Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2022, 5:45 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by intuition
... Soft landing is gone...
Has someone reported that here on FT?
Old Mar 24, 2022, 5:48 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Has someone reported that here on FT?
Oh, I believed it was. Maybe I am wrong? Then strike my last remark!
Old Mar 24, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
I don't but I found older texts in waybackmachine.
It is tricky to find, as they have rebuild the site. In end of 2021 the new text existed. In 2020 there was a different text but it was not at all specific on how/when vouchers were earned

There was a text saying, that upon reaching a new tier, vouchers would be issued that would be valid until the end of the current tracking period and new ones would be issued when the new tracking period starts. It was on the gold and platinum page of the tier description pages below. Unfortunately wayback didn't get these pages, probably because Finnair IT has used some chunky javascript to open them.

So it was not unofficial, hence the new text. But soft landing is unofficial...
intuition likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Soft landing is gone
Wot? Any real-life reports from plats landing on white or silver?
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by FlyeBye
I'm pretty invested in Finnair going for LTP. I will have to stick with them as long as I want Lifetime OWE. No way I would start that journey again anywhere else from near zero.
Always worth remembering - it's not YOUR lifetime
r2d2, napapiiri and FlyeBye like this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Wot? Any real-life reports from plats landing on white or silver?
Not yet I believe, but it would be a logical next step to further reduce giving out vouchers to people that didn't 'qualify'.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:05 am

Smile

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Always worth remembering - it's not YOUR lifetime
Oh, I AM aware and even a bit nervous about it!
WilcoRoger likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:30 am

Seems like the second Gold card is also gone. Lumo now has the same wording as Platinum with regards to the Gold gift.

You can give Finnair Plus Gold membership as a gift to any Finnair Plus member when you reach the Platinum Lumo tier for the first time. The benefit is valid for one year. You will get this benefit again when you renew your Platinum Lumo tier membership after a new 12-month tracking period. To use the benefit, just log in to your Finnair Plus account at finnairshop.com.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Seems like the second Gold card is also gone. Lumo now has the same wording as Platinum with regards to the Gold gift.

You can give Finnair Plus Gold membership as a gift to any Finnair Plus member when you reach the Platinum Lumo tier for the first time. The benefit is valid for one year. You will get this benefit again when you renew your Platinum Lumo tier membership after a new 12-month tracking period. To use the benefit, just log in to your Finnair Plus account at finnairshop.com.
Wow it just keeps getting better and better 😡

They must be planning on scrapping LUMO all together
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
I got two on monday.
ffay005, FFlash and kauppias like this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Jorma
I got two on monday.
So just badly worded by ay 👍👍👍👍😁
Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:09 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
When lumo does not mean lumo anymore...
kauppias likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Imagine if you'd know beforehand and take it as a given that
  • when you go to the airport, there will be enough Plat/Lumo desks and fast track so that you know you won't be queuing for long,
  • the lounge will have seating and catering to look forward to,
  • all staff across the entire pax service pipeline knew what they were talking about,
  • priority boarding will be enforced, naturally,
  • onboard the service will be impeccable going over and beyond, every single time, including pro-active drinks topups, not hiding behind front galley curtain, being happy to serve customers, knowing fully all the perks that tier members are entitled to and being proactive about them,
  • onboard catering will be warm food, good food with enough to eat, with delicious tastes in and around the main dish, and with plenty of more food available if you're still hungry which the FA would proactively offer.

Regarding Finnair Plus, imagine that it would be self-evident that
  • the rules and T&C will be easily available, not duplicated across the website with different ambiguous copies, and clearly presented that you know exactly what you will get, when you'll get it, when it will expire, when you can and cannot use it, and a guarantee that any changes will never affect your present tier + qualification,
  • the program would have perks that are attractive and actually make you want to fly the extra mile with you again resting confident that all perks will be delivered in full without lazy, ignorant or indifferent staff deciding how your visit will go,
  • customer service was available and made possible by sufficient investment in CS staff numbers, roster, education, and given power to help customers,
  • LUMO tier would be worth going for and you'd be even happy to fork out some of that hard-earned €€€ to Finnair's coffers and if you are privileged enough in life to be able to achieve that you'd never even think about having to be angry or feel deceived, bait&switched, or getting some raw end of the deal.

Yeah...

Reality: crew scrolling their phones behind curtains, taking 45 min after takeoff to start serving hot towels and thus managing to already get rid of 30 min of flight time lazing about when pax might be still ignorant enough not to expect service after take off, avoiding all extra efforts and proactiveness, just wanting the flight to be over so they can pocket their salary and get home, just get the pax out of the plane with minimal effort, being annoyed when they use the call button, not knowing what tier perks there are, not making even highest tier members feel welcome.

As I've said before, the real problem is a management failure at Finnair. The management is doing a great job angering pax and maintaining low morale and willingness to work among the crews.
r2d2, nordic, Kelju and 7 others like this.

Last edited by zxcv1; Mar 24, 2022 at 10:13 am
Old Mar 24, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
While you do have a point, it is reality that if AY worked like that, ticket prices would probably need to be doubled or salaries halved.

I've been lucky with cabin crew, they're mostly reasonably attentive and friendly, sometimes even more so. On shorthaul, I don't mind them hiding in the galley because that means more mask-off time for me.

But you also mentioned many points that would cost AY nothing or very little and that should be self-evident. There sure is a lot of room for improvement in many areas.
kauppias likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by zxcv1
Imagine if you'd know beforehand and take it as a given that
  • when you go to the airport, there will be enough Plat/Lumo desks and fast track so that you know you won't be queuing for long,
  • the lounge will have seating and catering to look forward to,
  • all staff across the entire pax service pipeline knew what they were talking about,
  • priority boarding will be enforced, naturally,
  • onboard the service will be impeccable going over and beyond, every single time, including pro-active drinks topups, not hiding behind front galley curtain, being happy to serve customers, knowing fully all the perks that tier members are entitled to and being proactive about them,
  • onboard catering will be warm food, good food with enough to eat, with delicious tastes in and around the main dish, and with plenty of more food available if you're still hungry which the FA would proactively offer.
Written above reminds me First class experience with EK, QR, AF and sometimes with LH/LX.
To put it shortly, AY decided to add a new cabin class to back of the business class, not in front.
Loyalty program managment "dreamers" wanted the best but then the banker came and started cost cutting and beat even Mr. Vueling from BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.