Wiki Posts
Search

2021 promotions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2021, 4:04 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by srieppo
NOV20 deal in Finnair Blue Wings
Three point buyers interviewed. Why not also interviewed three who did not buy.
FFlash likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 8:54 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Not short of cash... 200k for me and 200k for spouse for slightly more than 3k€. Might be useful later, or not.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by TTL
Not short of cash... 200k for me and 200k for spouse for slightly more than 3k€. Might be useful later, or not.
That's 375 EUR for a longhaul upgrade. Or 225 EUR + tax for a European return ticket in Y. Not bad value at all.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 4:10 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ffay005
That's 375 EUR for a longhaul upgrade. Or 225 EUR + tax for a European return ticket in Y. Not bad value at all.
With 0.77 eur cents/point, as currently on offer, that's 385 eur for Europe return in business - or 192.5 eur return to "North Europe" e.g. CPH in business. I'm not sure about the economy tickets though; e.g. HEL-MUC return is 143 eur every day until 31OCT21 if book now while business is 753 eur. Maybe I need to reconsider my opinion about the value. The points' value is higher still during the Christmas season. Still, might be good to wait for another 0.64 eur cents/point offer, which could be expected to come once a year (320 eur award return in Europe business).
Old Mar 5, 2021, 2:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by zxcv1
With 0.77 eur cents/point, as currently on offer, that's 385 eur for Europe return in business - or 192.5 eur return to "North Europe" e.g. CPH in business. I'm not sure about the economy tickets though; e.g. HEL-MUC return is 143 eur every day until 31OCT21 if book now while business is 753 eur. Maybe I need to reconsider my opinion about the value. The points' value is higher still during the Christmas season. Still, might be good to wait for another 0.64 eur cents/point offer, which could be expected to come once a year (320 eur award return in Europe business).
I really wouldn't expect a 0.64 offer again given Finnair's cash position. Maybe if they are planning a devaluation or something.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by zxcv1
One might consider the value of 143€ revenue ticket upgraded with purchased points. (a small amount earned back on the underlying fare + eligible legs)
zxcv1 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 5:36 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
So Finnair where is the double points campaign for the summer SK has 4x campaign going on, and even though I really despise SK being a former EBD it looks like EBD for 2 years might be easily doable 😂

With no promos AY wise there is very little downside to booking J with SK. No lounges, no service or very limited service onboard, so why not get onboard with promos atleast to get those who fly some reason to choose one over the other. sKs 4x promos is several months long 👍
Old Mar 29, 2021, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
So Finnair where is the double points campaign for the summer
Double points where ? KUO and OUL ?
Old Mar 29, 2021, 8:49 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Double points where ? KUO and OUL ?
Why not or those who can fly elsewhere can book those flights...

There were not many options the last time either

It certainly won't LOSE them any business to do a campaign

SK is doing 4x points and 4x segments so some promo would be nice...

I have to fly in May so I may be in the minority here but I also know many who still fly regularly so might as well make it more fruitful to book AY salad days vs SK or LH just my 3 cents worth
Old Mar 29, 2021, 2:19 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Soo...
Not only have you had 2,5 years or whatever to collect segments, a decently working domestic route network, a europeean route network that at least in comparison to e.g. SK has worked most of the time, incidence numbers low enough to allow you to go to several EU countries for almost all of the pandemic
AND you still need quadruple miles/segments?

Sorry to say, Finns based in Finland has had comaratively good opportunities to fly Finnair. I think if Finnair launches a 4x segments now, the membership base will be 100% Finns, 100% in Lumo tier
cistavoda likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 2:30 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Personally I am looking for a 147x promo, valid for old bookings.
Granted a few minor caveats disappear (like being allowed to go to my airport without a PCR test in june, and Finnair actually operates CPH-HEL in june for non-Finns) then a 147x promo plus the 3k points I accumulated back in 2019 will get me over the threshold for renewal!
Old Mar 29, 2021, 6:00 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
I wouldn't mind if they dropped or eased the requirements to sit in AY metal for Lumo just this once. Not accepting the bonus TP of the Nov-20 point sale towards Lumo was low. All my OW tier points are essentially being wasted when credited to AY+, and the lifetime milestones are a joke. Well, achieving Lumo would be a waste anyway in the current climate. How can it be that AY Plats get absolutely nothing at the main AY hub and flagship base of HEL, not even a bottle of water, while e.g. QR gives you Plaza Premium at HEL? -- edit, isn't the plaza premium closed nowadays too? Well, at least you used to get that while AY gave you absolutely nothing.
esledo, Clydez, kauppias and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 10:51 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
On Lumo hunt topic, I have met two newly minted Lumo strangers onboard OUL coming to me for talks when they saw my bag.
”Hey nice bag! I just qualified for Lumo” and so on

So, not impossible but takes some perseverance and love for OUL
kauppias likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 11:05 pm

Those who fly now for Lumo with zero service and ATR they are real heroes.
r2d2, ffay005, florens and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Soo...
Not only have you had 2,5 years or whatever to collect segments, a decently working domestic route network, a europeean route network that at least in comparison to e.g. SK has worked most of the time, incidence numbers low enough to allow you to go to several EU countries for almost all of the pandemic
AND you still need quadruple miles/segments?

Sorry to say, Finns based in Finland has had comaratively good opportunities to fly Finnair. I think if Finnair launches a 4x segments now, the membership base will be 100% Finns, 100% in Lumo tier

Had I not already flown 200k towards LUMO when this crap hit I would have gladly done the domestic hops for a segment qualification But basically starting from zero again after doing 50% seems silly 😁😁

I was hoping for a PROMO not necessarily a 4x promo just staying what SK was offering

The status points purchase promo was nice but did not work for me either since it did not qualify as AY ...

Wishful thinking but I do think SOME kind of promo is in order for AY! Others may disagree

OT I think I have flown domestically on AY ONCE to Vaasa 😁😁 when Malev went belly up
intuition likes this.

Last edited by kauppias; Mar 30, 2021 at 4:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.