Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:36 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by pinniped
The luggage cart thing amuses me. It's rare that I'm hauling so much luggage with me that I need a cart.

However, I believe at the ORD domestic terminals, you'd have to pay for a luggage cart. So it's not like they ever run out of them. If you really needed to do this, then the upthread advice is helpful in that it's apparently a route to this hotel that doesn't run into whatever you call the cattle guard equivalent for luggage carts.
If, like me, you are often carrying enough clothes and electronic equipment for a 2-3 week trip, then a luggage cart is very helpful. I can in fact stack the items and do without, but why should I when a cart makes it so much easier to handle them?

As far as keeping the cart in your room is concerned, this makes sense if you are staying for one night only. It saves you having to walk all the back to the terminal the next day to pay for another cart and then walking all the way back to your room with it to then take your luggage back to the terminal.
Beano likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Booked ORD Hilton for daughter--will she get breakfast?

I'm a Hilton Gold and my daughter & family just missed a connection at ORD so I booked them a room with my points. Will the family get breakfast because of my status?

Thanks!
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
The question will be answered when they check in but I think it is no. Unless, of course, they get a sympathetic agent. If you were present then two of you would be entitled to breakfast.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Make sure she asks if she isn't handed a coupon. The worst she gets is a "no."
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MADPhil
The question will be answered when they check in but I think it is no. Unless, of course, they get a sympathetic agent. If you were present then two of you would be entitled to breakfast.
Will report back after she checks in. Thx.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Often1
Make sure she asks if she isn't handed a coupon. The worst she gets is a "no."
Yes, I told her to ask. Thx
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
Yes, I told her to ask. Thx
DD just called and they did say she would get breakfast. However, the restaurant doesn't open until 6am and DD has to check in before that. Oh well.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:40 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by philemer
I'm a Hilton Gold and my daughter & family just missed a connection at ORD so I booked them a room with my points. Will the family get breakfast because of my status?
If you booked it online and just put their name as the "additional guest" then it is up to the hotel.

If you booked it on the phone and told the agent to put the entire reservation in your daughter's name, then the hotel would see your daughter as the Gold member and she would definitely get it
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by :D!
If you booked it online and just put their name as the "additional guest" then it is up to the hotel.

If you booked it on the phone and told the agent to put the entire reservation in your daughter's name, then the hotel would see your daughter as the Gold member and she would definitely get it
Is this new? I was under the impression that the name needed to match the HH account to earn points and stay credit? Or does it just show benefit level but earned no credit?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Originally Posted by B3nder
Is this new? I was under the impression that the name needed to match the HH account to earn points and stay credit? Or does it just show benefit level but earned no credit?
I was under the same impression and figured it was up to the individual hotel to extend the status to the guest.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I think technically the member is supposed to be there. But bravo to the ORD Hilton for at least affording the daughter some food on her unplanned stay in Chicago. ^ Buffet there is pretty standard...she didn't miss out on anything too interesting.
philemer likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stayed last Saturday to Sunday on a $94 rate. No upgrade and I didn't even get a room facing the airport. Breakfast is just continental for Diamonds and the selection was pitiful. There was a sign saying meat and cheese tray but no meat and cheese, some yogurt, individual boxes of cereal and fruit. The $10 upcharge for the full breakfast is insulting. 5 years ago I was getting upgrades here as a Gold and it was a full breakfast. When you combine that with the tired rooms with tiny bathrooms the only benefit now is the location.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Silver
Agree with what has been said that the only benefit to this property is the location. Currently here and barely able to get work done with atrocious "premium" wi-fi, and tired room and facilities. The staff is very nice and professional.
forumpersona999 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:49 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
How far of a walk is this from United’s terminal? I arrive at midnight and depart at 7am, so want a place to shower and rest for a little bit.
also, is the walk all outdoors or indoors?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
<10 min from UA baggage claim
above ground
or underground if it’s chilly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.