Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2015, 4:50 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ort-us-il.html
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by SANDTWFAN
What travel sites would get me their best rates?
Please let us know the answer once you have completed your research.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: UA AU (ex 10+ year 1k) 1.5MM, AS Newbie, HH ex Dia
The shuttle that is mentioned on the hotel website only runs on weekdays. Arrived at T5 last night with a fair amount of bags and had to schlep onto the train. I've stayed here many times on short trips out of T1, but for T5 arrivals I think I'll stay elsewhere in the future.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 10:09 pm

We're booked on points for a night in May when the AAA rate is $341, so maybe we should appreciate it, but I'm wondering if an alternative isn't better. We have an international arrival (3 p.m.) so would need a shuttle bus in any case, and our departure isn't until noon, so being attached to the terminal is less essential.

Compare the Rosemont Embassy Suites (FT thread last active 2004?): points stay at 30K instead of 40K, a suite, since I'm just Silver the general benefits of evening reception and free breakfast look better. If we want to go into the city, access to the Rosemont L without the fare supplement. Any big reason for staying with the airport Hilton, or alternatives?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:19 pm

Has anyone booked here using the MVP rate and had to show a sports ID? I need to see if it is worth it to dig up and bring my card.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Originally Posted by rove312
Any big reason for staying with the airport Hilton, or alternatives?
There is one HUGE benefit of airport Hilton --- you can walk there directly from your gate without having to go outside, wait for shuttle bus, etc. When arriving late or leaving early from ORD, it means an extra 30 minutes of sleep on both ends.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Absolutely, in this case no shuttle nonsense, etc.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:30 pm

But review the points in my post: international arrival, so shuttle in any case, and noon departure. When I wasn't getting response here, I made the change to the ES, seeing the lower points cost, and the breakfast and other benefits to low-status me as making up for needing the shuttle on departure.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
But review the points in my post: international arrival, so shuttle in any case, and noon departure. When I wasn't getting response here, I made the change to the ES, seeing the lower points cost, and the breakfast and other benefits to low-status me as making up for needing the shuttle on departure.
You wouldn't need a shuttle in either case. For an international arrival you could head upstairs to the ATS and take that to Hilton (with a very short walk). The next day you just walk across the street.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bmrisko
Has anyone booked here using the MVP rate and had to show a sports ID? I need to see if it is worth it to dig up and bring my card.
For the first time in as long as I can remember, I was asked for corporate ID here based on booking my company's negotiated rate.

Sample size of one, but couldn't hurt to have your card.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
We're booked on points for a night in May when the AAA rate is $341, so maybe we should appreciate it, but I'm wondering if an alternative isn't better. We have an international arrival (3 p.m.) so would need a shuttle bus in any case, and our departure isn't until noon, so being attached to the terminal is less essential.

Compare the Rosemont Embassy Suites (FT thread last active 2004?): points stay at 30K instead of 40K, a suite, since I'm just Silver the general benefits of evening reception and free breakfast look better. If we want to go into the city, access to the Rosemont L without the fare supplement. Any big reason for staying with the airport Hilton, or alternatives?
You don't indicate which terminals you are flying into ORD and then out of, but assuming that you and your family / group are in/out of Terminals 1, 2 or 3:

Pluses for ES Rosemont (as a HHonors Silver):
  • Free breakfasts
  • PM reception
  • Suite-type rooms
  • Fewer HHonors points per room than Hilton ORD
  • No rental car needed - request/use hotel shuttle
Pluses for Hilton ORD:
  • Walk/to from Terminals 1, 2 or 3
  • Straightforward access to L / CTA / Blue line
Minuses for ES Rosemont (or other off-site hotel) versus Hilton ORD:
  • Hotel shuttle required to get to/from ORD - adds time including potential traffic as well as potential for it to be full at desired transport times
  • 0.6 mile walk or other access method to get to CTA Blue Line Rosemont station
If you are in or out of Terminal 5 (International), then because of transportation needs of getting to/from either hotel it becomes a toss up.

David
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:20 am

Yes, arrival at T5, departure from T3. We aren't likely to want to go into the city.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Yes, arrival at T5, departure from T3. We aren't likely to want to go into the city.
For a shorter layover the airport Hilton would be better. On arrival the train between terminals beats a shuttle, especially in bad weather. For departure you can walk over, check in and check bags at your leisure and return to your room if you wish.

In your case, since you have plenty of time, the ES is good because of the evening reception, larger room, and free breakfast. You just have to allow plenty of time for the shuttle back to ORD.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Something I recommend doing at this hotel if you have an early flight is not checking out. If your flight has a severe delay or is oversold and you are able to do an IDB it's great to be able to head back to your room instead of waiting in the terminal or lounge
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:17 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Something I recommend doing at this hotel if you have an early flight is not checking out. If your flight has a severe delay or is oversold and you are able to do an IDB it's great to be able to head back to your room instead of waiting in the terminal or lounge
This. Great advice!

I've done it a dozen times...When weather is bad, I ask for a late checkout and call them to tell say I've vacated the room when I'm finally boarding. Saved me twice--so much better hanging out in the room than even the United Club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.