Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 12:45 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Business Class AA award: SFO-LAX-LHR-HEL

I booked the above itinerary with AA award miles. SFO-LAX-LHR are on AA metal and all is fine with that.
For, LHR-HEL, AA could only find economy class. As such I had it ticketed, hoping to get it fixed later.

Is there anyway to get business class seats released (I had called AA EXP desk 2x to no avail). I used EF which only showed X as in Economy.

The flight is AY840. Booking shows that it is on A320.

Any help will be appreciated.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by allset2travel
I booked the above itinerary with AA award miles. SFO-LAX-LHR are on AA metal and all is fine with that.
For, LHR-HEL, AA could only find economy class. As such I had it ticketed, hoping to get it fixed later.

Is there anyway to get business class seats released (I had called AA EXP desk 2x to no avail). I used EF which only showed X as in Economy.

I don't think so. Waitlisting is only available for Finnair plus members.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 12:51 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by allset2travel

Just keep checking for availability. It can change at anytime. Harder to find TATL legs so best to lock those in.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Which lounge is better at CPH, the CPH apartment or the Aspire lounge?
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:31 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
They are pretty similar in terms of offerings, but I prefer CPH apartments.
Aspire has no outside views, but has been less busy on the few occasions I've been there.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by intuition
They are pretty similar in terms of offerings, but I prefer CPH apartments.
Aspire has no outside views, but has been less busy on the few occasions I've been there.
Thanks for replying, I was almost certain it was going to be you who replied
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
turnaround fligh

What should I take into account when having a my first ever Mileage run / turnaround flight at OSL. I have a 2-3 hours layover at OSL, and then back.

At OSL, can I proceed straight to the lounge without going to security/check-in, as I don't need the printed BP?

Tack!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Which lounge is better at CPH, the CPH apartment or the Aspire lounge?
I too like the CPH apartment lounge. It has smoked salmon and Heineken on tap!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
What should I take into account when having a my first ever Mileage run / turnaround flight at OSL. I have a 2-3 hours layover at OSL, and then back.

At OSL, can I proceed straight to the lounge without going to security/check-in, as I don't need the printed BP?!
OSL is a breeze. As you come out of the plane, you will walk into connecting flights, a small security checkpoint on top of the gates (all connecting passengers get screened) and you then get straight to the gate area. 2–3 hours is plenty. I think my connection was 35-45 minutes last time and I even managed to have a dinner in the lounge.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lkrt
OSL is a breeze. As you come out of the plane, you will walk into connecting flights, a small security checkpoint on top of the gates (all connecting passengers get screened) and you then get straight to the gate area. 2–3 hours is plenty. I think my connection was 35-45 minutes last time and I even managed to have a dinner in the lounge.
Wow. Never knew this that all connecting passengers at OSL need to go they transit security. Most useless thing ever for EU and US arrivals
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
@Karjaluokka

most of the times AY flights to OSL will park at apron, and the bus takes you to terminal entrance where you simply head in the other direction than exiting pax, guiding you directly to gate area without even need of security. I just whisked by there last week like that.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
guiding you directly to gate area without even need of security. I just whisked by there last week like that.
Really? I was wrong then. I've always had a jetway at OSL and had to be screened but it didn't even cross my mind that the need of a security check would be determined by whether you're parked at a stand or a gate...
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Last time I did same aircraft turnaround in OSL, there was no screening. Only stairs and then I was on departure level. Easy.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:02 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
According to boarding passes, Plat perk of priority security and boarding group 1 doesn't seem to extend to a travel companion on the same booking. Is this really the case or a mistake?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Unsub
According to boarding passes, Plat perk of priority security and boarding group 1 doesn't seem to extend to a travel companion on the same booking. Is this really the case or a mistake?
This is the case. However, at HEL you're allowed to take one guest through the priority security. Also outport stations often let you take a guest in if you persuade them a bit (done this at least in CPH and WAW). Priority boarding is available for your guests when they board with you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.