Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2023, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
I have always found it perfectly good for what it is, the bar prices are not too bad, and the staff are very friendly and helpful as you say. A luxury resort it is not but you could happily use it on your way to one.
arlflyer likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 10:21 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Athena53
Unfortunately, this is why I'm "stuck" with this hotel when visiting Chicago with my granddaughters. They LOVE the runway view. Since we always go into the city I've tried to persuade them to try another property. Nope. If the rooms and services continue to deteriorate as the rates increase, I may have to put my foot down and go elsewhere. Little Brother will be coming with us for the first time in March and that means feeding 3 kids plus myself in a hotel with WAY overpriced food and nothing reasonable nearby- even airside at ORD across the street has only a nondescript coffee stand. It's getting sad.
I only use this hotel when I can swing it via Hotwire at a substantially discounted rate from the direct booking rate. I still get much the same kind of room as shown by the late FTer who paid $280 for a direct booking as a Diamond, but for my sub-$150 night stays at this hotel — in need of a refresh — I get no elite status benefits.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
at this hotel — in need of a refresh
Genuinely curious - what would you refresh? There are structural elements that would require moving walls, e.g. expanding bathroom size, which I don't think are likely to happen. The carpet and furnishings are are old-looking, but I find them to be very well kept. The furniture is sturdy, and there is a real desk, real recliner, etc. I'd honestly keep this, even if the decor is no longer in vogue, than risk a "modern" redo that trades function for form (e.g. rooms with no desks which are becoming increasingly prevalent).

I suppose the common areas could be modernized, and maybe I'm kind of weird like this, but I find the muted, old look kind of comforting in a world where everything is ultra-modern, ultra high contrast.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 9:42 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Genuinely curious - what would you refresh? There are structural elements that would require moving walls, e.g. expanding bathroom size, which I don't think are likely to happen. The carpet and furnishings are are old-looking, but I find them to be very well kept. The furniture is sturdy, and there is a real desk, real recliner, etc. I'd honestly keep this, even if the decor is no longer in vogue, than risk a "modern" redo that trades function for form (e.g. rooms with no desks which are becoming increasingly prevalent).

I suppose the common areas could be modernized, and maybe I'm kind of weird like this, but I find the muted, old look kind of comforting in a world where everything is ultra-modern, ultra high contrast.
The bathrooms in some of the rooms could really do with some new fixtures at the very least. For me, it’s primarily a refresh of the bathrooms that I want, although they could also do something about the flooring elsewhere as well.

I too am not a fan of the modern trend of form over function at hotels, but how much can they really mess up with refreshing just bathrooms in the rooms?
Old Jun 24, 2023, 9:52 am

The bathrooms in some of the rooms could really do with some new fixtures at the very least. For me, it’s primarily a refresh of the bathrooms that I want
Be careful what you wish for! The sinks have incredibly impressive flow rates, and unlike most new hotel sinks, the water actually is aimed towards the bowl! All joking aside, I'd be personally fine with bathroom refreshes - they can just keep their hands away from my in-room desk!
GUWonder likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
I only use this hotel when I can swing it via Hotwire at a substantially discounted rate from the direct booking rate. I still get much the same kind of room as shown by the late FTer who paid $280 for a direct booking as a Diamond, but for my sub-$150 night stays at this hotel — in need of a refresh — I get no elite status benefits.
Ah, but I "need" the runway view. :-) And my next booking (April, 2024) I may book 2 adjoining rooms since I'll have 3 kids with me. I'm sure they won't offer those options (at least the runway view choice) to Hotwire customers. Even more maddening, the rate for a paid stay is the same for the runway view room but if you want to use points it's a "premium room" and takes 117,000 points per night rather than 60,000 without the runway view.

Yeah, I think after the April stay we'll find a property in town.
GUWonder likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.