Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2013, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Very convenient for early morning flight.

However, charged me after check-out for the mini-bar - I did not touch the mini-bar; in fact, it had a seal on in which was never broken. I hate hotels with mini-bars; seems like they always try to slip extra charges on you. You will have a hard time convincing me this is not done on purpose with hopes that no one will notice. Rip people off - nice.

Had dinner in the bar....not very good and highest priced bar food I have ever seen.

I give this hotel a big
I assume you called or emailed the hotel and they corrected the mini-bar charge?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 8:12 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Question Best Room# for Airport/Runway View & Pizza Delivery

Is there a certain side of the hotel you want to be on to face the airport & runways, eg an even or odd numbered room? Does the other side just face the terminals & parking lot, etc?

Also is the hotel in a zone where you can get good Chicago deep dish pizza delivered? I'm not sure if the ORD Hilton is considered in the Rosemont neighborhood where there are some pizza places that deliver? Would anyone recommend a particular pizza place for delivery? I also read, apparently, there is no "good" authentic pizza place in the ORD terminals?

Thank you.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 2:05 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Van Galder bus nearby, & great thread.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jetsetter
Is there a certain side of the hotel you want to be on to face the airport & runways, eg an even or odd numbered room? Does the other side just face the terminals & parking lot, etc?

Also is the hotel in a zone where you can get good Chicago deep dish pizza delivered? I'm not sure if the ORD Hilton is considered in the Rosemont neighborhood where there are some pizza places that deliver? Would anyone recommend a particular pizza place for delivery? I also read, apparently, there is no "good" authentic pizza place in the ORD terminals?

Thank you.
Lou Malnati's has a location or two nearby and should deliver. There the best.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 9:55 am

Runway View = Even #'s

My wife and I stayed the night before an early morning departure a week ago.
As a Gold we received the free in-room Wifi, 10th (top) floor with a runway view and 2 bottles of water, and vouchers for breakfast.
Runway view side were evened number rooms. The elevators, middle of floor, split rooms 10041 and lower on the right and 10042 and higher going left. Going left, about 10054 would have a control tower partially blocking the view. Overall, good views of runway activity.
The restaurant opens at 6:00. The vouchers, as I recall, had mention of Continental breakfast on the back. But, at 6:00 we were pleasantly directed to a smallish buffet with scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, assorted fruits, breads, cereals, and fast service for coffee and orange juice refills.
Can't beat the not having to wait for a shuttle…
We will be staying again in about 6 weeks under similar circumstances.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:28 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Disappointed in Hilton ORD and the Diamond Desk

I constantly see threads where customers feel that Hilton had dropped off in the customer service department... I hadn't really felt that way until this year, but I've experienced one example after the other where I feel that the properties are declining and they simply don't care anymore.

Below is the note that I sent to the Diamond Desk on Thursday morning, I finally got a reply back today with no follow through other than it was great pleasure to assist me, and that some points would be deposited into my account for the inconvenience. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised any longer, but the lack of genuine interest was surprising to me and I attempted to write a respectful letter to share my dissatisfaction with the stay.

Original Message Follows: ------------------------
Good Morning,

I struggle to write this email and complain, I simply cannot remember the last time I have ever complained to any loyalty program, let alone twice in one year. Having said that, my stay at the Hilton ORD was very disappointing this week. It was one of the most disappointing stays I have ever had at a Hilton property.

The first item that I struggled with was upon check in after a very long day of travel, I was advised that even though I reserved a King Room, they didn’t have one to give me so I would be put into a double. I understand things happen, and I would have let that go without anything further, even though it’s extremely disappointing that as a Diamond I can’t even get the room which I reserved.

Like I said so be it, I understand the Hotel industry is difficult and sometimes things happen, I just needed a good night’s rest before departing early the next morning. I didn’t arrive until late in the night, so upon waking up and turning the lights on, the four pictures attached is what I discovered in my room that was supposedly ‘cleaned’… An open plumbing access door which no one cared to reattach, a rather large ‘dust bunny’ under the counter with hair and trash all over the ground in the bathroom. It certainly wasn’t my hair unfortunately, I lost that years ago and I don’t think my bald head contributed to that. In addition, as you can see, the shower handle trim ring was broken, and there was still trash in the shower soap dish from another guest.

My apologies for venting like this, but hopefully you can see that with all of these issues with one stay and in one room, it was simply too much to take without being extremely frustrated. I truly feel that there has been a consistent devaluation in being a Diamond with the Hilton family. I have been loyal to the brand for the last 5-6 years after switching from another loyalty program, however I can say that this coming year will be different, and Hilton will not have my undivided loyalty.

These aren’t just my feelings, every associate that I work which have considered Hilton’s as ‘home’ away from home are questioning themselves and the lack of appreciation that seems to be conveyed to their loyal patrons.

I understand that issues will always occur and it’s impossible to make everyone happy in a service industry. I am personally accountable for a global service organization and completely understand the difficulties of ‘serving’ all of your clients, but I must say there is a problem with the program when most every Diamond I know is disheartened and talking to other programs about status matches.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Not getting a king and finding random dustbunnies aren't that big of a deal to me. If you're unhappy with HHonors devals, perhaps you should have focused on that instead in a briefer manner.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Did you bring your issues up with management of the hotel? It is usually best to deal with them about property issues first than going to the diamond desk.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by N965VJ
Not getting a king and finding random dustbunnies aren't that big of a deal to me. If you're unhappy with HHonors devals, perhaps you should have focused on that instead in a briefer manner.
Sorry, but I disagree. Hair and other junk all over the floor in a bathroom and other peoples trash still in the shower isn't acceptable .

Is that brief enough for you?

Last edited by cayenne; Dec 23, 2013 at 11:08 am
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Did you bring your issues up with management of the hotel? It is usually best to deal with them about property issues first than going to the diamond desk.
I didn't, I arrived very late and left before 5AM to catch a flight. I agree, I should have done that, I was running on less than four hours sleep and late leaving for my flight so I was rushing.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cayenne
I didn't, I arrived very late and left before 5AM to catch a flight. I agree, I should have done that, I was running on less than four hours sleep and late leaving for my flight so I was rushing.
No reason you can't now. The diamond desk folks aren't supervisors for the hotel staff so other than them noting your dissatisfaction with the hotel, they aren't going to do much. The hotel manager though will be able to address your issues with hotel staff and usually would be interested in the cleanliness issues. Considering that you were only there a few hours I probably just would have said something to the front desk person upon leaving.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
No reason you can't now. The diamond desk folks aren't supervisors for the hotel staff so other than them noting your dissatisfaction with the hotel, they aren't going to do much. The hotel manager though will be able to address your issues with hotel staff and usually would be interested in the cleanliness issues. Considering that you were only there a few hours I probably just would have said something to the front desk person upon leaving.
You're right I should probably call them and pass it on, I guess I was surprised by the response because I assumed that the HHonors agents would pass it on to the appropriate person at the Hotel.

The cleanliness is what bothered me, I'm in rooms all over the world where ammenities come and go, but a clean room makes all the difference from my perspective.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're right I should probably call them and pass it on, I guess I was surprised by the response because I assumed that the HHonors agents would pass it on to the appropriate person at the Hotel.

The cleanliness is what bothered me, I'm in rooms all over the world where ammenities come and go, but a clean room makes all the difference from my perspective.
I'm sure it will be reported to the hotel eventually but it will not have the same effect as you making the report to the hotel and explaining why you were dissatisfied.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Any piece of advocacy which can't be reduced to three declarative sentences has close to zero impact.

Stuff like this gets fixed with a call down to the Front Desk.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Sorry, but I disagree. Hair and other junk all over the floor in a bathroom and other peoples trash still in the shower isn't acceptable .
Sorry! I didn't get to expand on my post before Gogo was shut off on me.

Like others have now said, a call down to the MOD would get some results. I look to the Diamond desk for help with reservation issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.