Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:14 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
The gate upgrade is difficult as AY doesn’t cater J much over demand so to have food they’d need to do it earlier…then again not many Lumos out there either
so maybe the few extra meals will cover it..? Don’t know, I have been denied last minute SH upgrades (after changing to an earlier flight) solely on the catering reason..and only been able to be in J after convincing the gate that I do not need to eat anything, just to be on the flight.
BA offer lower class catering for upgrades done on day of departure at the airport. On longhaul it's the seat that counts, not the previous, and certainly not the current catering.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
IIRC with BA higher levels you get awards as long as their is space in the lower revenue buckets - I used it happily for F.

I cannot remember the details, as I left BAEC a long time ago.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:28 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
The devil is in the detail but I guess the point here is that as it is, Lumo as a tier is more of a joke than anything else. As pure status level the difference to Plat is just not worth it, especially as most Lumos have to fly J as standard anyway to make the level in the first place. OK, you’ll get few more vouchers to burn with the family but then again most Lumos will have too many points to burn so the real value is again questionable (never hurts to have more, of course).

For those few segment based SH Y flying Lumos the value is much better, of course. Max. soft perks, tens or hundreds of lounge visits with big entourage at the tail etc..
intuition and kauppias like this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 5:19 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by SuloL
No. These were ”New” vouchers as in validity 1 year from issuance.

CS also confirmed that no reason to expect new vouchers until the next tracking period starts.
But this is totally wrong! U got the set of vouchers into middle of tracking period and bumped up in tier, then those vouchers should be valid till the travking period ends in case not new vouchers are given in the middle.

To make it from rautalanka:

This is how it works now:
Gold track period 1-12/2022 makes Plat in June. Gets vouchers in June, valid till 06/2023.
a) gets new voucher set in 06/2023
b) gets new voucher set in 01/2024 in case renewing Plat, otherwise nada, and current vouchers expire at b1) 06/2023 or b2) 12/2023
c) gets new vouchers in 01/2023 when the Plat tracking period ”starts counting”

earlier as we know, the c) was the case. Now we reading in last months that c) has been enhanced into b) or a).
THE problem is b1), that is ABSOLUTELY NOT RIGHT BY AY, as the Plathood continues anyway to end of 2023 so should the validity of vouchers be as well (b2).
Old Jun 3, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by FFlash
But this is totally wrong! U got the set of vouchers into middle of tracking period and bumped up in tier, then those vouchers should be valid till the travking period ends in case not new vouchers are given in the middle.

To make it from rautalanka:

This is how it works now:
Gold track period 1-12/2022 makes Plat in June. Gets vouchers in June, valid till 06/2023.
a) gets new voucher set in 06/2023
b) gets new voucher set in 01/2024 in case renewing Plat, otherwise nada, and current vouchers expire at b1) 06/2023 or b2) 12/2023
c) gets new vouchers in 01/2023 when the Plat tracking period ”starts counting”

earlier as we know, the c) was the case. Now we reading in last months that c) has been enhanced into b) or a).
THE problem is b1), that is ABSOLUTELY NOT RIGHT BY AY, as the Plathood continues anyway to end of 2023 so should the validity of vouchers be as well (b2).
Yeah, agree that if there's no new vouchers given during the first full tracking period at a new tier, the previously given vouchers for that status should be valid until the end of the first full year with the status. However, doesn't seem to be the case. Here's a quote from AY when I asked about it. So far benefits received and validities match this.

"Hei! Olet saavuttanut Lumo tason xx.3.2022, jolloin olet saanut voucherit ja muut edut käyttöösi. Ne ovat voimassa xx.3.2023 saakka. Nyt kun tasokautesi vaihtui 1.6.2022, ei tule enää uusia vouchereita. Mikäli uusit Lumo tason, eli ensi vuonna 1.6.2023 jatkat Lumo jäsenenä, saat silloin uudet voucherit käyttöösi."

So c) has been enchanced away, and b1) it seems to be unfortunately.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by kauppias
Were your old vouchers valid till the last day of your tracking period? I would assume so but better ask...
Yes, they were but I used them all before then end.

Originally Posted by FlyeBye
Nothing odd if that's not the first Plat year for Jaenks.
Now is the first"real year" after the status extension but I qualified first time to Plat just before the first period of status extension was announced.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SuloL
Yeah, agree that if there's no new vouchers given during the first full tracking period at a new tier, the previously given vouchers for that status should be valid until the end of the first full year with the status. However, doesn't seem to be the case. Here's a quote from AY when I asked about it. So far benefits received and validities match this.

"Hei! Olet saavuttanut Lumo tason xx.3.2022, jolloin olet saanut voucherit ja muut edut käyttöösi. Ne ovat voimassa xx.3.2023 saakka. Nyt kun tasokautesi vaihtui 1.6.2022, ei tule enää uusia vouchereita. Mikäli uusit Lumo tason, eli ensi vuonna 1.6.2023 jatkat Lumo jäsenenä, saat silloin uudet voucherit käyttöösi."

So c) has been enchanced away, and b1) it seems to be unfortunately.

What a crappy move, too bad they could not just be straightforward about this chabge ahead of time since after all it WAS a long stabding benefit whether published or not...

Just crap IMO
Old Jun 3, 2022, 6:55 am

Are they seriously having their best customers with expiring vouchers while having Lumo status (for what those vouchers were given as a thank you gesture) still active?

Someone at the top of AY Plus must have missed a course where they tought the basics about customer service and loyalty.

Further confirms it’s time to kill Lumo if there’s no focus on it anymore, do not let it suffer, just turns
against AY the longer it’s kept alive like this.

(And for the record I’m scheduled to reach Lumo later this year as well but not too keen about it at all)
kauppias likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Are they seriously having their best customers with expiring vouchers while having Lumo status (for what those vouchers were given as a thank you gesture) still active?

Someone at the top of AY Plus must have missed a course where they tought the basics about customer service and loyalty.

Further confirms it’s time to kill Lumo if there’s no focus on it anymore, do not let it suffer, just turns
against AY the longer it’s kept alive like this.

(And for the record I’m scheduled to reach Lumo later this year as well but not too keen about it at all)

Exactly, and to keep sneaking these crappy changes in is just pathetic....

The one thing I hate over anything is not bwing straightforward about things. Suprises SUCK people make plans and invest alot of money based on perceived benefits and changing these on the sly is just plain messed up and does NOT create loyalty, but shortens it.

Looks like 2024 will be a time to go free agent and 2023-24 just start redeeming my millions 😁😁 perhaps just focus on where I can get one LT status from 😁
Old Jun 3, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
With the triple points promo, I guess an unprecedented number of new Lumos is going to be minted. Would be quite a daring to remove the tier after people have bought their flights. However as Lumo is going to be an everyman's card for 2023 (after that they start falling back to Plat), AY can't afford to increase the benefits either
Old Jun 3, 2022, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by r2d2
With the triple points promo, I guess an unprecedented number of new Lumos is going to be minted. Would be quite a daring to remove the tier after people have bought their flights. However as Lumo is going to be an everyman's card for 2023 (after that they start falling back to Plat), AY can't afford to increase the benefits either
I don’t think the promo will increase the number of Lumos more than perhaps few tens, if even that. >95/100 pax didn’t even notice the whole promo, if you’d survey the general Plus members, I’m pretty sure. What we know/think here on FT has very little, if anything, to do with real world😀
r2d2, SPBanker, mpkz and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:02 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by ffay005
- Lumo vouchers give you a guaranteed upgrade regardless of U availability,...
The allure in this exists ONLY because they totally destroyed availablity and the process.

So first restore availability to match number of vouchers awarded. Then,sure, if you feel it is needed award Lumos a Joker àla BA
Steve_Hun and FlyeBye like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo; HH Diamond
This must be a North American (one time?) Lumo perk: "Hello,

You're warmly welcome to celebrate 30 years of Finnair Plus at the Consul General of Finland Residence on 29th June."

You guys want me to ask questions? Or, shall I just be quite so I don't end up on some list? :-)
ffay005, SPBanker and miamiflyer8 like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Besstrashny Boug
This must be a North American (one time?) Lumo perk: "Hello,

You're warmly welcome to celebrate 30 years of Finnair Plus at the Consul General of Finland Residence on 29th June."

You guys want me to ask questions? Or, shall I just be quite so I don't end up on some list? :-)
Very interesting one indeed, I assume the NYC consulate since you are based there? Do report back how the event went!
NoWindowSeat and kauppias like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo; HH Diamond
Yes, NYC. Will update!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.