Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by weezl
<10 min from UA baggage claim
above ground
or underground if it’s chilly
It is shorter to walk at ground level, though you have to cross some roads (there are crosswalks) and I don't think it is signed. One level down there are tunnels which are signed but a little further. That way you enter the Hilton one level down from reception.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by S.R
How far of a walk is this from United’s terminal? I arrive at midnight and depart at 7am, so want a place to shower and rest for a little bit.
also, is the walk all outdoors or indoors?
See info in previous post above.

David
Old May 24, 2019, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is the reason renovations were delayed here because taxpayers didn't want to fund it (the city owns the hotel)? It seems now that a new agreement is in place to seek funding from elsewhere. Is that accurate?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 4:18 pm

Does this property have an executive lounge ?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Does this property have an executive lounge ?
No lounge
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I know this is an old thread, but thought it was best to post here.

Looking at staying at ORD in late'ish March, prior to a relatively early flight. Obviously, Hilton ORD would be ideal, being able to walk to the terminal, and not having to go outside, vs. a shuttle bus anywhere else, especially traveling with two young kids.

Right now, rates are showing $225/night plus tax. That's seems pricey to me...I get that there is going to be some amount of premium vs. other airport hotels given the convenience, but I'm able to book downtown on the previous nights for ~$150 at various properties, and <$100 at other Hilton properties nearby (Rosemont, etc.). Having never stayed at ORD Hilton (except once where UA paid due to IRROPS), I'm not sure if this rate is relatively normal. Can anyone comment on what a decent, normal rate usually is at this hotel (want to make sure - maybe its my expectations that are out of whack?).
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by emcampbe
I know this is an old thread, but thought it was best to post here.

Looking at staying at ORD in late'ish March, prior to a relatively early flight. Obviously, Hilton ORD would be ideal, being able to walk to the terminal, and not having to go outside, vs. a shuttle bus anywhere else, especially traveling with two young kids.

Right now, rates are showing $225/night plus tax. That's seems pricey to me...I get that there is going to be some amount of premium vs. other airport hotels given the convenience, but I'm able to book downtown on the previous nights for ~$150 at various properties, and <$100 at other Hilton properties nearby (Rosemont, etc.). Having never stayed at ORD Hilton (except once where UA paid due to IRROPS), I'm not sure if this rate is relatively normal. Can anyone comment on what a decent, normal rate usually is at this hotel (want to make sure - maybe its my expectations that are out of whack?).
That's about par, except for Friday and Saturday nights when it can be half that. I guess it gets enough business trade. I have sometimes got a good price from BA as a standalone purchase and perhaps other indirect sources might work.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
As noted above, that price is not unusual with the ORD Hilton especially when booking in advance. The price will go up and down as your date approaches based upon the weather and flight interruptions. For $100 or more difference in price, I would just book the Rose Hotel or another Rosemont property and then cancel if the ORD price drops and you want the convenience of walking across from the terminal.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 7:00 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Do also make sure you check the MVP rate if you haven't already.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by emcampbe
Can anyone comment on what a decent, normal rate usually is at this hotel (want to make sure - maybe its my expectations that are out of whack?).
Airport hotels are pretty unique from a pricing perspective since demand can fluctuate so rapidly. When a storm hits, things go crazy before the last room evaporates.

In a big, spread out metro region like Chicago there are also plenty of high dollar biz travelers who want to be 100% sure that they are at the airport for their flight, or who get in late and don’t want to head all the way home, to their client site, etc.

Your $225 figure seems reasonable in my experience with this property. As others noted, check alternative rates, or you can go to Rosemont which is a very nice property and a short shuttle ride away.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:13 pm

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
Hotel does not have 24 hour room service

The restaurant opens at 5:30 or 6:00 am. If though have a flight at 7 you are unable to get breakfast at this hotel.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
anyone stay here post-covid? We have a stay tomorrow night and wanted to know how they are handling and what to expect for diamond breakfast?
Old Jul 4, 2020, 7:12 pm

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
Call. Expect the least.

I called for and asked about a potential booking for 6/24-6/25. Was told that they were offering grab and go breakfast.

that being said this was during phase 3. Now I’m phase 4. Maybe restaurant is open.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:33 am

The F&B credit offered to Diamond guests, can that be used at the Caffe Mercato?
Thanks
Old Sep 25, 2021, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
The F&B credit offered to Diamond guests, can that be used at the Caffe Mercato?
Thanks
I'd call and ask.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.