Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 promotions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2021, 1:33 pm

Programs: AY Plat OWE
Maybe my kids and the dog have been eating too much during the Covid-19 days. I kind of collected and transferred monthly 30.000 points to AYPlus from K-plussa past 16 months or so. Hopefully there will be AY routes where to use those 600k+ accumulated AYPlus points, besides the 1000 point Royal Restaurant vouchers for local consumption.
cistavoda, FFlash, avermat and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 5:28 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
So, some good o/w prices on AY campaign email today. Like Dubai 130€ ow - but none that I see are available, lowest price is over 200€.
And if you try r/t, prices rocket up......? Waht do I miss here.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 5:33 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by sakari1707
So, some good o/w prices on AY campaign email today. Like Dubai 130€ ow - but none that I see are available, lowest price is over 200€.
And if you try r/t, prices rocket up......? Waht do I miss here.
Classic click and bait. I did not research but usually it's one or two dates at the price....

Honestly I HATE these oneway price ads as they never ever seem to materialize, and I need up booking elsewhere... Not sure who thinks this is a good way to get people to book, I for one hate false advertising and don't end up buying if price is not as advertised... Not just with AY but in general
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
A couple of rare good offers for shorthaul business class too. Like Barcelona 374€ return or Madrid 415€ return. On a flight of almost 4h these prices are actually pretty decent

https://www.finnair.com/en/offers
UpperDeck87K and kauppias like this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 8:16 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by haapalainen
A couple of rare good offers for shorthaul business class too. Like Barcelona 374€ return or Madrid 415€ return. On a flight of almost 4h these prices are actually pretty decent

But these "offers" are that höpöhöpö AY business (light)
Old Aug 17, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red

BCN priced out at €533 in Classic, I'd say that is still decent given that the route has been often priced ~€1000 before.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 3:26 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite

Yeah, good prices. But they are Iberia operated. Could that have something to do with it? Probably cheaper than their own staff. I don't know how that reflects on quality.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 4:15 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by srieppo
Yeah, good prices. But they are Iberia operated. Could that have something to do with it? Probably cheaper than their own staff. I don't know how that reflects on quality.
That’s exactly the main reason for that price. However, the price was so attractive that i decided to take a risk and jumped in! I just realized that the BLIGHT ticket didn’t include anything, no lounge, no priority security or check-in and no luggage without status.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 11:24 am

Hi,
Any idea / thoughts on whether Finnair will be having a points sale any time soon? Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2021, 12:51 am

Programs: Almost anything with six to twelve steps...
Originally Posted by seldomrfly
24K Intra europe seems true.
72K Intercontinental? Japan 90k, I just checked since I have award ticket with schedule change and saw an oppurtunity to cancel and rebook but no 72k to be seen.
Just booked two business class roundtrips to BKK at 128k points and 54€ in taxes per pax. I decent deal, IMHO. The only funny thing is the routings go through ARN, I guess those planes are pretty empty. Availability seems decent througout Spring '22.

Cheers,
T.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 1:21 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I booked now the last award flights in the current campaign. All in all quite good availability in SH J, in the beginning of the campaign were usually 3 seats available.

I am quite satisfied. Thanks FinnairPlus_Ela
FinnairPlus_Ela likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
The current campaign is extended to Friday due to IT problems. Which current campaign, I don't know, as there are 2 or 3 of them depending how you count: Canaries at 192€ in September, European sales, and award flights -20% discount.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 3:08 pm

I have booked a few award tickets tonight . Two tickets crashed at the payment stage, so I I'll have to call the poor Janicas at CS tomorrow. They can find the reservation, but they don't know how much taxes and points to charge you. (Happend when this - 20% campaign started, and obviously haven't payments worked properly for a month)
Then after payment link is sent you call them again when they charge too much points 😂 I know the the drill.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Jainzar
I booked now the last award flights in the current campaign. All in all quite good availability in SH J, in the beginning of the campaign were usually 3 seats available.

I am quite satisfied. Thanks FinnairPlus_Ela
Yeah, couple times to RHO. Availability of these awards was great.
FinnairPlus_Ela likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 11:41 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I was quite happy with the -20 % award promotion because there was a clear continuity to the previous -50 % points sellings. Personally I bought those 300k points and was a bit worried that they might get devalued somehow. But instead I got an extra -20 % if I wanted to use those points for award tickets. Very good. Especially when in these times flexibility is a virtue so booking an award ticket instead of a normal one keeps your options open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.