Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2019, 2:34 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK *A Gold
Originally Posted by miikka
What happens after one reaches Lumo? It is now four weeks after I reached it, the only visible thing is the status changed in the website, vouchers, Gold gift cards etc. but nothing in email or letters - no welcome or other kind of acknowledgment that I reached it (the promotion emails and upcoming flight information emails show the status properly). Website congratulates me for renewing my Lumo status although this is my first time I reached it but that is just AY IT having fun with me.

I was expecting that there would be some kind of email, order instructions for the Lumo welcome gift or something - are they just very slow with these or am I missing now something completely? Maybe they wait until the month changes and then run the check for any new Lumos among their customers?
Same thing with me reaching Plat for the first time in July. No emails here either. Would be a nice gesture and I remember receiving one when I reached Gold?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: AY Platinum
I think it would be nice if such emails would show up when achieving any status. Even reaching silver is a big stretch for many and I'm sure an email acknowledging it would be appreciated. And wouldn't cost anything to send. Also, some kind of "almost there" communication, thanking for loyalty and encouraging to reach the next threshold wouldn't hurt either.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: AY LUMO
It's horrible how Finnair treats their own Top Tier customers.

It that was my business I would call person how is going to reach Lumo soon or is very close to it "So we are here monitoring that You're to going to be our Lumo, We are here for You and we'll contact right after You are our Lumo"

And Finnair is not even posting a letter to new Lumos.
ffay005 and Dieselross like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
You'll get an envelope in the mail, a new Lumo card and a luggage label in a cardboard holder. That's about it.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
So they no longer give out the Tumi bags to new Lumos?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
In the online account info I can see following along the vouchers: “Lumo welcome gift”. There is just no way to order it.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:33 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Not surprising as Lumo has become an everyman's card
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by intuition
Not surprising as Lumo has become an everyman's card
I wonder if they have already doubled their initial amount of Lumos. I didn’t exactly expect to reach Lumo but then it just kind of happened.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:43 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I wouldn't be surprised if they find themselves surprised by the increasing number of Lumos...
ffay005 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by deissi
So they no longer give out the Tumi bags to new Lumos?
They do, it's just not part of the welcome package.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:17 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by miikka
What happens after one reaches Lumo? It is now four weeks after I reached it, the only visible thing is the status changed in the website, vouchers, Gold gift cards etc. but nothing in email or letters - no welcome or other kind of acknowledgment that I reached it (the promotion emails and upcoming flight information emails show the status properly). Website congratulates me for renewing my Lumo status although this is my first time I reached it but that is just AY IT having fun with me.

I was expecting that there would be some kind of email, order instructions for the Lumo welcome gift or something - are they just very slow with these or am I missing now something completely? Maybe they wait until the month changes and then run the check for any new Lumos among their customers?
how fast did your status update and did u instantly get the vouchers etc?
My last flights were just yesterday and I was hoping to get Lumo asap for upcoming upgrade needs, but now my problem is that those 3 last flights were all upgraded legs which are notoriously not posting without re-claim.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by FFlash

My last flights were just yesterday and I was hoping to get Lumo asap for upcoming upgrade needs, but now my problem is that those 3 last flights were all upgraded legs which are notoriously not posting without re-claim.
In my case, the status changed immediately and all upgrades showed up too. Just give CS a call and they can register the missing flights and off you go. However, also in my case, it’s been more than 4 weeks since the status change and no communication whatsoever from Finnair. When sorting out a minor challenge related to a reservation, CS kindly guided me to call the Lumo line which turned out to be a perk that most likely will keep me allocating sufficient amount of flights to Finnair also moving forward.

Just comparing to my bank, car dealer, some of the restaurants I like to visit, etc. who all have had their very much unique, personal and nice ways to appreciate the customer relationship and journey we have had together, I must say I’m amazed by the fact Finnair just ignores the opportunity to touch base with a customer who apparently is amongst their most frequent ones and also brings nice 50+ kilo euros of revenue in on an annual basis. I don’t expect gifts or freebies or being treated as a king, but a simple email or phone call would at least in my case go a long way.
on22cz, Steve_Hun and kanamurva like this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by intuition
I wouldn't be surprised if they find themselves surprised by the increasing number of Lumos...
I believe they have had a pretty accurate view on the amount of the potential Lumos. Firstly, they have been asking their long term Plat members how much they fly outside of the alliance just to know their own share of wallet and hence asses the potential of increasing the share through increased loyalt. The questionnaire has been there for years already (as a market research). Also, there’s been no major change in business increasing e.g. reason to fly more SHs other than Nordea HQ relocation most probably also driving traffic between Helsinki, STO and CPH. Perhaps some now focusing on AY instead of flying also with SAS (while companies most probably do their utmost to make those decisions on behalf of their staff for efficiencies). Talking about economy and overall trends, companies rather reducing traveling than the opposite. Then, the amount of FTalkers (and the likes) following their heart to collect the needed segments...

Old Aug 31, 2019, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Like OHKRT mentioned, after the status changes, the vouchers, Gold card gifts and Lumo welcome gift appeared to the benefits list immediately. Also the app content changed immediately and started to promote the new email address and phone number for Lumo service.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 3:23 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by OHKRT

I believe they have had a pretty accurate view on the amount of the potential Lumos. Firstly, they have been asking their long term Plat members how much they fly outside of the alliance just to know their own share of wallet ...

OK. I never been targeted with this share of wallet research, but that says nothing about how vwidespread the research is.

But I would argue that such research is of limited value, for multiple reasons. First the usual suspects - which customer types chose to answer and how does that affect the sample, are they correct or even honest in their self assesment.

But major flaw is that share of wallet has little bearing on the future. It is a historic number and travel budget and destination can change rapidly. And it says nothing about the propensity to alter travel. You may know that your platinums has x % travel on competing airlines, but you don't know if they are able or even willing to move that share to you for a BMW ride to the ATR.

Finally, the intended group is infinitesimal to begin with. 30 FT'ers running, or nut running, for lumo affects the total number ±10%. In all other tiers we are invisible...

I guess we will never know, but perhaps future program changes will be a tell tale. Will they add more perks to lumo or will they water it down?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.