Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by r2d2
I have no experience on what kind of status recognition Lumos receive, but if it is anything like Plat recognition on short hauls, I couldn't agree more with you. Why can't the FA's say "Welcome onboard" to every customer when serving (selling) drinks... Are they so valuable words that they can be said to Plats/Lumos only?
This. I would do it as FA.
i just hate when they recognize me as Lumo with
-my name
-”we got lumo here”
-you are our most flying customer”
and alike.

What I love some rare few can do is simple subtle lowkey versions such as asking ”can I have you a drink or a snack” style with a wink of an eye or similar subtle recognition which doesnt make nearby rows jump and turn to see who the hecc is sat on 58Ö but makes me very clear they know the manifest
Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:52 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by FFlash
This. I would do it as FA.
i just hate when they recognize me as Lumo with
-my name
-”we got lumo here”
-you are our most flying customer”
and alike.

What I love some rare few can do is simple subtle lowkey versions such as asking ”can I have you a drink or a snack” style with a wink of an eye or similar subtle recognition which doesnt make nearby rows jump and turn to see who the hecc is sat on 58Ö but makes me very clear they know the manifest
One I've heard/seen frequently is "Tervetuloa...onko...kaikki...hyvin?" and then awkwardly stare at the pax. Finnish small talk (or lack thereof) at it's finest.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 11:16 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Honestly what would it cost them to allow a comp upgrade to J onboard WHEN space is plenty AND when meals are available.

They could even just say that due to the last minute upgrade meal choice would be last after paying pax...

This would be a huge perk that costs them pretty close to nothing, while no one would count on it as it would not be a guaranteed thing....

The small things matter to those who fly the most... they allready do it for staff so why not offer to LUMO too.

But yeah wishful thinking as that train is backing out instead of going foward 😁😁😁
r2d2, work2fly, cistavoda and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 11:26 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
What I love some rare few can do is simple subtle lowkey versions such as asking ”can I have you a drink or a snack” style
I see we have different opinions here, as that is exactly what I mesnt with service not exceeding what should be the standard for all pax. With service I don't mean status recognition only, but things like attentiveness of service throughout the flight etc. For example the rare cases where the FA offers a second plat drink (for Erica of course) are a great example of that. Regarding status recognition, I like the good old Plat talk most: Some small talk where you maybe get to laugh a little bit together.
FFlash and kauppias like this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:24 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I see we have different opinions here, as that is exactly what I mesnt with service not exceeding what should be the standard for all pax. With service I don't mean status recognition only, but things like attentiveness of service throughout the flight etc. For example the rare cases where the FA offers a second plat drink (for Erica of course) are a great example of that. Regarding status recognition, I like the good old Plat talk most: Some small talk where you maybe get to laugh a little bit together.

A well executed Plat talk goes a long way in my opinion...

Not that I have had a plat talk in over 2 years. In J the purser does come and talk but its so generic and just about the flight, no mention of status ever...
cistavoda and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 1:11 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
Not that I have had a plat talk in over 2 years. In J the purser does come and talk but its so generic and just about the flight, no mention of status ever...
I've found it very rare to have the status mentioned in the Plat talk, but I think it's better that way. It's more about having a nice chit chat than pointing out your status.
esledo, FFlash and kauppias like this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 1:40 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
I've found it very rare to have the status mentioned in the Plat talk, but I think it's better that way. It's more about having a nice chit chat than pointing out your status.
Exactly this. Sometimes it's nice to chat about things especially when it's a member of staff whom you have met before. No status needed for that, although it's highly likely one has status if the staff recognizes you and vv...
r2d2, FFlash, Steve_Hun and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 3:07 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Depends of course also on pax and how I as pax react, sometimes making it fluent and easy, other times clumsy(=when FA doesnt have smallest social eye but is fixed in certain chichatapproach which then likely fails).
When I am sitting for myself, I dont want an FA come and force-pad on my shoulder to tell me about flight time or status level or whatnot. When I am seeking eyecontact, I do wish to have them come over snd chitchat lowkey but it is not necessary nor ruining my day.

A whole different level is of course someone famous enough to be greeted by staff with a recognizing smile and good aftertoon and a short chitchat like ”out and return it is sir?” 😁😁
cistavoda likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
A whole different level is of course someone famous enough to be greeted by staff with a recognizing smile and good aftertoon and a short chitchat like ”out and return it is sir?” 😁😁
One time on arriving to NRT the purser asked me "are you coming back with us?" to which I replied, "no, before you" which caused some amazement
r2d2, renila, intuition and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 6:04 am

I would be curious to hear from any RECENTLY Illuminated members how they received their upgrade certs and gold card

Ie

1) expiration date of the upgrades
2) expiration of the Gold cards

Is it 12months from receiving them? End of current earning period? Or end of following period?

I am trying to do the math here on whether to go for LUMO as planned or delay it towards 2023 January...
Old Mar 23, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Originally Posted by kauppias
I would be curious to hear from any RECENTLY Illuminated members how they received their upgrade certs and gold card

Ie

1) expiration date of the upgrades
2) expiration of the Gold cards

Is it 12months from receiving them?
I have date on them 21.03.2023, so that would be one year from recieving.

Ill ask when i have time about can they be extended until end of lumo, which would be Feb 24. Need to ask about 200, 300, 400, 500k gifts also as they arent in the shop.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 6:22 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo; HH Diamond
I was hoping to achieve this level of Luminosity (stupidity? ) by the middle of May. However, I became just under 10k tier points short due to cancelation of 2 of HEL-LED-HEL legs.
This is probably a once in a life time opportunity for me because of the extended tracking and tier points promotion. I primarily fly to see family... I am thinking that the reward of double set of Lumo level upgrade vouchers would make it worthwhile to do a mileage run although I have never done this before

I am thinking of doing a 2-3 day RT JFK-ARN-JFK. I have never seen Stockholm, so it would be mixing business with pleasure.

A reasonable priced economy light ticket would give me enough tier points (10K), if my calculations are correct (4000+4000+ 2000 (25% platinum bonus)). Perhaps, I can even upgrade it with points for comfort.

I know my questions probably span a couple of threads but could a kind and knowledgeable soul chime in here?

Of the top of your head are my tier point calculations correct?
Any advice on visiting Stockholm for a couple days?
I do not see any alternative for a mileage run from JFK with my set of parameters. Perhaps someone knows better?
I do have a future business light ticket, that would have given me enough points if it was business classic. But I am not sure that I want to even touch that. Is it even possible to upgrade business light to business classic with paying more after the purchase?

Thank you in advance!
Old Mar 23, 2022, 6:26 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Besstrashny Boug
I was hoping to achieve this level of Luminosity (stupidity? ) by the middle of May. However, I became just under 10k tier points short due to cancelation of 2 of HEL-LED-HEL legs.
This is probably a once in a life time opportunity for me because of the extended tracking and tier points promotion. I primarily fly to see family... I am thinking that the reward of double set of Lumo level upgrade vouchers would make it worthwhile to do a mileage run although I have never done this before

I am thinking of doing a 2-3 day RT JFK-ARN-JFK. I have never seen Stockholm, so it would be mixing business with pleasure.

A reasonable priced economy light ticket would give me enough tier points (10K), if my calculations are correct (4000+4000+ 2000 (25% platinum bonus)). Perhaps, I can even upgrade it with points for comfort.

I know my questions probably span a couple of threads but could a kind and knowledgeable soul chime in here?

Any advice on visiting Stockholm for a couple days?
I do not see any alternative for a mileage run from JFK with my set of parameters. Perhaps someone knows better?
I do have a future business light ticket, that would have given me enough points if it was business classic. But I am not sure that I want to even touch that. Is it even possible to upgrade business light to business classic with paying more after the purchase?

Thank you in advance!

Not quite the answer to your question, but an additional alternative. You can always exchange award points to tier points at a 3:1 ratio. So for your missing 10K tier points, you'd need 30K award points. Obviously, no real idiot would do this, when one cal also just fly
Besstrashny Boug likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 6:30 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Originally Posted by Besstrashny Boug

Yes. One way in eco light long haul is 4000+tier bonus.

If your missing points are the "butt in AY seat" ones, then no. If its just normal tier, head to mileage run forum and there might be something. JFK-ARN-JFK is still most likely the convinient one.

Business light can be "upgraded" to classic by paying the fare difference.

Thank you in advance!
Uh, some answers hidden in quote... Im bad today.
Besstrashny Boug likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Jorma
I have date on them 21.03.2023, so that would be one year from recieving.

Ill ask when i have time about can they be extended until end of lumo, which would be Feb 24. Need to ask about 200, 300, 400, 500k gifts also as they arent in the shop.
I was afraid of that, so makes sense for me to just cancel all my current bookings and get my cash back

Damn you ay 😁😆

What a stupid move on all parts, they may save some money here but I doubt they will MAKE any money with this move.

Oh well their game...

But nice going with the 500k too... I was going to hit 500k but now I will make sure judt to barely hit 450... I should be at 420k or so now once pts post, I would have been 500k next month...

If they are going to go a system like this they should atleast have the upgrades expire with your status not mid year 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Last edited by kauppias; Mar 23, 2022 at 7:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.