Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, AZ Alata Plus
Originally Posted by needle
Hi Fintastic, I made Platinum this year with 7 days left in my period and got upgrade vouchers + gold giveaway which were valid for 7 days. The CC lady was unsure what would happen so that must've been just on the verge of the cut. I'm not sure if the cut is static X days or depends on the month/data loads/whatever.
Hi needle and everyone else with info on this, thank you. I will surely let you know how it goes.. Even with my segment runs its going to be close to the two weeks that seems to be the unofficial cutoff.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Earlier this week talked to the Gold CS about some issues with retro claiming some points. At the same time asked her about the advance to platinum level and what are the cut off days for vouchers and their validity. Been told that if you reach the next level 8 or more days before the end of the tracking period, you get everything (i.e. for platinum all the upgrade vouchers and the gold give away card), if you reach the new tier less than 8 days before the end of tracking period then you don't get those.

Same time got clarification on validity of vouchers, too: IF you get them, they are always valid for the current tracking period (e.g. potentially for 8 days), never for the next one (despite what I've mentioned here couple times, so sorry for that... Policy must have changed).
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Same time got clarification on validity of vouchers, too: IF you get them, they are always valid for the current tracking period (e.g. potentially for 8 days), never for the next one (despite what I've mentioned here couple times, so sorry for that... Policy must have changed).
That's how it has been before. However, you can use them for any upcoming flight (also after tracking period changes).
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are there any cash upgrade instruments for short-haul flights?

KRK-HEL is continually wide open, for the most part as it seems its impossible to price a decent fare off this flight, ITA keeps thinking its Y only probably because AY haven't filed anything. If it were to lead to the reissue of the ticket and higher C FFP credit I would be interested for a reasonable "Plusgrade" or BA style POUG.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by hugolover

KRK-HEL is continually wide open, for the most part as it seems its impossible to price a decent fare off this flight, ITA keeps thinking its Y only probably because AY haven't filed anything. If it were to lead to the reissue of the ticket and higher C FFP credit I would be interested for a reasonable "Plusgrade" or BA style POUG.
I'm not sure if I've understood correctly, however, there's no J on flights to KRK. These are all-Y flights.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lkrt
I'm not sure if I've understood correctly, however, there's no J on flights to KRK. These are all-Y flights.
EF shows a C cabin and relevant booking classes. Do AY use these for Y only flights?

AY site prices it up at 785.83 EUR Flexible tariff, definitely "Business" and "Business Cabin" showing all Business Class benefits as per normal. No problem to select seats in the J cabin during purchase. Shows 1-3 rows on one E90, on another 1-5 A320.

So AY are definitely selling Business or have totally cocked up and are offering something they cannot provide.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
KRK is two class destination so C available.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Oh, that's old information then. Sorry about that.

Then I don't understand your question. There's no cash upgrades that would change the booking class to a business class one, they move you into the F fare class bucket and you get miles according to the original fare class.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 2:23 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
There are, but none you can invoke yourself. In the thread linked below there are reports on upgrade offers made on e-mail and text messages:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...de-offers.html

You can also go into MMB and hit the "Upgrade" button, where three upgrade options exists. Two of them are cash upgrades: The "Name your price" is an auction thing and the "Last minute offer" is similar to the e-mail/text offers.
These upgrade paths are not available on all flights and I don't think any shorthauls can be upgraded through this channel. But you never know until you tried.

... If it were to lead to the reissue of the ticket and higher C FFP credit ...
They don't.
So if that is the main reason you are looking into this, then no need to look any further.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK thanks. Looking at this it would seem SH offers are available. HEL-BUD €69 is not too bad.

I take it there is no cash AUP offered in SH outstations either?

Its a pity no through fares are properly filed on HEL-KRK and the OD fares are so expensive. LHR-HEL tends to have some reasonable fares and for BA flyers it is an enhanced TP route.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
69-89€ is not as bad as Lufthansa (99€) or KLM (169-199€), but it's still pretty bad, considering that it does not grant extra mileage credit.

You can get the alcohol, the newspaper, the extra bag for less and the warm meal for less in economy.

And if you fancy extra legroom, then you must stick to economy anyway.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Is AY's J seat on A330 180-flat? For ORD-HEL. Thanks.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:17 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yes they are.
The A330 fleet is decently young, all birds manufactured in 2009-2010.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Courmisch
69-89€ is not as bad as Lufthansa (99€) or KLM (169-199€), but it's still pretty bad, considering that it does not grant extra mileage credit.

You can get the alcohol, the newspaper, the extra bag for less and the warm meal for less in economy.

And if you fancy extra legroom, then you must stick to economy anyway.
Does the €69 include lounge and Fast Track, or just a set in J?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Does the €69 include lounge and Fast Track, or just a set in J?
It includes lounge access, Fast track, priority boarding and extra bag on hold besides the business service on board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.