Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 promotions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2021, 2:49 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by zxcv1
I wouldn't mind if they dropped or eased the requirements to sit in AY metal for Lumo just this once. Not accepting the bonus TP of the Nov-20 point sale towards Lumo was low. All my OW tier points are essentially being wasted when credited to AY+, and the lifetime milestones are a joke. Well, achieving Lumo would be a waste anyway in the current climate. How can it be that AY Plats get absolutely nothing at the main AY hub and flagship base of HEL, not even a bottle of water, while e.g. QR gives you Plaza Premium at HEL? -- edit, isn't the plaza premium closed nowadays too? Well, at least you used to get that while AY gave you absolutely nothing.
I was very disappointed that they excluded those from the AY requirement, since I already filled my non AY quota I was NOT able to partake that either!

I think they could/should remove the AY metal requirement this year
Old Mar 30, 2021, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by FFlash
On Lumo hunt topic, I have met two newly minted Lumo strangers onboard OUL coming to me for talks when they saw my bag.
”Hey nice bag! I just qualified for Lumo” and so on
I was not so taken by the Tumi bag (so much so that I exchanged it with another member here for the old Plat Rimowa one) so no Lumoticness here. I need 2,5k points until mid-2022 and that'd take me over the 75k threshold when I can just exchange the rest for another Plat year. Maybe I can scrape that much - I am hoping to fly again in May and MUST fly in July so let's see how this plays out.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 4:58 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by kauppias
Had I not already flown 200k towards LUMO when this crap hit I would have gladly done the domestic hops for a segment qualification But basically starting from zero again after doing 50% seems silly 😁😁

I was hoping for a PROMO not necessarily a 4x promo just staying what SK was offering

The status points purchase promo was nice but did not work for me either since it did not qualify as AY ...

Wishful thinking but I do think SOME kind of promo is in order for AY! Others may disagree

OT I think I have flown domestically on AY ONCE to Vaasa 😁😁 when Make went belly up
Hehe, don't get me wrong, I am totally OK with promos! The more the merrier! But it seems that for the forseeable future, domestic is what there is and that limits the usefulness for me. So that is where I end up with Finnair and FInnair plus becoming a domestic affair.

SK is the same thing, and that's the great irony. I loathe SK domestic and shorthaul, but the flipside of it is that this is currently my only option.

Yeah, we are all trapped in this mess. Soon we all end up mökki owners, collecting points from k-rauta.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 6:43 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by intuition
Hehe, don't get me wrong, I am totally OK with promos! The more the merrier! But it seems that for the forseeable future, domestic is what there is and that limits the usefulness for me. So that is where I end up with Finnair and FInnair plus becoming a domestic affair.

SK is the same thing, and that's the great irony. I loathe SK domestic and shorthaul, but the flipside of it is that this is currently my only option.

Yeah, we are all trapped in this mess. Soon we all end up mökki owners, collecting points from k-rauta.

I saw no point in domestic flights, I guess I am not that hardcore...

I know many who still keep flying leisure flights and I do envy them though that is not an option for me due to work and family obligations

I will have my first long haul flights in well over a year just in 2 months or less time, now I just have to weigh the facts should I go star, OW or just redeem and forget about earning 😂

I will have a choice of many flights, Y/J/F and still it's not easy as without promos there is VERY little point in investing in AY, the same SK LH flights don't really excite me, and I don't need alot of points to renew *G...

If AY had allowed the purchase promo 75k status points to count as AY I would be in a totally different boat (and several €s poorer) but as I stand it's not a obvious choice 😂🤷🏼‍♂️
Old Mar 31, 2021, 9:45 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK

Plussaman talks: do not pointshunt k-Rauta!! It is a huge scam how they market K-points!
If going for mökkipoints, S-card gives you 5% cash back from zero to anything and it racks up quickly, and is better option even with higher starting prices, but a smart guy goes for discount offers!
Old Mar 31, 2021, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Plussaman talks: do not pointshunt k-Rauta!! It is a huge scam how they market K-points!
If going for mökkipoints, S-card gives you 5% cash back from zero to anything and it racks up quickly, and is better option even with higher starting prices, but a smart guy goes for discount offers!
Up to 5%

The best bonus might come from being a free agent... For instance gas can cost 5 cents more per litre at S card stations and people still fill up there when they only earn 3% back 😁😁😁

But this year is proving tricky as I have been trying to figure out what to do with 2021...

I might just have to redeem instead that might be the smartest move
Old Mar 31, 2021, 10:54 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
K-rauta needs to be more Creative to compete. At silver level, free bandaid with every hammer purchase. Platinum level offers choice between premium transport to kela facility, covering two incidents a year for mishaps operating powertools while drunk
or
Biweekly delivery of birch twigs
FFlash likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 1:23 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
K-rauta needs to be more Creative to compete. At silver level, free bandaid with every hammer purchase. Platinum level offers choice between premium transport to kela facility, covering two incidents a year for mishaps operating powertools while drunk
or

haha!!
how is Rusta? Any loyalty there?
Free store shopping cart coinkey at silver level? Gold gets birch twig frills at discount? Platinum gets a smile and a hug at the young service counter?
intuition likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 10:31 am
Moderator, Finnair

Rusta offers a unique 2 year warranty: they guarantee every item you buy will break within 2 years...
r2d2, cistavoda and FFlash like this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 11:55 am

or
So the idea is that we sign up and reach platinum status and then enter Finland using the premium transport to FPA? No more leisure boats?
Old Apr 2, 2021, 12:01 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
I have a Black plussa card but so far I have not realized are the any benefits on that, so, in a sence quite close to Black AY-card as of now. The future is already here.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 12:16 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
I have a Black plussa card but so far I have not realized are the any benefits on that, so, in a sence quite close to Black AY-card as of now. The future is already here.
You can change plussa to Finnair-points with Black-card. Since I realized it, I have earned 60.000 points equalling 150€ worth of Plussa money. Buying them for regular price would cost 772€, so not bad. Buying it all with Finnair MC and it is even more points. Of course real life value of points is not that, but still more than 150€ I feel like.
kauppias likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 12:18 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite
Rusta offers a unique 2 year warranty: they guarantee every item you buy will break within 2 years...
Same like Finnish healthcare. ”Hoitotakuu”. They guarantee you won’t get unurgent care in less than 3 months.
r2d2, ffay005 and FFlash like this.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by srieppo
You can change plussa to Finnair-points with Black-card. Since I realized it, I have earned 60.000 points equalling 150€ worth of Plussa money. Buying them for regular price would cost 772€, so not bad. Buying it all with Finnair MC and it is even more points. Of course real life value of points is not that, but still more than 150€ I feel like.
this is the one reason I considered getting the Kplussa black but I have to say that the plussa system has to be the most complicated and convulted program I have ever encountered!

Gave me a head ache just researching it. So I gave up...

Every store in the program rewards differently and only some points from somewhere count to some level and so on and so on... Why not make it SIMPLER 😂😂

If you buy a used car you get points but if you buy a NEW car you only get points IF your already a black card holder 😂😂🤷🏼‍♂️

So I stick to Lidl plus and S- card
ffay005 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 8:26 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Those who fly now for Lumo with zero service and ATR they are real heroes.
A new level? Platinum Lumo Hero 150 segments /100 AY / 75 ATR
My favorite ATR flight because it is the shortest, from Northern Helsinki HEL (Vantaa) to Southern Helsinki TLL (Tallinn)
cistavoda likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.