Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2022, 5:30 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by SuloL
Taking baby steps on that as we speak! Not quite Ryanair yet but I'm looking forward to trying out AirBaltic next week, would hope that the A220 is a tad more comfortable than AY ATR Now have to hope I get to take advantage of their status match offer in time.
I also have BT upcoming A220 bysiness multicoursemeal hypersyper delight.
Not sure if color of the grass is much different on the other side of fence but it certainly feels good to try
Old Oct 26, 2022, 11:37 pm

Snacktime

New to platinum and on my way to Lumo, thanks to the 3x promo.

Just curious, what's everybody's favorite non alcoholic drink and (if lumo) snack. I know I'm probably the only one not getting the champagne 😂.

Can you choose anything? Like the smoothie and as snack a cheese plate or pasta carbonara on European flights?
Old Oct 27, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Matt Newbie
what's everybody's favorite non alcoholic drink
What's that?
Originally Posted by Matt Newbie
Can you choose anything? Like the smoothie and as snack a cheese plate or pasta carbonara on European flights?
​​​​​​​Anything on the menu on that flight.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: AY Platinum (Lifetime Gold), HH Diamond, Hertz President's Circle

Greetings from AY15. In principle qualifying to Lumohood at the moment 😉 points are posting very slow though at the moment. Happy landings everyone!
Old Nov 9, 2022, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by FinOWE
Happy landings everyone!
I had a soft landing a week ago and I am happy 😂

So I made room for you in the lumocorner, enjoy!
Old Nov 11, 2022, 4:28 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
I have also joined the lumohood, thanks to the 3x promo. A couple of thoughts on this one: this is propably a once in a lifetime chance for me thanks to the extra 2 years, buying those 75k tier points (and thus renewing plat) and then getting that very generous 3x promo. Imo the mathematics were there considering the vouchers, extra gift award points (200k and 300k posted nicely, still waiting for 400k), gold cards and soft landing for plat. Besides those I don't have huge expectations but a potential added value could be AY 100th birthday next year. One big question right now seems to be how to use those vouchers since all LH flights are quite expensive and full (at least Thailand) at the moment. One other big question is, how easily one would clear J lh awards. Those could come handy at this situation.

Btw, I talked briefly with the head of AY+ while tasting those Kyrö whiskys at the NOSE lounge and mentioned the overly crowded shengen lounge. He was well aware of that and said that the main reason is those prolonged status times. This should get better in march when people drop out of gold. Let's see. At the same time he said that the points buying campaign was quite popular so propably there still are more people around than normally. While I certainly prefer a peaceful lounge, I don't feel I can criticize people having their statuses too much since I'm personally also having a higher tier than I would have had without those campaigns. This dilemma reminds me of a saying that I once heard during a wedding speech: "Älä koskaan kritisoi puolisosi vikoja, sillä juuri ne viat estivät häntä saamasta parempaa puolisoa kuin sinä." (Don't criticize the faults in your husband/wife since it's those faults that made him/her stick with you instead of someone better.)
Old Nov 11, 2022, 4:44 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by kanamurva
... but a potential added value could be AY 100th birthday next year. ...
I for one look forward to promotions commemorating the centennial day with 100% discount and/or 100x points.
I think that is something that would make me stick to AY+
Old Nov 28, 2022, 8:38 am

For a data point it seems at least the various Lumo bennies seem to work during the 1-month grace period one gets after landing down to plebplathood.

Now just the streaming wifi sucked on JFK route, surprisingly being operative all flight but speed was like 2kt/min. 22 inlogged wifi users.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 8:53 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
I joined the club after the points from BKK-HEL posted today. No Covid extensions supporting my Lumo quest as my tracking period reset earlier, just had lots of travels already booked for summer/autumn and then booked few more during the May promo.

Don’t expect any changes in the overall experience but at least have points and vouchers like crazy now..Plat ones still unused as traveled in paid J all year, except one HEL-SIN in PE (upgrade didn’t clear on the only non J LH ticket all year..)

Next up, burning points and vouchers the best I can.
r2d2, work2fly, ffay005 and 7 others like this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 1:26 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
I joined the club after the points from BKK-HEL posted today. No Covid extensions supporting my Lumo quest as my tracking period reset earlier, just had lots of travels already booked for summer/autumn and then booked few more during the May promo.

Don’t expect any changes in the overall experience but at least have points and vouchers like crazy now..Plat ones still unused as traveled in paid J all year, except one HEL-SIN in PE (upgrade didn’t clear on the only non J LH ticket all year..)

Next up, burning points and vouchers the best I can.
Congratulations! I am on my way to do it this year also in a regular tracking period primarily due to x3 points promotions. Will have lots of points and vouchers to burn. Unfortunately, it is becoming difficult to justify utilizing AY due to this year's geopolitical changes. So, bitter-sweet anticipation. I guess...
Old Dec 12, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I joined the club after the points from BKK-HEL posted today. [...] Don’t expect any changes in the overall experience but at least have points and vouchers like crazy now...
Congratulations!

I would say the biggest difference is that you will get very attentive inflight service on some flights (on others nothing out of the ordinary). My experience so far is four legs, three of which were amazing.
NoWindowSeat and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 5:15 pm

Question to you fellow Lumos, I got the welcome email from AY Plus, virtually signed by the CEO.

It states: ”As a Platinum Lumo member you will also automatically receive a separate Finnair Plus Platinum credit card via mail. Your Platinum Lumo benefits will remain the same”

What does that mean, any idea?
Old Dec 16, 2022, 5:23 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Question to you fellow Lumos, I got the welcome email from AY Plus, virtually signed by the CEO.

It states: ”As a Platinum Lumo member you will also automatically receive a separate Finnair Plus Platinum credit card via mail. Your Platinum Lumo benefits will remain the same”

Not a Lumo but from what I recall reading previous threads is, that back when AY+ credit cards were branded according to your tier, Lumo got the Plat-colored CC and a separate membership card in the mail. I guess they didn't update the wording as it's now moot, all AY CC's are generic and member cards are virtual.
NoWindowSeat likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 12:20 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Q...

Exactly what Miami
​Miamiflyer says.
Finnair is now the type of organization where no one has the overview of what they got, so when they make a change (eg de-tier CCs) they don't know what dependencies they have.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Exactly what Miami
​Miamiflyer says.
Finnair is now the type of organization where no one has the overview of what they got, so when they make a change (eg de-tier CCs) they don't know what dependencies they have.
😁 Indeed…very much AY style..this crossed my mind but didn’t think it would be possible, I mean they haven’t had physical cards in what, 2-3 years..?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.