Search

2021 promotions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2021, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by EuroFlash
20% point discount on award flights
Only valid for bookings on website, not waitlists

E.g. 24K return intra-Europe and 72K return intercontinental

Also noticed they reduced their one-way ticket prices to be exactly half of they return prices. E.g return always was 30K and 20K for one-way
24K Intra europe seems true.
72K Intercontinental? Japan 90k, I just checked since I have award ticket with schedule change and saw an oppurtunity to cancel and rebook but no 72k to be seen.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
The promo is "on almost all [their] European routes as well as to and from Hong Kong, South Korea and Thailand". So of course not Japan.

Not that I'd expect to be able to get to HK any sooner than JP
Old Aug 11, 2021, 1:07 am
Company Representative, Finnair

Programs: Finnair +
Originally Posted by seldomrfly
24K Intra europe seems true.
72K Intercontinental? Japan 90k, I just checked since I have award ticket with schedule change and saw an oppurtunity to cancel and rebook but no 72k to be seen.
Included long-hauls are TH, KR, HK.
Greetings
Ela
seldomrfly likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 1:25 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by FinnairPlus_Ela
Greetings
Ela
Lol are any of those destinations available for general travel now or all come with a 1-3 week quarantine 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦

Well not sure about Korea have not been following...

But the EU is good....

US shines with it's absence from this promo
Old Aug 11, 2021, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
Lol are any of those destinations available for general travel now or all come with a 1-3 week quarantine 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦
Of course not 🙂. This is for travel in the future, when you might get there. In my case travel isn't available from my departure airport anyway. I'm not doing overnigths in HEL or train/bus/car so here I'm sitting, dreaming about travelling in 2022.
kauppias likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by kauppias
Well not sure about Korea have not been following...

But the EU is good....

US shines with it's absence from this promo
Latest second hand info on KR was 2 weeks horrible hotel quarantine. KR nationals can do it at home - unmarried KR/not-KR couples are separated. KR partner home, non-KR partner government quarantine.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:11 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
KR nationals can do it at home - unmarried KR/not-KR couples are separated. KR partner home, non-KR partner government quarantine.
Only positive. 2 weeks in the same closet would be the end of marriage.

Friend of mine took 2 bedroom quarantine hotel in BKK to him and his wife just to keep balance in mental health.
SPBanker and kauppias like this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Of course they could also just go home and do the quarantine there... but you need to be married to do that in KR
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:53 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by seldomrfly
Of course not 🙂. This is for travel in the future, when you might get there. In my case travel isn't available from my departure airport anyway. I'm not doing overnigths in HEL or train/bus/car so here I'm sitting, dreaming about travelling in 2022.
Yeah planning these days is like fortune telling 😂😂

Oh well
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:55 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
If you bought points at the chepeast they've been on offer (0.64 euro cents per point), EU return amounts to 153.6 eur. Most days in EU traffic for the coming 1-2 weeks are already double that. Using also points accrued from flying, this can be a good offer. What are the T&C?
ffay005 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 5:50 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Full info here:https://www.finnair.com/nl-en/book-a...ights-for-less
Old Aug 11, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Thanks! I hadn't noticed the change in one way ticket pricing, booked some flights to MAD for Jan & Feb. Returns with airBaltic as the schedule is much better (and they may even fly to TMP)..
Old Aug 12, 2021, 1:43 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by FinnairPlus_Ela
Greetings
Ela
Does this discount also include 2 for 1 rewards with vouchers?
Old Aug 12, 2021, 1:46 am
Company Representative, Finnair

Programs: Finnair +
Originally Posted by srieppo
Does this discount also include 2 for 1 rewards with vouchers?
No, only Classic Awards this time.
Greetings
Ela
SPBanker likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 8:53 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by zxcv1
All is well, unless you're in a rush. I would expect these point purchase promos every 3-4 months. The best (recent) price for points has been 0.64 euro cents per point.

Bear in mind that
  1. Fundamentally, points are not money. There's several court cases where even the airlines have argued that loyalty points do not have any monetary value and thus should not be compensated.
  2. With airlines burning their cash reserves and desperate to sell their loyalty points, it's likely that points will suffer from severe inflation sooner than later especially once executing the liability materialises for the airlines. This inflation is happening already every day with hotel and airline loyalty program T&C 'enhancements', often done in secrecy. Still, AY has not yet hiked up e.g. point-based upgrades; and there's a part of me that expects e.g. intra-europe upgrade, currently at 10,000 award points, to be 15,000 or 20,000 award points this time next year.
  3. Money will always work. One aspect of the point inflation can be expected to be reduced points-based upgrade availability too. Point awards often come with restrictions. You may encounter many frustrating difficulties when you actually want to redeem hotel gift cards that you bought in a promotion (from the outright lie against the hotel brand policy of "sorry, we are unable to accept these gift cards" to "we get like only one of these per year and we don't know how to enter it into the system so you must pay with money"), or would like to use your AY points.

You should therefore have a clear purpose in mind for using the points if you proceed to buy them. Great savings can be had for premium airfares etc. for sure, but it comes with a certain risk and certain restrictions regarding e.g. availability.

Personally, I bought points in the recent NOV20 sale with the intention of using them towards status requalification in 2024 and onwards, and upgrades. In my case and for my flying pattern it made sense - still does unless AY decides to water down the points' value.
Yeah- one like the one last year (?) with some tier bonus points would be pretty neat (if I would this time manage not to miss it again :/ )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.