FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   New Lumo in da house! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1906170-new-lumo-da-house.html)

FlyingFinn Apr 26, 2018 5:05 am

New Lumo in da house!

So, today's OUL-HEL was my 150th qualifying segment. OH-LGG witnessed this happy occurrence from an aisle seat next to me.

So I guess I'm Lumo now. Although considering Finnair's track record for speedy posting I wonder when it'll be official. I've got flights on 28.4, 1.5 and 3.5 coming up and it will be interesting to see what kind of a difference (if any) it makes.

My qualification period runs until the end of May and I have another 9 flights before the end...

NoWindowSeat Apr 26, 2018 5:07 am

You guys are totally crazy and Lumo blind for sure but congrats nevertheless, truly hope you see some reward for your time and money spent in running back and forth👍

OH-LGG Apr 26, 2018 5:36 am

Insane!

But I was just there on that aisle seat coming from OUL. :p

OUL Crew also Lumoued so much that we were invited to Arlanda next.

SPBanker Apr 26, 2018 7:27 am

Congratulations! Magnificent! Otherwise, I am kinda speechless...

napapiiri Apr 26, 2018 7:40 am

Welcome!

FFlash Apr 26, 2018 11:26 am

so lumoying! Congrats! That sounds mych more brave than my record of being the frequent flier with most status miles on TK for one year :D which is only a silly detail compared to a pervert idiotism of 150 butt-in-AY contest

ffay005 Apr 26, 2018 2:42 pm

Congratulations! I hope you will be reporting about your Lumo treatment in future. ^

Out of curiosity: How much extra did you need to fly to reach the threshold? I'm assuming you were close enough, and then took some extra flights to reach Lumo.

FlyingFinn Apr 26, 2018 10:52 pm

Thank you everyone!

So far my first morning as Lumo didn't really stand out from any other morning - woke up tired, it was foggy outside and no breakfast in bed. And the Finnair App thinks I'm still a Plat with two flights to go to Lumohood.

Originally Posted by ffay005 (Post 29687244)
Congratulations! I hope you will be reporting about your Lumo treatment in future. ^

Yes, was planning to. Very curious to see it myself too.

Originally Posted by ffay005 (Post 29687244)
Out of curiosity: How much extra did you need to fly to reach the threshold? I'm assuming you were close enough, and then took some extra flights to reach Lumo.

Your assumptions are right. When this thing was announced back in January I thought I had pretty much finalized my travel plans until the end of the May - they would leave me with around 120 qualifying segments (having requalified as Plat the day before Christmas). Well, since the extra 30 segments wasn't *that* much (on paper, trying to fit them into my calendar was another matter...) I figured I'd bite the bullet and do it. Ended up booking a bunch of extra flights too in order to cover for any irrops and shenanigans etc.

on22cz Apr 27, 2018 12:55 am

Congratulations! Great achievement indeed. Are you actually the first known segment-earned Lumotic?

Helsinki Flyer Apr 27, 2018 1:10 am

Originally Posted by on22cz (Post 29688799)
Congratulations! Great achievement indeed. Are you actually the first known segment-earned Lumotic?

Lumotic! I like that one.

on22cz Apr 27, 2018 1:15 am

Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer (Post 29688824)
Lumotic! I like that one.

Just seeing from another thread it was actually supposed to be Lumonatic - and credits belong to NoWindowSeat.

FlyingFinn Apr 29, 2018 12:02 pm

So the last two segments posted during the night and I'm now officially a Lumo.

Not many fanfares yet, but I indeed got 8 + 4 upgrade certificates. And that other thread is absolutely right - upgrade availability seems to really have gone downhill a lot. Managed to only spend one shorthaul cert for a confirmed upgrade plus waitlist another one. In addition managed two confirmed longhaul upgrades and waitlisted another one so that's better.

I've got a bunch of flights I'd like to upgrade so I guess I'll call in tomorrow and ask about waitlisting those - web gives no option for doing so for these flights.

I've got quite a few HEL-CPH/ARN trips which do have upgrade availability but well, seems a bit of a waste to use the certs on these when I've got LHR/CDG/FRA/TXL bubblin' under too...

napapiiri Apr 29, 2018 12:08 pm

Based on my experience, all my requested upgrades have cleared almost instantly. Don't waste them on CPH/ARN.

WilcoRoger Apr 29, 2018 9:09 pm

To the OP - Welcome to Lumonatic club!

I must say that 150 segments (in any booking class) crosses into inhumane working conditions territory...

Word of warning - if you have AY branded credit card, they may mightily fck up the renewal. At least they did it for me.

FlyingFinn Apr 30, 2018 1:05 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger (Post 29697703)
I must say that 150 segments (in any booking class) crosses into inhumane working conditions territory...

Dude, I flew 230 segments in 2017. Most of them in economy, and quite a significant portion on Norra ATRs and the like. I know all about it :)

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger (Post 29697703)
Word of warning - if you have AY branded credit card, they may mightily fck up the renewal. At least they did it for me.

I do - three of them in fact :). Let's see, at least the status updated online and in the app just fine and that's (almost) all that matters.