Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2020, 2:21 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Normally I stay out of airport and aircrafts in the summertime but I have never flown in the summer as much as this summer. (40+ flights)

COVID was no issue. Double Points Promo was the issue.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 12:12 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Removing temporarily the 100 AY segments requirement for Lumo achievment or renewal would be great.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 12:52 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Jaenks
Removing temporarily the 100 AY segments requirement for Lumo achievment or renewal would be great.
Why? It would further destroy the tier.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 12:56 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Spare a thought for the "300k+ TP mostly from OW flights" folks too! 350k TP needs to come from AY...
Old Feb 1, 2021, 1:01 pm

Everyone had extra 18 months tracking period so Lumo should be 400 segments and 1 million points now.
r2d2 and cistavoda like this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 2:41 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by cistavoda
Why? It would further destroy the tier.
Reducing the benefis and lack of the possibility to use them destroys the tier.
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Everyone had extra 18 months tracking period so Lumo should be 400 segments and 1 million points now.
Would you do it voluntarily as for example? If yes, you might be in hurry, that 18 (months) could go higher.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 11:41 pm

Reducing the benefis and lack of the possibility to use them destroys the tier.
This is of course true. However I don't believe that making tiers easier to achieve is the right thing to do when it's either impossible or not fun to travel. I think extensions as they have been done now have been the right way to do it which by itself is like lowering the limit but still requiring effort.

What comes to LGG's 400 segment idea.... Well. That would be too much for us who are just getting used to the idea of segment running.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 12:24 am

What comes to LGG's 400 segment idea.... Well. That would be too much for us who are just getting used to the idea of segment running.
Why? It's only maths:
12 months 150 segments
6+6 months: 150 segments
6 months: 100 segments.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Why? It's only maths:
12 months 150 segments
6+6 months: 150 segments
6 months: 100 segments.
75 segments per year is enough for me, especially with lounges closed. (Although I'm sure my liver is happier this way)
SPBanker likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 2:25 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
75 segments per year is enough for me, especially with lounges closed. (Although I'm sure my liver is happier this way)
So no Lumo by longhaul segments anymore?!
What are we going to do with all the money from Eurojackpot? I added €15 to my winnings the other week so we are on track for target.
r2d2 and cistavoda like this.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by intuition
So no Lumo by longhaul segments anymore?!
I think that the idea is that you get Lumo by points by flying 720 segments in Light to ARN and OUL.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
So i made it. Just when the whole thing is devalued ect.
At least i have now OWE guaranteed until march 2025 which was the main point. Also the chance of having a holiday in Thailand with few detour flying, so the process wasn't that bad.
Was it worth it? Time will tell.

Maybe im secretly hoping OW will make new top tier or someone like QR status matching.
r2d2, temppa, cistavoda and 7 others like this.

Last edited by Jorma; Mar 21, 2022 at 7:51 am Reason: 2025 with normal Platsku, Lumo is march 2024
Old Mar 21, 2022, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Jorma
At least i have now OWE guaranteed until march 2024 which was the main point. Also the chance of having a holiday in Thailand with few detour flying, so the process wasn't that bad.

Maybe im secretly hoping OW will make new top tier or someone like QR status matching.
Welcome to the true idiots' club!
FFlash, kauppias and zxcv1 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Jorma
At least i have now OWE guaranteed until march 2025 which was the main point. Also the chance of having a holiday in Thailand with few detour flying, so the process wasn't that bad.

Well I am not 100% sure anymore that OWE would be guaranteed past LUMO period...

Ay devaluation train is full speed ahead right into a dead end wall....
Old Mar 21, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Congrats! I've been thinking about it. Sitting with 40/150 segments and 152/450k points now, 9months to go. Lumo would need either some good 2* promo with actual possibility to fly or serious pain in the butt leg gringing. Right now i don't see the value there (no PW, nothing special to eat onboard, no bmw, no champagne in shengen lounge) but it could change when things open up. And this could be the one chance since I find the grind from the start too demanding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.