Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2024, 9:57 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I had way better treatment onboard and on the ground as Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate then I did as LUMO, no bag and "only" 4 upgrades from PE to J or 2 from Y to J but those cleared IMMEDIATELY, but still felt more appreciated there, hence why I am also on track to regain ULTI there and "only" plat here at ay for one more time. Only benefits I will miss is the snack in Y though I prefer to avoid ay short haul and the schengen space but again if I avoid ay shorthaul I am fine there too 😀
vulle and spek like this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by mpkz
Probably providing "uber VIP" service to people who are worried about qualifying for Plat under spend-based would not be the most profitable strategy..

For me, nothing special about Lumo. Qualified once under 3x points and then again after a crazy year of travel, this year will drop to Plat luckily. 100% success rate with upgrades, but that happened already. Slightly more attention from FAs than as a Plat, but I place no value on that. Got a bag that I use but would not have paid much for, and appreciate the extra space in the Schengen lounge. But nicest of all were the upgrade vouchers as well as occasionally inviting multiple people to the lounge.

Of course, the key thing is expectations. People here come in expecting luxury and benefits for themselves whereas the people Lumo is aimed at expect convenience and benefits for family. So there is a disconnect in expectations, which then leads to disappointment.

I hope I will not have to qualify for an "ultra elite" tier ever again, but if I did, Lumo seems to be better than most European alternatives, excluding maybe HON Circle.
The first sentence I don't really get. AY introduced an über-VIP level for "triple-Platinum" flyers - not the ones worrying about Pat qualification, I guess. Then let it just go down to a "slightly better" Plat. It seems that otherwise you used the same perks as I did.

I can wholeheartedly understand your hope of "not having to qualify..." At one point in the previous decade I made Asian bounces twice a month. Even in C it was anything but fun...
Ed Size likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.