Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 promotions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:26 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
AY seems to be ready for price competition. For example AMS-HEL and DUS-HEL r/t now available for ~95 EUR within the current campaign. No problems with finding available dates.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:52 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Originally Posted by zxcv1
Lot of non-alcoholic beer available in bottles. The only alcohol you can find is one tap of Becks, some awful wine, and 4 bottles of stronger drinks (like Campari bitter). I never drink strong alcohol or know anything about them but I'd still say the selection isn't good. The beer tap is adjusted to too high a pressure creating 70% foam and 30% beer. I used two glasses, first get the pressure and foam out, and then quickly switch to the actual glass you drink from. The beer still isn't that good. Contract lounges at MUC have the beer sorted out with great choices, and having alcoholic beer bottles would already help a lot.
There was also Becks in bottles, alcohol version that is. And it was better than the tap version, I had exactly the same problem with foam.

Will experience MUC in next week, there seem to be two two choose, but is the other actually in NS side and not passable right now?

Yeah, muc that is

Last edited by Post Scriptum; Sep 18, 2021 at 11:38 am
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
There was also Becks in bottles, alcohol version that is. And it was better than the tap version, I had exactly the same problem with foam.
I remember seeing in some lounge (was it the HEL business lounge?) multiple taps of Pilsner Urquell configured for different ratios of foam. Maybe they mistakenly set the tap for “Šnyt”?

Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:15 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
MUN
I doubt AY has a contract lounge in Venezuela...
Flying Yazata likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 6:15 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Sorry for OT, but ship jumpers now have a second shot at 4x TP promo in the brother country.
https://www.sas.se/eurobonus/erbjuda...atusintjaning/
on22cz, Superrman and kauppias like this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 7:16 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by intuition
Sorry for OT, but ship jumpers now have a second shot at 4x TP promo in the brother country.
Might be a good time to use my voucher... too bad its only to january, my year resets end of jan...
Old Sep 27, 2021, 7:39 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
How about going Gold->Diamond (but maybe your profile is outdated?)
Old Sep 27, 2021, 8:10 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
And now Norway is also open, if someone wants to hop around in more picturesque surroundings🙃 (Just be careful of public sponsored WF routes!)
FFlash likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 8:19 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
How about going Gold->Diamond (but maybe your profile is outdated?)
if referring to me yes I have gold but with zero points in 2021 to SAS so there would be a decent climb and I am allready booked on enough flights to get AF platinum Ultimate so going for EBD before Jan is not realistic 😄😄 now if my year started in Oct then I would go for it but as is timing is not optimal 😄😄
Old Sep 27, 2021, 8:33 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
If SK now targeted all AY Plats and Lumos with a status challenge, giving EBG for 3 months to fly through this 4x TP promo without losing main benefits on the flights, they would potentially convert many from the vegan party.

4-6 EU returns with connections to make it to EBD is an interesting offer. What is AY going to offer at this stage?
They missed a chance to recognise Award legs to count for status, they haven't really made any incentives for flying more to earn status...except matching the LCC concept. Will it be enough?
esledo and kauppias like this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by on22cz
If SK now targeted all AY Plats and Lumos with a status challenge, giving EBG for 3 months to fly through this 4x TP promo without losing main benefits on the flights, they would potentially convert many from the vegan party.

4-6 EU returns with connections to make it to EBD is an interesting offer. What is AY going to offer at this stage?
They missed a chance to recognise Award legs to count for status, they haven't really made any incentives for flying more to earn status...except matching the LCC concept. Will it be enough?

Soooooo.... they say Nälkä kasvaa syödessä (ones appetite grows 2hile eating) so I started calculating all one would need is one RT in J from. HEL TO LAX to get EBD thats just crazy.... one RT in plus would get you Gold 😄😄😄
intuition and on22cz like this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Originally Posted by kauppias
Soooooo.... they say Nälkä kasvaa syödessä (ones appetite grows 2hile eating) so I started calculating all one would need is one RT in J from. HEL TO LAX to get EBD thats just crazy.... one RT in plus would get you Gold 😄😄😄
Yes this must be one of the easiest qualifications for a Star Gold ever. All you need is one Transatlantic return in Premium Economy with a feeder, so for example HEL-CPH-ORD and back.
kauppias likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Somehow this promo makes me think that SK is in even more dire straits than AY is
Old Sep 27, 2021, 12:12 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I used to get pretty much 7500 points for a intra-Europe return flying via 2 SK hubs in Plus Saver as EBG. So 3 return flights of that kind make EBD albeit around 40 points are missing due to rounding errors.

Too bad that SK doesn’t have anything interesting on offer for me before end of February. And god knows if this will really happen.

Last edited by Jainzar; Sep 27, 2021 at 12:37 pm
Old Sep 27, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Somehow this promo makes me think that SK is in even more dire straits than AY is
I don‘t know what the situation is over there currently.

But I can tell that at least they are in worse state regarding bringing the regular qualifications back. They tell 2-3 months in advance before the end of the qualification period if they waive the requirements for requalification. Because you can get TP through CC it is difficult to lower the requirements. This is horrible. With this system you need these TP campaigns.

I have 0 *A flights in my current tracking period and I came to the conclusion that the number won‘t change. I gamble on my EBD requalification without flying.
FFlash likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.