Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Only benefit to this hotel is walking to the terminal for an early morning flight.

They charged me for mini-bar after I left despite not touching it. They did fix it quickly when I contacted them. But I am really sick of hotels doing this. I never touch the damn thing.

Restaurant is very expensive so we ate in the bar. I had a burger and a beer and my colleague had wings and a beer. $60
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:53 pm

A couple weeks ago my wife and I were stuck there due to a standard ORD flight irregularity. Called the Diamond Desk from the lobby and was quoted $285. . .or $85 and 16k points. So I did the money and points. Breakfast coupon was only good for a coffee and roll at the carryout, which is really lame. The room was OK, hadn't stayed there in years and years.

The good news: If you go across the street to where the hotel shuttles congregate, you can take the free shuttle to the Holiday Inn in Rosemont and go to Harry Caray's for dinner. That almost made the unwelcome overnight stay pleasant!!
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
OK everybody here has convinced me to look around. I see I can get the Hilton Rosemont for the same $79 on 10/31 so I'll give it a try. I think they give us a good breakfast and my wife and I will be able to walk to the Blue Line in the morning to go downtown. The cheapest downtown hotel is around $300, I'm kind of torn our flight doesn't land until 10 pm but it would be fun to be around Rush Street on Halloween.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Are these mediocre Diamond breakfast benefits even within the rules of HHonors?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
I like a challenge. I will stay at this hotel on 10/18. I will insist on having at least a continental breakfast at the restaurant in compliance with the HHonors terms for Diamonds. I will keep you informed.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by patvan
I like a challenge. I will stay at this hotel on 10/18. I will insist on having at least a continental breakfast at the restaurant in compliance with the HHonors terms for Diamonds. I will keep you informed.
I think they are currently back to giving Diamonds the full breakfast again.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
I added the emphasis to your quote.

Based on recent experience?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by controller1
Late August. However, the breakfast is so bad and unhealthy, I will never stay at this property again, despite its superior location. The Hyatt Regency Ohare breakfast blows it away.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:21 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by controller1
I added the emphasis to your quote.

I can confirm that they are still giving full breakfast...Had it this morning. I was given 2 coupons at check-in.

Hint: They don't tell you, but cooked-to-order eggs/omelets are included. You have to ask. I had 2 poached eggs along with crispy bacon off the buffet, and a nice self-created yogurt concoction. Free flowing juice/coffee, and while I didn't have any, a large selection of pastries. Not a huge buffet, but certainly adequate.

(I'm in on a weekday MVP rate of about $170, booked several months in advance...I checked again starting last week, best rate has been in the $320 range. Was upgraded at check-in to a comfortable mini-suite. No complaints about anything regarding this stay).
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:41 pm

I am just gold but got full breakfast yesterday here.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 2:45 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I am staying here for the first time next week, also flying to ORD for more than a few hour connection for the first time... How do I get from the airport to the hotel? Do I need to call the hotel for a shuttle?

I am arriving on American domestic, departing on Cathay.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by agp423
I am staying here for the first time next week, also flying to ORD for more than a few hour connection for the first time... How do I get from the airport to the hotel? Do I need to call the hotel for a shuttle?
No. You either walk through the tunnels (follow the signs) or carefully walk across traffic from the terminals. The tunnel route is usually preferable in the winter.
http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/ill...ons/index.html

American will arrive at T3, easy walk through the tunnels (again follow the Hilton Hotel signs) or you can walk to the last bus island (for rental car buses) then head to your left and you will eventually find a crosswalk across to the Hilton (which is located across the street from the hotel shuttle bus pickup).
Old Dec 6, 2014, 3:57 pm

I am arriving on American domestic, departing on Cathay.
To get to the departure terminal for Cathay, you'll have to take the shuttle or the train. When I was there, I shuttle was not operating.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 5:59 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Are you referring to the shuttle bus to T5 that Hilton's website says it offers?
Old Dec 6, 2014, 6:13 pm

Are you referring to the shuttle bus to T5 that Hilton's website says it offers?
Yes. And since you have to take a shuttle or train anyway, you might as well stay a nicer, friendlier, and cheaper hotel that requires a shuttle as well. You basically only save one shuttle ride by staying at the Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.