Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2023, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Besstrashny Boug
currently 29000 tier points short of Lumo renewal. thinking about converting award points to achieve it as no flights are anticipated before the qualification period ends.

I may not be flying much myself next year with AY but when what do i need the aging points for anyway? maybe will fly some fam...

Any thoughts?
It wouldn't even register as an option not to do it for me. Those vouchers alone you get are more valuable than the points you'll use to keep Lumo and you can use the vouchers on fam too. Do it!
Besstrashny Boug likes this.
Old May 29, 2023, 12:33 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by cheesyfeet
It wouldn't even register as an option not to do it for me. Those vouchers alone you get are more valuable than the points you'll use to keep Lumo and you can use the vouchers on fam too. Do it!
Not to mention that as of 1 June, the vouchers are more valuable than ever.
Besstrashny Boug likes this.
Old May 29, 2023, 12:47 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by lkrt
Not to mention that as of 1 June, the vouchers are more valuable than ever.
only valuable if one can get them to clear but face value increases sure
r2d2 and intuition like this.
Old May 29, 2023, 2:24 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by lkrt
the vouchers are more valuable than ever.
Like AY tickets.
kauppias likes this.
Old May 29, 2023, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by kauppias
only valuable if one can get them to clear but face value increases sure
Face value is important - Hungary knows all about it. This is the hundred-quintillion (10E20) banknote

Just two months later the exhange rate to the newly introduced forint was 1 Ft = 4×10E29 P, while the total amount of currency in circulation was just 7,6x10E26 P

So Topi still has some way to go
Old May 30, 2023, 11:43 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat Lumo

Here's to bunch of vouchers that I'm maybe able to use and the hope of soft landing to plat!
Old May 31, 2023, 6:08 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by GeeTee77

Here's to bunch of vouchers that I'm maybe able to use and the hope of soft landing to plat!
If they have cut soft landing we should start a "New basic in da house!" thread.
r2d2, GeeTee77, FFlash and 2 others like this.
Old May 31, 2023, 10:17 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by GeeTee77

Soft landing is still there as of today.
r2d2, ffay005, SPBanker and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 11:19 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by SuloL
Soft landing is still there as of today.
Does it feel soft and nice or hard and tough?😂
kauppias likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 2:08 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by FFlash
Does it feel soft and nice or hard and tough?😂
Looking for a therapist as we speak! If this was 300 years ago, this would be equivalent of stripping a man of his titles, holdings and land, I believe.

I’m expecting the psychological toll to be the heaviest to manage, as I’ve entered a state of ambiguity and floating in nothingness. How can I travel anywhere knowing I might not be the most statusy pax on the plane. I once shared an exit row with another Lumo, my gosh that was already stressful. Constant anxiety over who might hold the higher CIV score.

Would be great to form a peer support group with others who have gone through the same tragedy. I have so many questions! Is it still okay to use the Lumo Tumi and falsely represent myself to those in the know? Will I ever be able to set foot in Topi’s Vege again considering there’s not a dedicated high-quality cushion reserved for my behind?

Send help.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by SuloL
Looking for a therapist as we speak! If this was 300 years ago, this would be equivalent of stripping a man of his titles, holdings and land, I believe.

I’m expecting the psychological toll to be the heaviest to manage, as I’ve entered a state of ambiguity and floating in nothingness. How can I travel anywhere knowing I might not be the most statusy pax on the plane. I once shared an exit row with another Lumo, my gosh that was already stressful. Constant anxiety over who might hold the higher CIV score.

Would be great to form a peer support group with others who have gone through the same tragedy. I have so many questions! Is it still okay to use the Lumo Tumi and falsely represent myself to those in the know? Will I ever be able to set foot in Topi’s Vege again considering there’s not a dedicated high-quality cushion reserved for my behind?

Send help.
How poetic your sins are forgiven
SPBanker and kauppias like this.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 9:39 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo; HH Diamond
I went ahead and exchanged the award points for tier points. Now, I am Lumo qualified for the next tracking period, which starts in July. No vouchers yet. But, no plans to fly anywhere on AY :-(

An interesting data point - I was not charged 10 euros to do this online. A soft perk?
Helsinki Flyer likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
For me the most "bling" perk was the BMW ride in HEL - once it went away, so did my lumoness/lumohood. No casuality, though. The other good perk I used often was the one food item + one drink. Tapas plate + JP + coffee made a good start for any morning. Only coffee remains...
Old Jun 14, 2023, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
For me the most "bling" perk was the BMW ride in HEL - once it went away, so did my lumoness/lumohood. No casuality, though. The other good perk I used often was the one food item + one drink. Tapas plate + JP + coffee made a good start for any morning. Only coffee remains...
Yeah, while many (biznezmen) plats dont use any perks while travelling for work, other setups as described could water down the the whole AY profit for a cheapo shortish flight of say 50€…technically…ofc the marginal cost or value not that straightforward but I liked to play with the thought
Old Jun 14, 2023, 10:53 pm

Programs: AY Plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Have they removed one drink + food item perk for lumos?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.