Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TTL
On these arenas, it is usually the facts are in discussion. Not the brags... and asking for brags, in several subforums have been covered - regarding the magical LUMO. Just my humble observation.
Yes, and that is why the name of this thread "New Lumo in da house". Most factual... :-)

At any rate, I wish you a good time of day and hope that my innocent posts do not irritate you in the future. Sincerely.
cistavoda likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 10:30 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by Besstrashny Boug
Yes, and that is why the name of this thread "New Lumo in da house". Most factual... :-)

At any rate, I wish you a good time of day and hope that my innocent posts do not irritate you in the future. Sincerely.
The very same to You and lots of AY flights. PM me when here!
Besstrashny Boug likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 11:12 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Let’s all try to stay polite and respectful to others. Flyertalk is a lot about flying in premium cabins, status, upgrades, champagne etc etc so a lot here circles around the first world problems and it’s not ”bragging” as it happens among (mostly) like minded FFs who understand the context.

Absolutely nothing wrong with telling others someone has received a letter for AY CEO after reaching the top tier… the board is full of comments about AY status recognition, or the lack of it anyway..

Anyone who doesn’t want to know can leave thread ”New Lumo in da house” in peace.

Happy landings all,

Last edited by NoWindowSeat; May 23, 2022 at 11:26 am
Old May 23, 2022, 11:33 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Let’s all try to stay polite and respectful to others. Flyertalk is a lot about flying in premium cabins, status, upgrades, champagne etc etc so a lot here circles around the first world problems and it’s not ”bragging” as it happens among (mostly) like minded FFs who understand the context.

Absolutely nothing wrong with telling others someone has received a letter for AY CEO after reaching the top tier… the board is full of comments about AY status recognition, or the lack of it anyway..

Anyone who doesn’t want to know can leave thread ”New Lumo in da house” in peace.

Happy landings all,
Done that - and more. Thanks.
Old May 25, 2022, 7:27 am

Decided to continue sharing my experience. Perhaps, to convince myself that it was worth it? :-) Please ignore if you find this info useless...

I contacted CS via WhatsApp plat to ask for a partial refund for flight legs cancelled by finnair. Received response within the same day and was told that refund request was initiated. The next day received an email alerting me that the refund was processed. Very quick turnaround. Maybe, it is a coincidence and this post belongs in the "well done AY" thread?
Old May 25, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
They are very quick with refunds.
Old May 25, 2022, 7:41 am

Maybe it is a coincidence then. Although, the same type of refund request took me 4 weeks in late March...
Old May 25, 2022, 9:40 am

I cancelled one online reward booking (within 24hrs) during the recent promo and got the taxes back on my cc in 2 days. Also very happy with the speed. Points posted back in 15mins👍
Old May 25, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Lumo enhancements:

Website accessed on 26MAY22. https://www.finnair.com/fi-en/finnai...-platinum-lumo

Lounge

When travelling on Finnair flights (AY code on the ticket), you have access to the Finnair Lounge services. Finnair Platinum Wing is at your service in the non-Schengen side of Helsinki Airport. Please note that you can use our non-Schengen lounge services when your flight departs from the non-Schengen area.

This benefit applies to you and 4 guests travelling on the same flight. At other airports, the lounge benefit applies only to the lounge printed in your boarding pass and only when travelling on Finnair flights.
In addition to the vouchers being enhanced away (before: one set of vouchers expiring at the end of the current tracking period when first reach Lumo and then an additional new set of vouchers at the end of the tracking period), together with the BMW (have they now been sold?), the lounge access has been enhanced as well.

Before: you could access lounges at HEL regardless of airline. Now: must be AY code on the ticket.

Before: could access any one world lounge that allowed entry to finnair and emeralds. Now: Apparently it is only the single lounge printed on the boarding pass. Taking what it says literally, no more lounge hopping at JFK, LHR, HKG etc. Finnair must pay access to the lounge contractors so it makes sense that they would enhance this away so that they can only pay for a single lounge entry.

Give-away Gold card

You can give Finnair Plus Gold membership as a gift to any Finnair Plus member when you reach the Platinum Lumo tier for the first time. The benefit is valid for one year. You will get this benefit again when you renew your Platinum Lumo tier membership after a new 12-month tracking period.
Was it not two Gold gifts before? And then two more when the new tracking period starts? When they enhanced the vouchers away, they must have retained the old rules for getting another set of perks just for the Gold gift, and taken it to be just a single Gold gift (instead of two) per tracking period. Although, the English is ambiguous and not clear. So you get one Gold gift valid for 12 months when you first reach Lumo, like the vouchers' validity. It's not clear whether you get another Gold gift when the tracking period during which you reached Lumo for the first time ends (as was the case previously for the vouchers and Gold gifts), or another Gold gift only when you reach Lumo again during another future tracking period? The text interpreted as it stands would imply the latter, but I believe the spirit is for the former.

Last edited by zxcv1; May 25, 2022 at 3:56 pm
Old May 25, 2022, 4:33 pm

I think the 4 guest policy is only honored at the designated lounges that AY uses. Other OW lounges Lumos can take 1 guest, as any other Emerald.

The Finnish version still says ”2 gold cards”.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by zxcv1
Lumo enhancements:

Website accessed on 26MAY22. https://www.finnair.com/fi-en/finnai...-platinum-lumo

In addition to the vouchers being enhanced away (before: one set of vouchers expiring at the end of the current tracking period when first reach Lumo and then an additional new set of vouchers at the end of the tracking period), together with the BMW (have they now been sold?), the lounge access has been enhanced as well.

Before: you could access lounges at HEL regardless of airline. Now: must be AY code on the ticket.

Before: could access any one world lounge that allowed entry to finnair and emeralds. Now: Apparently it is only the single lounge printed on the boarding pass. Taking what it says literally, no more lounge hopping at JFK, LHR, HKG etc. Finnair must pay access to the lounge contractors so it makes sense that they would enhance this away so that they can only pay for a single lounge entry.
Under OW rules they cannot enhance that away, any OWE traveling on any OW carrier in any cabin class on OW code can access any OW lounge (with +1 guest) unless it is one of the lounges (like select QR lounges, BA CCR and so on) specifically excluded on the OW site. It has always been that way that the 4 guest policy applies to the specific contract lounge (be it OW or not). AFAIK, the any carrier rule has never been published on the AY site. Also, for gold or higher you only need AY code for sure if it is non-AY metal. On AY metal OW code will do.

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
I think the 4 guest policy is only honored at the designated lounges that AY uses. Other OW lounges Lumos can take 1 guest, as any other Emerald.

The Finnish version still says ”2 gold cards”.
Correct.
Old May 26, 2022, 1:27 am

I should mention that I was not commenting on the number of quests at any point.

However, related to the points I actually raised, it is good to know indeed that what they say on their webpage about lounge access is contradictory with OW rules, and that the Finnish version is contradictory with the English version. What's still open is that before Lumo could access AY lounges at HEL even when they weren't flying OW, now not anymore.
Old May 26, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by zxcv1
Lumo enhancements:

Was it not two Gold gifts before? And then two more when the new tracking period starts? When they enhanced the vouchers away, they must have retained the old rules for getting another set of perks just for the Gold gift, and taken it to be just a single Gold gift (instead of two) per tracking period. Although, the English is ambiguous and not clear. So you get one Gold gift valid for 12 months when you first reach Lumo, like the vouchers' validity. It's not clear whether you get another Gold gift when the tracking period during which you reached Lumo for the first time ends (as was the case previously for the vouchers and Gold gifts), or another Gold gift only when you reach Lumo again during another future tracking period? The text interpreted as it stands would imply the latter, but I believe the spirit is for the former.
I dont have the old text versions to verify if anything has vhanged here but I dont see any changes however here????
Old May 26, 2022, 1:33 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
I dont have the old text versions to verify if anything has vhanged here but I dont see any changes however here????
Indeed, the website has never expressed this unofficial open-door policy for Lumos. Overall, the expressions used regarding lounge access have neen quite ambiguous and unclear for as long as I can remember. I doubt anything has changed in reality.
Old May 26, 2022, 1:45 am

Straight from Finnair's website in 2018:

You have access to the Finnair Lounges and Premium Lounge when travelling on Finnair flights (AY code on the ticket), regardless of travel class. This benefit applies to you and four guests travelling on the same flight. At Helsinki Airport, you are welcome to use our lounges regardless of the operating carrier by showing your Platinum Lumo card and boarding pass. At other airports, the lounge benefit applies only to the lounge printed in your boarding pass and only when travelling on Finnair flights. See all lounge services
It is unclear what is meant by "the lounge benefit" here, i.e. is it the number of guests or Lumo pax own access?
FFlash likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.