Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by Some person
Flying Lufthansa via Venezuela (MUN) to San Francisco? Why do you prefer that strange routing?
Just a typo I guess. It's certainly MUC rather than MUN.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by FlyeBye
Just a typo I guess. It's certainly MUC rather than MUN.
Typo, indeed. Venezuela is nowadays not the place for a regular FTer :-)
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
0 out of 2 for limo rides now. Despite the crew having contacted the airport well in advance, in the end I had to enter the bus at the gate for transfer. It was the same story at the gate again, "the line's busy", "nobody's picking up". Let's hope that next week I will finally get my first ride when flying out with one of the 330s.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
0 out of 2 for limo rides now. Despite the crew having contacted the airport well in advance, in the end I had to enter the bus at the gate for transfer. It was the same story at the gate again, "the line's busy", "nobody's picking up". Let's hope that next week I will finally get my first ride when flying out with one of the 330s.
I think that you will get disappointed on the hit rate. I have had 2 limo rides this year out of 20 possible occurrences. So please expect not to be served often.

Old Apr 13, 2019, 2:01 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JustFlyer

I think that you will get disappointed on the hit rate. I have had 2 limo rides this year out of 20 possible occurrences. So please expect not to be served often.

Wow...just utterly disappointing SLA delivery...why bother to ”promise” something to your top 0,01% (or whatever small portion Lumotics are..) if you fail 90% of the time..
Old Apr 13, 2019, 2:35 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
I'd estimate my BMW ride success rate at 60-70%, which isn't that bad considering they only operate 1 car at a time. More detailed analysis would probably show significant difference between busy and standard periods of day. So if somebody is only flying during the busy periods, I can see why the success rate is so low.
Need to say it again - this is a nice extra perk (when it works), but there are more important things in taking care of 100-200 most loyal customers which AY fails in.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
On my last flight out of HELSINKI, I got the BMW treatment. I asked the driver how many trips they do on an average day. No surprise the answer was that it varies between a few to dozens, with Monday (+Sunday) and Friday being the busiest. After this reply I of course realised that I had just performed a “nollatutkimus”.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Limo success rate just went up to 50%. Both times it was a long haul flight, HEL-NGO and NGO-HEL. I have to say that the status recognition is nice, in particular on the return flight the crew was treating me like a VIP. Truly excellent, personal service. This is making me reconsider the original plan to drop back to plain platinum next year.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Truly excellent, personal service. This is making me reconsider the original plan to drop back to plain platinum next year.
If only it wasn't hit&miss both onboard and in contact with CS. It feels like they operate in unpredictable cycles (or is it AY Eagle making the difference?) which makes me thinking it's much better to spend on AY just enough for Platinum and then enjoy some *A for variety.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Limo success rate just went up to 50%.
Now that a good portion of the (especially domestic) ATR flights went to the new commuter pier it should free up drivers and cars for other flights, especially at peak times.

The schlep from the very end of the T1 to anywhere else is however something I'd gladly use a BMW for ...
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Walking keeps you in shape after massive lounge and onboard offerings. No need for leather seater BMW.
remymartin, FFlash and juhanh like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Walking keeps you in shape after massive lounge and onboard offerings. No need for leather seater BMW.
while on topic, LGG do they provide you a newspaper already inside BMW?
Old May 5, 2019, 5:39 am

Finally got Lumo!

Hi guys! Now I can happily tell you that I finally managed to get the Lumo tier! Opened my Finnair App last night and there it was!

Interesting to see how this affects the quality of the service, both onboard and by the ground staff. Also did a preliminary booking for a reward trip (with points) for Christmas season - no reward flights were available but let’s see if Lumo status helps in getting the tickets anyway...

Can’t wait for my next flights in a couple of days
ffay005, OH-LGG, Cupart and 4 others like this.
Old May 5, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Welcome to the hood! Enjoy the ride(s)!
Old May 5, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
Email CS with the dates and flights you want for award bookings when you don't see them available online.
Cupart and FFlash like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.