Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Lucky me got a bmw ride after 23pm and asked if they have started working late. Yes, they drive until 24:00.
remymartin and spek like this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 2:01 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by ffay005
To the point where DXB lounge dragons treat Platsku better than Lumo

It might make sense for OW to introduce a general tier above OWE.
On one hand, it really does.

OTOH, formally introducing a super tier means agreeing on a alliance wide set of recognitions. I see several caveats. For one, it may make the level feel less exclusive and/or affect loyalty. (If you are super-duper status with airline X, you're super-duper loyal to airline X. But if airline Y starts to treat you like an emperor, despite zero loyalty to them, that might effect your perception in a way airline X doesn't want)

Also, oneWorld already today have issues with alliance wide reciprocity. We all know about some airlines' stingy approach to lounge access ("Finnair member? Sorry the lounge is full") and the non-consistency about seat selection and additional bag depending on fare branding. To me it looks like OW is not going in a direction of more integration but instead are hollowing out what is already agreed upon.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:48 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Moderator note

One of your regular forum posters suggested that several recent posts about OW lounge access in the network for Finnair flyers be moved to an active thread in this forum about that topic:

OW lounges at Finnair outstations

That has been done. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.
esledo and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by FFlash
Lucky me got a bmw ride after 23pm and asked if they have started working late. Yes, they drive until 24:00.
Lucky you. They have been working until midnight for several months, but the truth is they have other duties, too - and apparently Lumo rides are not the priority. As a result, I've passed parked BMWs many times standing on the bus with the main crowd.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by on22cz
Lucky you. They have been working until midnight for several months, but the truth is they have other duties, too - and apparently Lumo rides are not the priority. As a result, I've passed parked BMWs many times standing on the bus with the main crowd.
Yep.
my hit rate is about 3/10 so far.

well and yesterday I got a very awkward treatment, I was sat during boarding with my earplugs and pretended low-key and FA came insistively seeking connection and blabbered a long Lumo sweetytalk while I saw in the corner of my eyes all watching ”who is that guy” oh well
remymartin and kanamurva like this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:34 am

Oh snap...Apparently I've unlocked hardmode with -1 modifier.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:02 pm

Programs: AY Lumo.
Maybe I'm cutting it a bit too close?
SPBanker and remymartin like this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:03 pm

...then again, I'm posting this from JFK T8, waiting for AY6 to board.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:55 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Hopefully you're not on one of these fake campaign fares that they award only 25 % for even if booking class says 50 %.
cistavoda, Steve_Hun and napapiiri like this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 2:46 pm

Continuing the female Lumo hunt, based on the FA approach it seems there is one onboard with me now.
As a gentleman I cannot go ask her if she is an idiot but perhaps her name. Erica? Share a drink?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash
Continuing the female Lumo hunt, based on the FA approach it seems there is one onboard with me now.
As a gentleman I cannot go ask her if she is an idiot but perhaps her name. Erica? Share a drink?
On arrival, confirmed. She had a Tumi. And also pretty idiot too, she was flying OUL-HEL-TMP
I did not talk with her but overheard FA ensuring her connection was okay.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:28 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
Haha. I am flying OUL-HEL-TMP next week. I debated about taking the train until I realized that I would have to pay for my salad and also wouldn’t earn points. Why travel if you can’t earn points? Especially when I am closing in on LT Plat.
ffay005, hermanni, FFlash and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:58 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by napapiiri
Especially when I am closing in on LT Plat.
Congratulations!

You are the only one I know here on FT who is close to LTP, we have a few LTG's but so far I haven't seen lifetime plats here.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by napapiiri
Haha. I am flying OUL-HEL-TMP next week. I debated about taking the train until I realized that I would have to pay for my salad and also wouldn’t earn points. Why travel if you can’t earn points? Especially when I am closing in on LT Plat.
Yeah. On arrival when I heard she was connecting to Tampere, I should have run after her to ask if she was FT-idiot indeed, since I dont think ”normal” people would fly Oulu-Tampere via HEL but simply take a train which just 3? hours.
And, she sat 1D and was quick to vanish to gate areas so she knew how to move

EDIT: and congrats for LT plat! I would do the same as you if I was close but the stupid AY LT limits keep me just on 1M points even though I have been extensively flying for 20y.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Congratulations!

You are the only one I know here on FT who is close to LTP, we have a few LTG's but so far I haven't seen lifetime plats here.
I'd be a Lifetime Platinum, if I wouldn't have been crediting my AY points to BA for a decade. Now I'm just Lifetime Gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.