Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2022, 11:45 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by FlyeBye
Seems like the second Gold card is also gone. Lumo now has the same wording as Platinum with regards to the Gold gift.

You can give Finnair Plus Gold membership as a gift to any Finnair Plus member when you reach the Platinum Lumo tier for the first time. The benefit is valid for one year. You will get this benefit again when you renew your Platinum Lumo tier membership after a new 12-month tracking period. To use the benefit, just log in to your Finnair Plus account at finnairshop.com.
Just only on the "international" read English versions of the page. In Finnish they clearly state that: Voit antaa Finnair Plus Gold -jäsenyyden lahjaksi kahdelle Finnair Plus -jäsenelle, kun saavutat Platinum Lumo -tason ensimmäisen kerran, ja sen jälkeen jokaisen seurantajakson päätteeksi, kun uusit Platinum Lumo -jäsenyytesi. Kirjaudu Finnair Plus -tilillesi osoitteessa finnairshop.com, kun haluat käyttää edun.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 12:29 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
But that finnish text is the old version, when there was not a limited 12month validity, but perks were connected to the membership year.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by intuition
But that finnish text is the old version, when there was not a limited 12month validity, but perks were connected to the membership year.
på svenska is also not written about two cards, but only about Gold membership as a gift. Seems that two Gold card gifting option is only for members from Finland
Old Mar 25, 2022, 1:14 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Jaenks
på svenska is also not written about two cards, but only about Gold membership as a gift. Seems that two Gold card gifting option is only for members from Finland
Hehe, that idea struck me too, fits into my conspiracy theory
Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, etc.
Is it worth buying several business class flights just to obtain Lumo? I have five months left and only few trips planned.
Current progress:
* Tier points 363,576/450,000 of which 286,188/350,000 from Finnair flights.
* Qualifying flights 116/150 of which 110/100 from Finnair flights.
FFlash likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by FinnLuft
Is it worth buying several business class flights just to obtain Lumo? I have five months left and only few trips planned.
Current progress:
Not really, since there is no difference between regular and Lumo Plat atm, but since you only need one LH flight in J, I would be looking for a good deal and snap it up. Upgrade Vouchers, Gold gift(s) and hopefully soft landing would actually make it worth it.
FinnLuft likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Not really, since there is no difference between regular and Lumo Plat atm, but since you only need one LH flight in J, I would be looking for a good deal and snap it up. Upgrade Vouchers, Gold gift(s) and hopefully soft landing would actually make it worth it.

A bit mOre then one normal J is needed though 😀
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:18 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by intuition
Here are the most current versions of the rules. So what about an old version? Pay attention to word kahdelle.
manywhere likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by TTL
Here are the most current versions of the rules. So what about an old version? Pay attention to word kahdelle.
The Swedish version has "all Finnair Plus members" so you apparently reach Oprah-giveaway-level when you reach Lumo? 😂

But to be precise, in Swedish it is written so that it would be possible to give away an undefined amount of Gold memberships and it isn't limited to one with the current wording.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by FinnLuft
Current progress:
Welcome to FT and AY forum!

That close I would be tempted to go for it just for the experience but everybody have their hobbies
FinnLuft likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:45 pm

Onboard recognition has been upped by quite a lot recently. Something to look forward to for the new breeds!
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Onboard recognition has been upped by quite a lot recently. Something to look forward to for the new breeds!
What has changed?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:18 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Wot? Made me dunk my coffee almost. What is this improvement? Going verbal to oral service? 🤔🤔😯😯🤓🤓
FlyeBye likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:20 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by on22cz
What has changed?
Curious as well...
This is one area finnair could make major improvements with very little cash outlay IMHO...

Though a moot point wheb I am just a basic Plat with ay 😁😁👀

Perhaps oneday they will fix the points since I have now flown all the needed flights since monday 😁

Perhaps they will deduct some more points tomorrow 😀😁

Good news is my upgrade went through so I will sit at the pointy end, cleared 3 days before flight this time, so I carried my poormans business class seat with me for nothing again 😀😀

Last edited by kauppias; Apr 7, 2022 at 5:32 am
Old Apr 7, 2022, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by on22cz
What has changed?
Had 4 recent long hauls and on every occasion, service was extremely personal and exceptional. Not like before, where you would get a longer Plat talk and then service a bit better than usual. Difference is huge and I doubt that this is due to luck with the crew that you could also have before. On my last leg I heard people behind me talking about if I was a movie star or so... Well, it felt like it! Thanks Finnair!
r2d2, NoWindowSeat, the810 and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.