Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by intuition
If they put ATR on DEL-route there will be many hours of fun for Lumos
How many flatbeds would fit into an ATR? It could be a copy of BA's LCY-JFK service
florens likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Originally Posted by spek

LUMO, with tier miles, 0 corporate or paid trips
You must be wealthy and have lots of extra time!
Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:13 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by niksal

You must be wealthy and have lots of extra time!
I guess someone who buys a summerhouse like 300k€ and works in that work camp every weekend from April to October is also wealthy and really having a lot of extra time.
ffay005, Trav1970, FFlash and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
I guess someone who buys a summerhouse like 300k€ and works in that work camp every weekend from April to October is also wealthy and really having a lot of extra time.
While I understand your point and I don’t disagree with you, the summerhouse you have for many years and is most likely worth a high percentage of the money invested after the years.

I have also decided not to have a summerhouse and rather travel. But I could still never afford Lumo on my own expense, nor could I spend the required time away from my family.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
wealth is not the topic here, at all
yes, had some time to try it out
not sure shall i do it again like that
Old Sep 8, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others

So it's included your salary.

Anyway you have employer-paid Lumo, its tax free benefit for you. Huge compensation.
Someone may have that view. I don’t. My commutes are currently not direct point to point flights, and door to door closer to 24 hours twice a month is not unusual. So close to 48h per month is around 576h per year. This equates to more than 3 months work hours. I view Lumo as a nice benefit but it is in no way worth this many hours.
spek likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Of course you have negotiated those 576 hrs are included in your salary and you are travelling during work hours and these hours are paid.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Of course you have negotiated those 576 hrs are included in your salary and you are travelling during work hours and these hours are paid.
If that would be the case in general in Finland, we would need a Kiky ^ 10 to regain competitive edge
Only in one company I have worked travel time has been compensated as it was invoiced from the customer-> hence any hours added gained you some extra hours in time sheets. For a normal point-point pendeler, regular office day begins between 5 and 7 and ends up between 20-23, i.e on average 16h or so, 8 hours extra. Multiple it by 4-10, you end up to (on average) 50h/month that is a 30% increase to "standard office hours". If anyone has been able to get a 30% raise because of traveling, please inform of that company so others could also apply

Naturally there are positions that require travel, for those the initial negotiation position is better but I would say in 95% jobs, travel "requirement" is more a less a soft requirement and in no way negotiation leverage.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
LUMO, with tier miles, 0 corporate or paid trips
Here too. 100% hobbyist. I guess the few of us are all on FT.

On another subject, I wonder if anyone here knows what the segments vs points Lumo split is? Is one more common, or are they about equal?
spek likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:59 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
Here too. 100% hobbyist. I guess the few of us are all on FT.

On another subject, I wonder if anyone here knows what the segments vs points Lumo split is? Is one more common, or are they about equal?
I don't think anyone on the "outside" knows.

I am firmly in the 80/20 camp for segments/points quota, believing most Lumos are commuters. Others think the opposite. Your guess is as good as anyone's!
Old Sep 9, 2019, 4:05 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
If that would be the case in general in Finland, we would need a Kiky ^ 10 to regain competitive edge
Only in one company I have worked travel time has been compensated as it was invoiced from the customer-> hence any hours added gained you some extra hours in time sheets. For a normal point-point pendeler, regular office day begins between 5 and 7 and ends up between 20-23, i.e on average 16h or so, 8 hours extra. Multiple it by 4-10, you end up to (on average) 50h/month that is a 30% increase to "standard office hours". If anyone has been able to get a 30% raise because of traveling, please inform of that company so others could also apply

Naturally there are positions that require travel, for those the initial negotiation position is better but I would say in 95% jobs, travel "requirement" is more a less a soft requirement and in no way negotiation leverage.
On a theoretical level, if you knew about travel when taking the job, the travel time is included in the salary. I.e. if the job requires X and pays Y, then clearly Y is compensation for anything included in X, even travel outside working hours.

And I guess to a hobbyist, any company travel is paid/compensated in some way.

But I do get the soft requirement aspect. It is not as black and white as in theory. For instance, I guess a lot of working people and especially white collar have a generic overtime clause saying overtime is included in base pay.
Personally, I have some extra paid vacation time to compensate any unpaid overtime that might occur. While this is a good incentive to keep overtime down, it is also a rubber-band clause. If the work suddenly requires some new tasks or travels, the deal quickly turns bad.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I needed 70 segments to reach Lumo, 19 long-haul and 51 short-haul segments. About 93% of the points required to reach the Lumo points threshold came from the long-haul bookings, including the connectors. Took 9 months and a strong focus on selecting OneWorld for the long-haul travels (always with AY code, if possible). Being self-employed, most of these travels can be classified as work related, but with additional flexibility of not being tied to an employer regarding time lines and travel patterns. But also meaning that nobody but me pays for my travel time, with the exception of some customers, but I don't usually even make an attempt to invoice for the travel time, as that does not work well with my work concept.
NoWindowSeat, Furry and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
Quite quiet here - anyone reaching LUMO soon ?
Old Sep 27, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Quite quiet here - anyone reaching LUMO soon ?
Does renewal for the second time count?
SPBanker likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Trav1970
Does renewal for the second time count?
for sure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.