle guard equivalent for luggage carts.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:26 am

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
From any building except terminal 5, you can go two ways. Baggage claim of that building, then follow signs “trains to city” or “Hilton”. The other way is baggage claim, then walk across the street, keeping in mind that the 3rd divided set of lanes may not yield to you as it’s basic Ly an interstate highway.
DELee likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I didn't even know there was an above-ground path to this hotel. I usually think of this hotel in association with a huge blizzard, and me getting to it underground.
DELee likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which path did you end up taking and how was it?

Also, did your LH flight get delayed?

David
Just back from our vacation. Thanks again for the very useful help!

We ended up going both ways. I agree that going above-ground is a bit easier and quicker, but sorting out the tunnel was fine as well...though I'd still be at a loss as to how to describe this well without DeLee's help! But even if someone finds themselves at ORD without access to FT, ask around and you can find your way to the Hilton using either option.

I guess my basic advice would be to go outside if the weather is ok and you're traveling light enough to take your luggage across a couple of lanes. But if not, the tunnel is ok.

Some delays getting to ORD from SFO on UA due to first technical issues and then weather, but we made it with oodles of time to spare. No delays on the LH flight.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Laptop issues related to WiFi?

I am curious to hear whether anyone has experienced the “blue screen of death” on their laptop while staying at this hotel. I ran into this 2 days ago, and it would only occur if I connected to the hhonors WiFi (perhaps a dozen attempts, partly because I had trouble getting my WiFi profiles to stop auto connecting). The next day in the Aadmirals club and my final destination everything was fine.

i wouldnt normally blame blame the hotel WiFi - except the exact same thing happened at this hotel a few months ago. It certainly could be just a coincidence, and of course there could be something funky on my company laptop (IT had pushed out some mandatory updates a couple days prior). Still, twice here and zero times at any other Hotel (mostly Hilton properties) leads me to wonder.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.