Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2022, 12:00 am

Programs: AY+ plat / SK EBG
OK. I think I got my unofficial welcome gift into the realm of Lumo.

The app on my Android phone has gone bonkers. I logged out and back in and now I cannot find any of my future bookings in it. Not even by manual input. It simply says that the reservation cannot be found... Tried everything I can (log out, shut down, clear cache, clear app). Any ideas what to do next? WA line was useless as expected on this... directed me to report to IT department and to get them to help.
cistavoda likes this.

Last edited by jmv71; Jul 13, 2022 at 1:06 am
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:21 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jmv71
OK. I think I got my unofficial welcome gift into the realm of Lumo.

The app on my Android phone has gone bonkers. I logged out and back in and now I cannot find any of my future bookings in it. Not even by manual input. It simply says that the reservation cannot be found... Tried everything I can (log out, shut down, clear cache, clear app). Any ideas what to do next? WA line was useless as expected on this... directed me to report to IT department and to get them to help.
The iOS app updated yesterday (12JUL22). Perhaps this update messed up the app's access to Finnair's database in your case on android. In my case everything works, I just don't like the aesthetics of the new app. It suffers from cosmetic bugs such as not taking into account older phones so many text boxes overflow beyond the screen instead of automatically scaling to fit, and I don't like it that it only shows four upcoming flights. The electronic Lumo card aurora and stars animation is the same as before.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by zxcv1
The iOS app updated yesterday (12JUL22)..
I don't see that update. The last one is from 8/July, this is the one that brought in the new interface.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
From the triple points campaign I bought my first ever real mileage run ticket: JFK-HEL-SIN-HEL-JFK (one night in SIN) in premium economy this October. Pricing was 1742 USD (around 1650 euros that time) and that would score 240 000 tier points. As my tracking period will reset October 1st, and with some other flights in that month + award point change I would make to the Lumo level already by end of October. That would be almost two years of Lumo life. I thought (and still think) this would be "the opportunity" to hit the Lumo level, but have also started to hesitate. Should I be just fine with Platinum level, as the Lumo has seen many enhancements recently? Well, I need to think about this and decide what to do. I wonder if any of you have similar "problem"? I think I could also change the name in the ticket with 400 euros, just wonder if one would then also receive those triple points?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:56 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by Tapio
From the triple points campaign I bought my first ever real mileage run ticket: JFK-HEL-SIN-HEL-JFK (one night in SIN) in premium economy this October. Pricing was 1742 USD (around 1650 euros that time) and that would score 240 000 tier points. As my tracking period will reset October 1st, and with some other flights in that month + award point change I would make to the Lumo level already by end of October. That would be almost two years of Lumo life. I thought (and still think) this would be "the opportunity" to hit the Lumo level, but have also started to hesitate. Should I be just fine with Platinum level, as the Lumo has seen many enhancements recently? Well, I need to think about this and decide what to do. I wonder if any of you have similar "problem"? I think I could also change the name in the ticket with 400 euros, just wonder if one would then also receive those triple points?
Sadly, there is no reason to go any extra mile for lumo at the moment. Great if you make it anyway, but if it's any stretch, hold off until better times.
Tapio likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by Tapio
I think I could also change the name in the ticket with 400 euros, just wonder if one would then also receive those triple points?
Date changes and upgrades are confirmed to work with the triple points promo. A name change might jeopardize that. I would confirm with CS prior to doing that.
Tapio likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 2:11 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
I would keep that flight if it's all you need for lumo. Imo ay+ 30yo promotions were beyond good and ay is gonna have 100 birthday in 2023. I think there's some potential value of being lumo that year.
Venezuela-Miami, Jyrsa and FFlash like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 2:58 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by kanamurva
I think there's some potential value of being lumo that year.
Richard Clayderman CD-set in mind?
Old Jul 20, 2022, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Richard Clayderman CD-set in mind?

They actually added quite a few products to the milestone gifts, current selection is:

Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:31 am

But whre are points as milestone gift option ?
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:38 am

But whre are points as milestone gift option ?
Gone, that was the 900k selection. The points and upgrade vouchers option vanishes after 400k.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by FlyeBye
Gone, that was the 900k selection. The points and upgrade vouchers option vanishes after 400k.
Yes, I just received my 600k options and all the stuff are something I don't need and wouldn't go to the store to buy. Next week, I should clean the shelves again of things I don't need or miss.

Points and upgrades would be sustainable option. Why aren't they an option?
NoWindowSeat and kauppias like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:07 am

Yes, I just received my 600k options and all the stuff are something I don't need and wouldn't go to the store to buy. Next week, I should clean the shelves again of things I don't need or miss.

Might be difficult to top the 100k points at 400k. Still appreciate the gesture and it's sure better, that this is not stuff you would go to the store for, because you would have bought those things already by the time you reach a milestone. It's certainly only overstock they make available, but it's just a gesture, if you don't like the stuff, leave it there.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat

points would be best but I do apprexiate the gifts or I should say MRS kauppias appreciates them and thus looks the other way when I tell her off I go again 🤣🤣

Now if ONLY they offered a tier gift at 700k that had the same effect on my employer while I wait for my euromillions 🥳🤷‍♂️
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: AY Plat
Originally Posted by Besstrashny Boug
New tracking period started = no new benefits added to the account. Just another data point to confirm that the days of double sets of vouchers are gone...
Is this really the current policy or the vouchers just appear later?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.