Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2020

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2020, 11:30 pm

Programs: Skywards
What happens if you depart before 31Dec and arrive after 1 Jan (and your silver/gold tier expires on 31 Dec)

do you still get the tier benefits upon your return??
Old Apr 4, 2020, 11:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by redeternet7
What happens if you depart before 31Dec and arrive after 1 Jan (and your silver/gold tier expires on 31 Dec)

if you mean fast track (what other. benefits do you have upon arrival?), then yes
Old Apr 4, 2020, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
if you mean fast track (what other. benefits do you have upon arrival?), then yes
extra checked in luggage
Old Apr 4, 2020, 11:47 pm
Suspended

extra checked in luggage
that depends on the status when your flight departs, so it has nothing to do with your arrival date.
redeternet7 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 7:47 pm

Tier benefits continue for two months after your tier expires, and they expire at midnight Dubai time so depending on where you are departing from, you might not even get them at all, even if it looks like you should going by your local time. I stood to gain by this departing from a timezone ahead of DXB early in the morning so would still have been Gold in Dubai time, but won't get to try it now with all the changes.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Tier benefits continue for two months after your tier expires, and they expire at midnight Dubai time so depending on where you are departing from, you might not even get them at all, even if it looks like you should going by your local time. I stood to gain by this departing from a timezone ahead of DXB early in the morning so would still have been Gold in Dubai time, but won't get to try it now with all the changes.
as they are manually extending it to December 2020 im not sure if the two months will be given
Old Apr 7, 2020, 12:39 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
as they are manually extending it to December 2020 im not sure if the two months will be given
Was not a manual thing but was a default rule for skywards. The two month extension used to be writtem on the physical card as well when I had one as a gold.

Not sure if they have physical cards these days as I am only a lowly blue due to less travel.

Also you drop down to the next lower tier.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Was not a manual thing but was a default rule for skywards. The two month extension used to be writtem on the physical card as well when I had one as a gold.

Not sure if they have physical cards these days as I am only a lowly blue due to less travel.

Also you drop down to the next lower tier.
i understand that in normal circumstance
but i was referring to the recent news where they will extend expiration of tier status until december 2020. I dont think they will give another two months ontop. Hopefully they will
Old Apr 7, 2020, 7:45 pm

I ddon't think this is the right time for them to give with one hand and take with the other, so the two months benefits will remain I'm sure.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 1:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I'm looking to book SFO-DXB-MNL in First. Best I can tell First is not offered DXB-MNL. If that is the case will I have access to the First Class lounge for my layover?
Old Apr 19, 2020, 8:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JHake10
I'm looking to book SFO-DXB-MNL in First. Best I can tell First is not offered DXB-MNL. If that is the case will I have access to the First Class lounge for my layover?
Yes you will in both directions.
JHake10 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 3:09 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Yes you will in both directions.
Only if the flight is booked as F all the way (and even then it might be a struggle).

If it's booked as F & J, then the OP won't get F lounge access before the DXB-MNL flight.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 3:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Only if the flight is booked as F all the way (and even then it might be a struggle).

If it's booked as F & J, then the OP won't get F lounge access before the DXB-MNL flight.
How can you not book first all the way? SFO DXB and DXB MNL will be married segments. There's no way to book this on a non-first class fare basis (unless you book a J fare and upgrade with miles by segment, but the OP stated he is booking first)
Old Apr 20, 2020, 4:48 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

How can you not book first all the way? SFO DXB and DXB MNL will be married segments. There's no way to book this on a non-first class fare basis (unless you book a J fare and upgrade with miles by segment, but the OP stated he is booking first)
I just did a test. Doing F-J-J-F was $12k. Doing SFO-MNL in F was $19k.

So there seems to be some difference.

It's not something I've ever done, but this question must have been asked at least 20 times on here. Your response is the first one that I can recall that says categorically that the OP would be entitled to F lounge no matter how they booked it (leaving aside upgrades etc.).

Edit - It appears I'm wrong Apologies... ignore me.

Last edited by DYKWIA; Apr 20, 2020 at 5:07 am
Old Apr 20, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Thanks all for the answers. Looking to book a F award via AS SFO-DXB-MNL. It seems no F is offered on DXB-MNL which is a bummer. This will be my first time on Emirates F!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.