Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, OW emerald
Another 3x campaign Lumo here

Saw the 3x points opportunity and took it, and now Lumo in August.

Few observations along the way.

- As others have reported, I had to ask every milestone gift separately. They didn't appear automatically nor did I get any email. Exception are the gold card gifts and the Tumi gift that were automatically available when status upgraded to Lumo.
- Last leg of last flight as new lumo on European flight, they separately came to greet and chat. Nothing else really, no serving first in EU business etc, on the contrary. Even on same row was served last :P. Platinum service has actually been pretty good already on recent flights.
- Tried once out of interest premium economy. They served champagne from plastic cups (before they used to give platinum customers glass even on domestic flights if available). They apologised that it is not possible even I requested.
- Some of the wooden covers of the trays already started detaching from the trays in premium economy. AY seems to be a bit unlucky with the interior shopping.

Looking forward to see what happens with the vouchers. Read already here that they are not automatically "refilled" in the beginning of a new tracking period. So no need to panic shop before end of tracking period. Would be good to know how they plan to hand out the new vouchers or is there even option that no vouchers at all during next tracking period if you don't maintain your current level?
FlyeBye likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 8:18 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by Rifter
Saw the 3x points opportunity and took it, and now Lumo in August.

Few observations along the way.

- As others have reported, I had to ask every milestone gift separately. They didn't appear automatically nor did I get any email. Exception are the gold card gifts and the Tumi gift that were automatically available when status upgraded to Lumo.
- Last leg of last flight as new lumo on European flight, they separately came to greet and chat. Nothing else really, no serving first in EU business etc, on the contrary. Even on same row was served last :P. Platinum service has actually been pretty good already on recent flights.
- Tried once out of interest premium economy. They served champagne from plastic cups (before they used to give platinum customers glass even on domestic flights if available). They apologised that it is not possible even I requested.
- Some of the wooden covers of the trays already started detaching from the trays in premium economy. AY seems to be a bit unlucky with the interior shopping.

Looking forward to see what happens with the vouchers. Read already here that they are not automatically "refilled" in the beginning of a new tracking period. So no need to panic shop before end of tracking period. Would be good to know how they plan to hand out the new vouchers or is there even option that no vouchers at all during next tracking period if you don't maintain your current level?
Welcome to Lumohood. Hope you will enjoy the little extras.
Champagne from plastic cups have been around for longer. It happens every now and then when they don't have enough glasses on board.
And for the vouchers, they will only get you another set if you renew your status. But the soft landing is still here. Hope they will not touch that at least.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 12:17 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Soon everymans card is lumotic card
Except me….
Old Aug 22, 2022, 1:11 am

Programs: AY, Accor, Hilton - Gold
is there a soft landing from plat to gold? or only lumo?
florens and FinnLuft like this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 1:46 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Compliment
is there a soft landing from plat to gold? or only lumo?
softlandings have been on all tiers in the past, we can hope it stays this way but finnair seems to be on a craze to weaken benefits 🤷‍♂️🤣
FinnLuft likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Except me….
At least we know now, why they stripped all the Lumo benefits.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:08 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Except me….
Rest assured you are not alone.
florens and FFlash like this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Rest assured you are not alone.
Not going the extra mile this time around, staying basic Platinum is for sure no bad decision at the moment.
Tuvv likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Any recent data points on the (unpublished?) lounge access for oneself when flying other airlines out of HEL? Has this been enhanced away?
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by SuloL
Any recent data points on the (unpublished?) lounge access for oneself when flying other airlines out of HEL? Has this been enhanced away?
I was denied in the spring entrance to Schengen lounge when flying on non AY ticket.
FFlash likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by napapiiri
I was denied in the spring entrance to Schengen lounge when flying on non AY ticket.
I was allowed in on a Ryanair ticket a few weeks back 😃🤷‍♂️
FFlash likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Lumo access still works but agents are a mixed bag. You can be told multiple times that you are not eligible before they understand that it’s a Lumo benefit.
FFlash, napapiiri and SuloL like this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by on22cz
Lumo access still works but agents are a mixed bag. You can be told multiple times that you are not eligible before they understand that it’s a Lumo benefit.
like everything with ay benefits lately its a YMMV 🤣🤣 I was cheeky and just told the front desk lady I am entering with my lumo opendoors benefits and just just smiled and said oh okay 🤣🤣🤣
Old Aug 23, 2022, 9:55 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Except me….
Just a data point from HEL schengen lounge right now…vased on the increased roped-off-Lumo-area and the high number of pax inside it, Lumocard IS getting an everymans hold
manywhere and kauppias like this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 10:43 pm

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Just a data point from HEL schengen lounge right now…vased on the increased roped-off-Lumo-area and the high number of pax inside it, Lumocard IS getting an everymans hold
Or could be that no one cares because the lounge is so full?
kauppias likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.