Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 promotions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2021, 11:28 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Just went thru Oomi site and no place to add that.

Co-operation ended in March 2020

So how Kauppias and Wilco You get S-bonus with Oomi?
Indeed looks like they stopped making new agreements with oomi too, I wonder how long the S bonus will continue for current customers
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
So how Kauppias and Wilco You get S-bonus with Oomi?
Obviously they grandfathered the Vantaan Sähkö contracts. Let's see what gives when my current one is up for renewal.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: Finnair Plat
Hard to believe this is FlyerTalk/FinnairPlus/2021 Promo -forum?!? Reading this bulls..t makes me very worried of the mental health of all participants.

Medical seminars in 10-20 years will call this as "collateral damages of the Covid restriction"

I hope to see one fine day some reasonable talks in this thread...and that should happen before "2026 Promotions"
intuition likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:51 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Obviously they grandfathered the Vantaan Sähkö contracts. Let's see what gives when my current one is up for renewal.
I never had a Vantaa contract I signed up with oomi 😂
Old Apr 6, 2021, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Talonmies
Hard to believe this is FlyerTalk/FinnairPlus/2021 Promo -forum?!? Reading this bulls..t makes me very worried of the mental health of all participants.

Medical seminars in 10-20 years will call this as "collateral damages of the Covid restriction"

I hope to see one fine day some reasonable talks in this thread...and that should happen before "2026 Promotions"
Given that there's is next to nothing to discuss about AY and our FT addiction, the AY corner developed into general Finland höpö-höpö.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 10:35 pm

Given that there's is next to nothing to discuss about AY and our FT addiction, the AY corner developed into general Finland höpö-höpö.

Hard to believe AY has not introduced some sort of promotion to keep customers engaged/earning/excited...

It has been very quiet, and there is indeed very little if any reason to get excited about with AY these days
on22cz likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 10:56 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Well if the industry is dead naturally it's silent. here.

What promos You have in mind? Buy ticket now and fly in 2026 ?
r2d2 and ffay005 like this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would think it's the same as it is (was?) with hotels. Hardly any promos, prices remained high (if the hotel stayed open) Anybody who stayed at hotels e.g. last spring simply had to, so they paid the going rate.

Same now, at least in Europe - people who fly, just have to fly, promos will not bring in new customers. (Yes, I know that some people have daily HEL-OUL runs )
Old Apr 7, 2021, 12:10 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black

True, but there are things an airline can do. Engage and activate the audience, even without actual flying.
One airline comes to mind, that tries actively to engage audience with news, events and offers to keep everyone longing for future travel.
Finnair is more in a dormant state. It is natural, there are no resources. But it might hurt when it is time to start things up again.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Engage and activate the audience, even without actual flying.
One airline comes to mind, that tries actively to engage audience with news, events and offers to keep everyone longing for future travel.
Live events are prohibited and if nothing happens then where does the news come from

And whats the power of offers when all destinations excl domestic are stupid nose digging games and paperwork.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 1:03 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
I would think it's the same as it is (was?) with hotels. Hardly any promos, prices remained high (if the hotel stayed open) Anybody who stayed at hotels e.g. last spring simply had to, so they paid the going rate.

Same now, at least in Europe - people who fly, just have to fly, promos will not bring in new customers. (Yes, I know that some people have daily HEL-OUL runs )
I'd say this applied last spring, but since summer (at the latest) I've been seeing a flow of promos across my hotel memberships (HH, ALL, BW). The prices have also been at least reasonable most of the times.
I've definitely felt more engagement from that side than from AY.

Originally Posted by intuition
True, but there are things an airline can do. Engage and activate the audience, even without actual flying.
Finnair is more in a dormant state. It is natural, there are no resources. But it might hurt when it is time to start things up again.
This! It feels like they just accepted that the industry is down and decided to wait. Their standard has become offering an extra piece of luggage for purchase to top tier customers and their creativity peaked with K-Market meals after similar concept of airplane food on the ground had already been launched by other airlines. It's not a bad thing to get inspired, but when it would be a better time to become creative and take some risk than when it's all deep in s**t.
If memory serves me well, AY took quite a leading step in status extension last spring, but that was just about it. Probably people with similar mindset as OH-LGG working there...

All that being said, AY has much more difficult situation than many other airlines, but that shouldn't be an excuse to justify giving up on efforts.
intuition and HotelWhiskey like this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 1:26 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black

There are hotels and there are HOTELS.

Nordic Choice has, after the initial chock, responded with creative rates and a flood of promotions during 2020. To name a few, "check-in office" (dayroom rate), longstay rates, conference room free of charge, 1 night free every 5 nights promo, 3x points promo, 4x points promo, 5x points promo, 20% discount on all gift certificates, 3x points promo on credit card spend, upgrades for free on certain rates, 2 for one in restaurant, ... , ...

There is a reason I am currently at 63 (!) nights since june 2020 and the last 2 months of the membership year doesn't look bad either.
cistavoda likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 1:44 am

Any promo really, does not have to be flying, but if they dont do something while others airlines do, they will lose some customers.

Even as a frequent flier without flights I am sure creative marketing can be done....

Say xx amount of Tier points for every xxx amount of spend on cobrand cards...

Or something else...

But just nothing is weak in my opinion.

​​​​​​Those who fly have to fly sure, but they sure as hell don't have to fly Finnair with ZERO benefits 😂😂😂😂🤷🏼‍♂️

I am booking flights now and as I have said before my flights are in the wind as I do not have to book with Finnair, they just don't offer ANY incentive to do so right now, sure 10k€ does NOT make or break an airline however if 10 or 100 or 1000 people think like me it adds up...

Domestic flight TPs X2/3/4 could be a nice promo or partner up with a hotel company in Finland offering 2000tps for a inroom dining staycation package 🤷🏼‍♂️

Feel free to use theseFinnairPlus_Ela 😂
Old Apr 7, 2021, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by on22cz
I'd say this applied last spring,
Yes, that's what I also wrote. But for the European airline industry it's the same - with entry restrictions/test requirements and last minute changes* to these, still only those fly who must.

Germany did quite a trick with their Easter Mallorca set by introducing negative test requirement while the crowd was already taking sun.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by on22cz
I Probably people with similar mindset as OH-LGG working there...
I just gave the facts that live events are prohibited and all destinations are under restrictions and extra paperwork. That is not my mindset, that's how things are right now.

If AY launches today AMS for 25€, I wouldnt go digging my nose at airports or pay for that höpöhöpö.
intuition likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.